'Lefties'

DA Baracus

Somewhat to the left but generally find myself infuriated with those on the left. Typically very authoritarian, have unreleastic visions of how Britain should be and feel the need to hate anyone who doesn't share their viewpoint.

Bingo.

There's no more openly intolerant, bigoted and silencing-friendly than swathes of the modern left, often under the 'Progressive' banner.

I still consider myself generally a leftie policy-wise.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo.

There's no more openly intolerant, bigoted and silencing-friendly than swathes of the modern left, often under the 'Progressive' banner.

:lol: Yeah your stated views on women are particularly enlightened, progressive and inclusive!

I was an active member of the Labour Party for 20 years from the mid seventies. At that time it seemed to be the only vehicle for progressive, left-of-centre policies but it was a case of continually swimming against the tide. Kinnock in particular was a traitor to his class; his fight against the Trots was justified but he the sided with the right-wing to oppose any mainstream left-wing position in pursuit of electoral gain. It then became apparent, along with his missus, that he was only interested in feathering his own nest.

When the party eventually chose Blair as leader I realised that it was not going to be a party for positive change any time in the near future and I left, as did many others.

I tend to think of the likes of Ad Lib as 'sensible' but his views on bombing random countries, getting burglars out your home and immigration, to name but three issues, are very different from my views. I take it I am not a neo-liberal.

1. The countries I advocate military action against are not "random".

2. I still can't quite believe that people think that "STRONGLY ADVISE" was a genuine position, rather than a piss take.

1. The countries I advocate military action against are not "random".

2. I still can't quite believe that people think that "STRONGLY ADVISE" was a genuine position, rather than a piss take.

1. I recall, the countries you feel we should bomb are ones that won't fight back. The likes of Russia can pretty much do what they like, but if those bloody Iraqis or the likes start anything, then we'll put them back in their box quick style.

2. Feel free to clarify your views on how to get rid of a gang of burglars in the home.

1. I recall, the countries you feel we should bomb are ones that won't fight back. The likes of Russia can pretty much do what they like, but if those bloody Iraqis or the likes start anything, then we'll put them back in their box quick style.

2. Feel free to clarify your views on how to get rid of a gang of burglars in the home.

1. No, I'd have initiated military force against Russia for their actions in Ukraine.

2. Any means necessary short of killing them unless they pose an immediate threat to your life. Or as we currently know it, the law of self-defence in relation to murder.

1. No, I'd have initiated military force against Russia for their actions in Ukraine.

2. Any means necessary short of killing them unless they pose an immediate threat to your life. Or as we currently know it, the law of self-defence in relation to murder.

1. Would you just bomb them a bit from the air, or are we going to try and win a war against them?

2. Your position appears to have hardened somewhat on burglars. I preferred the idea of you standing at the top of the stairs strongly advising the burglars to leave.

Very, very brave of you but my money would have been on Russia.

Edited for ðŸ˜

He's not going though.

He'll be logged onto pieski and bovrilov boring them into submission.

Whit ?!? Did you back Western support for the illegal coup against a democratically elected President that precipitated it? You would actually have declared war against Russia over Crimea and the Donbass where a majority of the people probably (maybe) supported their intervention? 

Whit ?!? Did you back Western support for the illegal coup against a democratically elected President that precipitated it? You would actually have declared war against Russia over Crimea and the Donbass where a majority of the people probably (maybe) supported their intervention? 

Kremlin propagandist!  :P

1. No, I'd have initiated military force against Russia for their actions in Ukraine.2. Any means necessary short of killing them unless they pose an immediate threat to your life. Or as we currently know it, the law of self-defence in relation to murder.

Top trolling or the stupidest man on the planet. Military action against Russia means ww3 nuclear war and death to everyone in the British Isles.

Imagine they shared the same deluded arrogance and cultural superiority complex that you do and initiated military action against us for illegally invading Iraq. You'll never be a diplomat, you hate other people too much and have extremely warped views.

I can see how inequality of outcome is a good thing by providing an incentive for individuals to work hard and contribute to the advancement of society. But I think that people should see themselves as part of a community and that should never be lost. Everyone should have commitment to looking after society as a whole.

I believe that anybody willing to show up and work a full time job should have enough money to raise a family, with a bit left over after the basic stuff you'd expect to have as an American. Beyond that people should advance based on their merit and morals. I believe that people who prove unwilling to work should be kept at a level of survival, but not much more. I believe that we should structure our government policy towards promoting that ideal.

The system is rigged, and has been for hundreds of years.

I disagree. I think the overall US system has gone through cycles where government policy favors the rich then back to a policy that more favors the working / middle class. The Clinton/Bush/Obama years have been rigged to promote economic growth at the top on Wall St. and produce stagnation for the working / middle class on Main St. Trump says he will change that. Hillary will produce more of the same.

I don't recall many posters - other than the dear departed Reynard - using leftie, lefty or leftard as an insult. Name and shame.

Bingo.

Archived