Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, lineo said:

It's maybe something to do with the fact strain is a knob and the players ain't playing for him which is so obvious a blind man can see it. Just look at your results so far. :thumbsdown

He managed to get the team promoted in two successive seasons (and was only relegated from the Super First prior to that because of an admin error).  He also managed to get the team to a Scottish Semi.  A hard-to-like character on the pitch and at the sidelines at times, but it's a bit of a leap of faith to suggest that the same players who performed miracles for him last season are now downing tools.  He hasn't changed that much.

Since the start of the ardagh yous have played 8. W_0 D_2 L6. That's sacking material. Plus if you add in the dodgy form at the end of last season where yous nearly blew it well there's big problems there. Maybe the old committee were right? 

15 minutes ago, lineo said:

Why are the results so bad? As you said it's mostly the same player's as last year. If you go back to last year that team wouldn't have been beat 9_0. 

Aside from the Ardagh Cup matches, which due to unforeseen circumstances the players weren't remotely ready for, the results haven't been catastrophic.

Losing 2-0 away to Hurlford is pretty much par for the course for most teams.

There then followed a 1-1 draw at home against a Glenafton side who comfortably beat Kilbirnie yesterday.

And then a 2-1 defeat at home to Kirkintilloch Rob Roy when they might well have been unfortunate not to get a point.

It's early days and 1/9 points isn't great, but there are only 5 unbeaten teams in the league and Kilwinning have played three of them.  And there are 5 teams who have conceded more goals.

14 hours ago, rednblack said:

Thank you for clearing that up.
regards dipstick.

Hope ur right about kilwinning improving! Still think they need strengthening, a few good strikers in Ayrshire top "amateurs" sad fact is that most top juniors can't match their wages.

1 hour ago, djorkiev said:

Hope ur right about kilwinning improving! Still think they need strengthening, a few good strikers in Ayrshire top "amateurs" sad fact is that most top juniors can't match their wages.

Agreed djorkiev,about Buffs need stregnthening! The squad lacks depth & quality to sustain their place in the Premier League. Adam Strain is a good "shot stopper",& although he did well to save the penalty yesterday,& palmed the ball away from the feet of the KRR striker that was 'rounding' him,we need another 'keeper. We also need a good,commanding,central defender,imo. We miss the likes of Chris "Gowser" McGowan,but at 37 years old,it was probably right to let him go. Martyn Campbell's fitness to play every week,is questionable & Tommy Maitland is better in mid-field, imo. We need a quality left back,as Barry Fleeting is also "getting on a bit". I think we are pretty good in the middle of the park,with the afore mentioned Mitland, Ricky Hanvey, & Liam McGuinness,with Ryan Clark on loan from Dumbarton.  A proven,regular goal scorer in the striker position is a definite must! Cashy has been a fantastic servant to the Buffs,but looks out of sorts now at this level,& Bryan Boylan just isn't prolific enough.He chases every ball,but doesn't score consistantly enough,imo. "The jury is still out",on new signing Graeme Barbour,as he has yet to score,& has still to prove himself as a striker. This is only my opinion on the currant squad as I see it,as I attend every Buffs' match....home & away,& I'm sure there will be a few fellow Kilwinning Rangers supporters that probably disagree;& have their own opinions.

31 minutes ago, catakoom said:

How is Jordan Cairney doing is he getting any game time

Jordan Cairney is probably about the best of Buffs' recent signings,imo. Since leaving Morton,& joining us,he has played well for a young lad. Started a few matches in the Ardagh,& has come on as sub.

8 minutes ago, lineo said:

Why has there been a lack of signings?

We Buffs supporters have been askin' the same question,mate! Due to no committee being in place,at the start of the season,to sanction any new signings,I recon. Any first choice/big signing targets were snapped up by rival clubs,& Buffs "missed the boat"! We've brought Calvin Kemp back from Stranraer on loan,a couple of weeks ago.

Jordan Cairney is probably about the best of Buffs' recent signings,imo. Since leaving Morton,& joining us,he has played well for a young lad. Started a few matches in the Ardagh,& has come on as sub.

Cheers for that , and i am sure he will be a good signing for you as he is a very hard working and talented footballer who hates getting beat [emoji4]

3 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Agreed djorkiev,about Buffs need stregnthening! The squad lacks depth & quality to sustain their place in the Premier League. Adam Strain is a good "shot stopper",& although he did well to save the penalty yesterday,& palmed the ball away from the feet of the KRR striker that was 'rounding' him,we need another 'keeper. We also need a good,commanding,central defender,imo. We miss the likes of Chris "Gowser" McGowan,but at 37 years old,it was probably right to let him go. Martyn Campbell's fitness to play every week,is questionable & Tommy Maitland is better in mid-field, imo. We need a quality left back,as Barry Fleeting is also "getting on a bit". I think we are pretty good in the middle of the park,with the afore mentioned Mitland, Ricky Hanvey, & Liam McGuinness,with Ryan Clark on loan from Dumbarton.  A proven,regular goal scorer in the striker position is a definite must! Cashy has been a fantastic servant to the Buffs,but looks out of sorts now at this level,& Bryan Boylan just isn't prolific enough.He chases every ball,but doesn't score consistantly enough,imo. "The jury is still out",on new signing Graeme Barbour,as he has yet to score,& has still to prove himself as a striker. This is only my opinion on the currant squad as I see it,as I attend every Buffs' match....home & away,& I'm sure there will be a few fellow Kilwinning Rangers supporters that probably disagree;& have their own opinions.

Agree with all of this. Starting late on the signing front seems to have hindered us. The players need a bit more self belief, they aren't to far away. A centre back and a striker still needed IMHO.

Just my opinion mate. How come he can't sign any experienced players? I understand yous are playing catch-up on the  signing side of things but plenty of premier league teams have signed players since Chris was reinstated as manager. Plenty of money at kilwinning to buy them. Kilwinning is a big club and players would jump at the chance to play for yous. It's only my opinion but I hope yous get things sorted soon. I've always enjoyed my visits there.

Aside from the Ardagh Cup matches, which due to unforeseen circumstances the players weren't remotely ready for, the results haven't been catastrophic.

Losing 2-0 away to Hurlford is pretty much par for the course for most teams.

There then followed a 1-1 draw at home against a Glenafton side who comfortably beat Kilbirnie yesterday.

And then a 2-1 defeat at home to Kirkintilloch Rob Roy when they might well have been unfortunate not to get a point.

It's early days and 1/9 points isn't great, but there are only 5 unbeaten teams in the league and Kilwinning have played three of them.  And there are 5 teams who have conceded more goals.

This a very fair assessment of the situation,for what ever reason we also don't seem to have the same energy about our play as last season.
As for wanting to bring players in,maybe this can't happen because Chris is at the top end of his budget ?

Archived