Central District 1st Div ... 2016/17

tambothejambo

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Candy re-signed 99% of the squad who finished last season.

We started last year with a squad of 21, with 5 leaving over the piece and 3 coming in.

This summer we have signed up Keiran Daw from Petershill, John Carter from Rob Roy and Connor O'Boyle from Queens Park, whilst Darryl Naismith has decided to go back to Under 21s.

So sitting just now at 22 again, but I get a feeling we're still looking for another 1 or 2...possibly a couple of bodies may move on as a result, I don't know.

I'd say we're definitely stronger, which in fairness we'd need to be if we want to challenge. Away from home we need to be better defensively and in terms of discipline. Red cards cost us so many points I felt.

Should be a good league again. Without knowing the teams coming down, I'd say Thorniewood have a point to prove and Wishaw and Rossvale will be determined to take the next step after getting so close.

• 2 weeks later...
Gow have signed Jonny Grier GK ex-Carluke Rovers. Johnny McStay MC ex-Wishaw.

Need more older seasoned juniors in team, to mount challenge, imo. We shall see what happens, early days.

Has Johnny Grier signed for fauldhouse ?

Who do we think the favorites are for promotion this season?

Would like to take a few games in this season from this league what matches do we think look to be value for money

St rochs and thorniewood have added very well, they're my tip and wishaw won't be far away i reckon

The hint is in the post that you quoted ?

The post I quoted was that he had signed for the gow

Somebody mentioned he had signed for fauldhouse which had confused me as he had supposedly just signed for the gow.

Hence the question

9 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

The post I quoted was that he had signed for the gow

Somebody mentioned he had signed for fauldhouse which had confused me as he had supposedly just signed for the gow.

Hence the question

He'd never signed for The Gow, and when Stevie Findlay was appointed as Fauldhouse Utd manager it was no surprise that Grier went there along with a few others that were at Airdrie at U19 & 20'S level. I'd say that playing in The East Super League may also have had a influence of his decision.

He'd never signed for The Gow, and when Stevie Findlay was appointed as Fauldhouse Utd manager it was no surprise that Grier went there along with a few others that were at Airdrie at U19 & 20'S level. I'd say that playing in The East Super League may also have had a influence of his decision.

According to Gow management he had signed but contracts these days are hardly worth paper they are written on.

Best of luck to him

Forth beaten 6-0 in a friendly against Sauchie .... Ouch !!! [emoji837][emoji836]️[emoji835]️

Wouldn't read anything into that mate still early days regarding games ect. A lot of teams only back a couple of weeks after playing a long season I always find teams start gelling ect last couple of games of the sectionals

Forth had something like 6 trialists in the XI.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived