'Lefties'

DA Baracus

I've seen an increasing number of posters try and make out that all those of a 'left' leaning are somehow the same and use this as insult. Admittedly this is mainly from deeply cretinous posters, but I do wonder what the rest of the P&B believe.

So...are you a 'leftie'? I consider each issue on it's merits, as I imagine the majority on here do. The majority of my views would be considered 'left', and indeed some would be considered 'far left' (e.g. my views on immigration).

So it seems I am apparently a 'leftie'. In a bit of a hypocritical twist, given what I wrote in the first paragraph, I consider 'right wing' to be an insult, and indeed think the vast majority of right wing people are bitter, twisted, small minded, insular, selfish, scared little arseholes, many of whom are horrible bigots and racists (although not all I must add).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When ever someone says "the left" are doing or have done something, as though a notoriously heterogeneous political ideology is all of one mind, you can usually discount that person as a reactionary idiot.

I'm right wing, hug that touch line and whip a cross in with my good foot.

I don't consider left-wing as an insult, like the OP, I consider every argument on it's merit.

There seems to be a certain mindset however, that the further up the political ladder you become, (L&R), the more selfish you become. I think this applies more to the right as (generally) they have been brought up to think of themselves as better than others (Bullingdon club a perfect example).

I do despair sometimes at the PC left where everything is seen as an insult to a certain group despite the fact it will benefit society in general.

I'm happy & content to be perceived as left wing as to me, it means a greater connection with ALL in society rather than the chosen few.

I do despair sometimes at the PC left where everything is seen as an insult to a certain group despite the fact it will benefit society in general.

I don't understand why people still don't get that the 'PC culture' is driven solely by trying to avoid litigation. All the 'PC culture' is is a defence against being sued by some opportunistic tosser or group of tossers.

I don't understand why people still don't get that the 'PC culture' is driven solely by trying to avoid litigation. All the 'PC culture' is is a defence against being sued by some opportunistic tosser or group of tossers.

I disagree, although certainly that's part of it.

But there are people out there who are dying to be offended and start groups to resist the perceived persecution, although no persecution exists.

They are not part of a group that could possibly bring litigation against another group or individual.

I present "mumsnet"

Worth noting that political parties such as Labour and the SNP aspire to be thought of as centre left or left wing. Can't say the left aspire to be thought of as right wing although I'm sure Peter Hitchens would disagree about that with regards to David Cameron.

The kind of people that would use the word leftie probably think I am one.

Everyone else thinks I'm a neoliberal shill.

I think you're a c**t.

I'm politically on the left, a position I've held from in first took an interest in politics in my mid teens. I've probably modified my thoughts on a number of issues but I believe left politics is grounded in the idea of social justice and the belief that there are those more than happy to use their wealth and position of power to exploit others.

I abhor the idea of politics driven by entitlement and personal greed regardless of the impact on others.

I consider myself to be left wing and don't understand why people from the left are pro EU. They cite workers rights and reform it from within but if you look deeper it's turning into a superstate and countries are giving up their sovereignty and being ruled by it.

I'm a lefty but I'm on the relative right of the left so I manage to get criticised for being on the left and on the right depending on who I am speaking to. Sometimes on the same day.

No one on the right wing of today's Labour Party is a leftie.

No one who holds Tony Blair as some sort of personal hero is a leftie.

Archived