Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, fitbaw knows anaw noo said:

"Its all going quiet over there"

Not much to shout about after yesterday's result at Dalry,mate.Your'e right about teams trying different formations,new players,trialists,etc.,in the Ardagh,& that's the case with Buffs at the moment.We've lost a few players from last season,& I feel the new guys that we've brought in are still 'finding their feet' within the team.We're a couple of weeks behind in terms of matches played & being 'up to speed',after the turmoil at the end of last season.Still.......everyone at Buffs are looking forward to the new season in the West Premier!!!

Most excitement at Dalry yesterday was meeting Fabi at the Pie Cabin and on observing him indulging in his Sports Diet of a Hot Dog with Onions & Ketchup I asked if he was still at Saltcoats Vics.  Apparently FABI'S RETIRED !!!!!    He's playing Friday Night football with Branco & other retirees.   I offered his services to Gavin Friel and he grinned and muttered, "  too f'''n old."  I think he meant Fabi.    Buffs still finding their way but really need to get a grip with their discipline before it becomes a set pattern.   Great back line set-up for Dalry with Chris McGowan dominant and commanding in Central Defence,  Buffs without Isaac, Martyn or McGowan always seem to be fighting for control.  Definitely missing McGowan.

Most excitement at Dalry yesterday was meeting Fabi at the Pie Cabin and on observing him indulging in his Sports Diet of a Hot Dog with Onions & Ketchup I asked if he was still at Saltcoats Vics.  Apparently FABI'S RETIRED !!!!!    He's playing Friday Night football with Branco & other retirees.   I offered his services to Gavin Friel and he grinned and muttered, "  too f'''n old."  I think he meant Fabi.    Buffs still finding their way but really need to get a grip with their discipline before it becomes a set pattern.   Great back line set-up for Dalry with Chris McGowan dominant and commanding in Central Defence,  Buffs without Isaac, Martyn or McGowan always seem to be fighting for control.  Definitely missing McGowan.

Ha cheers Marlowe! Buffs did look off the pace but speaking to some of the guys they haven't had much of s pre season due to the end of season turmoil. I'm sure they'll be back to their attacking exciting football before long!
Must mention Dalry , hats of to Friels, he's done a good bit of business in the summer and added good experience to his young squad, something I always thought they were lacking in recent years, and I reckon on that performance they'll cause quite a few upsets this season!

Poor today. In over 40 years think that is the worst defeat I have ever witnessed. All very well saying you are using this competition as your preseason, but the league starts next week, we haven't won a game and have shipped a load of goals. Players don't look fit. To lose 9 goals to a team we were on a par with last season, doesn't bode well.

Away at Hurlford next week. Hope there's a miracle improvement.
Haven't watched any of the Ardagh cup ties because just like the manager (and the players it would seem!!) it is meaningless - or so we are told.
But there must be real concern that the team's morale is not at its best?

What a gubbing, what happening, watched kilwinning a lot last year, but take a deep breath buffs supporters, watched them well beaten early doors by kilbirnie last season, and they went on and upwards, don't know if there were any sending offs, or dressing room bust ups, but i will be at hurlford shouting them on. They are always worth a watch.

The semi final ties against us were tight last year so never saw that whooping coming. You guys have lost your best player in the tall skinny lad up top who was a absolute cracker at junior level. Still 9 v1 mental scoreline.

Poor today. In over 40 years think that is the worst defeat I have ever witnessed. All very well saying you are using this competition as your preseason, but the league starts next week, we haven't won a game and have shipped a load of goals. Players don't look fit. To lose 9 goals to a team we were on a par with last season, doesn't bode well.

Having no way to sign players for 3 weeks after the season ended meant Buffs were always going to struggle. Missed out on targets and lost good players due to that. Hope you don't blame Strain as not his fault at all in my opinion.

Going to be a hard start to season next week,not sure club should be charging full price for league cup,if they're treating it like friendlies.

We are really short on numbers,hopefully Chris has one or two players on the radar,but that needs to happen soon,our fitness looked very poor yesterday.

onwards and upwards

11 hours ago, kenny131 said:

The semi final ties against us were tight last year so never saw that whooping coming. You guys have lost your best player in the tall skinny lad up top who was a absolute cracker at junior level. Still 9 v1 mental scoreline.

The tall skinny lad you're talking about,Kenny,is Ross Stewart.He signed for Albion Rovers close season,& ironically,he scored twice for them yesterday,away to Peterhead!

Archived