Irvine Victoria 16/17

IrvineVicsMan

Well beat today T . Big Eddy unavailable...Blantyre were quicker, fitter and more street wise...3 at the back hurt us badly.. Davie Adams off injured...fair play to Blantyre game plan was first class today.. Vics? We move on to Cumbernauld next week, every game a cup final in this league, c u next Sat Tombo...Mon The Vics

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Andy, thanks for the response as it answers some of my questions about personnel available plus starting formation.:thumsup2

IMO the persistence of playing 3 at the back,is going to be our downfall this season. Wasn't there today so can't comment on individuals,however better teams than Blantyre, will take goals off us.

No disrespect to Blantyre,by any means,so well done to them today,as its been a good start to their league campaign.

T

• 2 weeks later...

Well done today lads:thumsup2

I know it's only a point,but the overall performance against a quality side, even down to ten men, was top notch.

Thought our set up was good from the start, positive attitudes right across the board and a belief we would take something from the game.

Take that level of commitment into every game and we will okay.8)

Mon the Toria!

thought you started well Tombo ... 10 and 7 giving our defence lots of problems but not much in the way of concrete chances. Sending off - very very harsh- should've been capitalised better by you - but I only recall one chance being the goal. After the goal we started playing ... Shelvey making the difference and Burbidge upping the tempo. by the time we got the pen I think we were on top and you finished the happier with the point.  As I say the 10 and 7 will cause some problems and I think you'll have no problems staying up ... although this league is sooooo tight. thanks for the welcome and look forward to seeing you later in the season... although not sure where as we'll need to decant at some point 

Good to get a point on the board yesterday, formation with 2 up front & an extra man in midfield suited us better. Bankies a bit unfortunate with the sending off, thought they looked a decent side.

Sad to see JC on crutches after last weeks horror tackle at Cumbernauld he will be missed!

Much more like it from the lads y'day!

Good post BB, we were definitely happy with the point at the end. You were well on top for a good 10-15 mins before the penalty, and we retreated into our shell after the sending off. You're right we should have forced the play with the extra man but didn't, however like I said happy with the point, which I would have taken before the game. 

For yourselves, Bankies are a class side who will play worse than  they did yesterday and win.

For us it was about the performance and I think our players and fans were happy with what we got.

T

3 hours ago, Geo61 said:

"hopefully no scenes like at the Marrymass Derby"

Think this might be what the previous poster was hinting at. You do seem to like to talk about anything except actual football, but maybe the team you watch every week doesn't play any.............. 

Here's a question for Vics fans who know a bit about the history of the club.  In the 1980s (or maybe it was the 90s) Vics were second in their league cup section with one game to play. As it happened the last game was against the section leaders and a win for Vics would bring them level on points.  However, they were, I think, 11 goals behind on goal difference,  On the night Vics won 6-0 and assumed their opponents had won the section on goal difference.  Later, somebody eventually realised that each goal FOR Vics also counted as a goal AGAINST their opponents and caused a 12 goal turn round.  Vics qualified for the quarter finals.  The question is....  who were their opponents in that game?

Tut tut POITY, inferring that we Vics fans are a bit thick and didn't have a clue about the consequences of the result.:blink:

When your former player and manager, Chris Strain snr, hit the sixth goal, we knew we had won the section.:P

Can't remember if it was that season or next that we got humped by Kilbirnie in the knockout game. If you speak to Forbes Brown, he should be able to help you out.

T

11 hours ago, Geo61 said:

Dry your eyes T should be a good game mate hope we're talking about the football after this game

Geordie, I am still greeting after yesterday's results for both teams.:thumbsdown. Not one replay between them,how dare they win their respective Scottish ties at the first attempt! Inconsiderate b@$#?*ds.:1eye:P

I booked a weekend away the night before the fixtures for the 1st October got posted, so gonna miss this week's game. Gutted :(

T

51 minutes ago, tombo said:

Tut tut POITY, inferring that we Vics fans are a bit thick and didn't have a clue about the consequences of the result.:blink:

When your former player and manager, Chris Strain snr, hit the sixth goal, we knew we had won the section.:P

Can't remember if it was that season or next that we got humped by Kilbirnie in the knockout game. If you speak to Forbes Brown, he should be able to help you out.

T

Thanks, Tombo ... but who were Vics playing???  That's what I need to know. (And no inferences intended).

Archived