Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/08/2016 at 12:04, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

The tall skinny lad you're talking about,Kenny,is Ross Stewart.He signed for Albion Rovers close season,& ironically,he scored twice for them yesterday,away to Peterhead!

Smashing player, withe the right attitude who knows where he can end up

I'll post since nobody from Kilwinning seems interested, the game was competitive second half, poor first half,no shape, left side totally disorganised, brought on two of the mainstays from last season Kerr & Lewis and from then on they bossed the game, manager cock up , where were Maitland and Hanvey today? still enjoyed the game, will come down to abbey park next week, 

19 minutes ago, eamonn said:

do you think the Buffs assistant manager leaving has been a negative impact on the Buffs ?

Can't comment on that , first time I've watched them this season, good watch last season and this season lanark might be dark horses, wish buffs well!

I'll post since nobody from Kilwinning seems interested, the game was competitive second half, poor first half,no shape, left side totally disorganised, brought on two of the mainstays from last season Kerr & Lewis and from then on they bossed the game, manager cock up , where were Maitland and Hanvey today? still enjoyed the game, will come down to abbey park next week, 

Fair assessment of the game. Don't know about Maitland, but I believe Hanvey was serving the last match of his suspension.

Certainly an improvement on last week. Looked more solid at the back with Campbell there and thought Coleman played well. Agree the left side is a problem, could definitely do with a new left back.

New boy in the middle of the park, Ryan Clark appears to have signed from Dumbarton, did well for his first game.

If Buffs could have got a goal it would have made it interesting. They were certainly the better team in the second half and more than held their own against a team who are classed as favourites for the league.

Good Buffs support today who probably outnumbered the home support.

Hurlford (as so often last season) should have been out of sight at HT, but squandered numerous chances. I'm not sure if the Buffs left side was poor our just dismantled by some excellent combination play from the home side.

Buffs definitely looked better second half and had a few good opportunities to make it interesting, but shot straight at the home keeper at least four times. Over the piece I would say Hurlford deserved the points, but KR were competitive.

Kilwinning Rangers open/fun day

A thoroughly enjoyable day was had by all! Weather stayed kind for the great number of fans of all ages,that turned up to show their support.The new Buff's home strip was officially 'launched',& there was plenty of fun & games for the kids.They could also meet the Buffs players.Well done lads for taking the time to mix & chat with everyone! The 'throwing of the wet sponge' stall proved very popular,with Chris Strain being a favourite target! It was hilarious when a couple of the guys crept up behind him,& emptied a huge bucket of freezing water over him! Chris took it all very well,to be fair. The kid's face painting was also popular,as was the snack bar.Plenty of burgers,hot dogs,& the like sold really well.Special thanks must be given to the Fire Service,who gave up their time to turn up in a fire engine,which all kids big & small,clambered over! The prize giving was held in the bar area,where last season's players of the year were awarded. Chris Strain did an excellent job of MC, & Tommy Maitland was voted "Player Of The Year".The day was a great success,& i'm sure everyone at Kilwinning Rangers would like to thank everyone for their continued support. Well done Chris,the team,all staff,& volunteers at Abbey Park, for making it a great day!

On 28/08/2016 at 09:40, The viper said:

New boy in the middle of the park, Ryan Clark appears to have signed from Dumbarton, did well for his first game.

We're really hoping that Ryan learns a lot this year and comes back pushing for a starting place so I'll be keeping an eye on him.  He's looked okay for us in his short appearances but he's just getting back from two horrific injuries so it may take him some time to get up to speed. Are you guys in need of a striker?  We've got Donald McCallum who is crying out for games and he won't get them with us, I'd have thought a loan move to a team like Buffs would be perfect for him.

We're really hoping that Ryan learns a lot this year and comes back pushing for a starting place so I'll be keeping an eye on him.  He's looked okay for us in his short appearances but he's just getting back from two horrific injuries so it may take him some time to get up to speed. Are you guys in need of a striker?  We've got Donald McCallum who is crying out for games and he won't get them with us, I'd have thought a loan move to a team like Buffs would be perfect for him.

Is he any good? Kilwinning lack a good forward. Cashmore is one of the best finishers in the Juniors but is getting on a bit and Boylan isn't a good enough goalscorer to be the main man.

22 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Is he any good? Kilwinning lack a good forward. Cashmore is one of the best finishers in the Juniors but is getting on a bit and Boylan isn't a good enough goalscorer to be the main man.

I like Donald a lot, yes. I think his build has held him back, he really is built like the side of a fiver and pretty small, so his chances have been limited with us but his goals to minute ratio is pretty ridiculous for a young lad who's barely played a full 90 minutes. IMO he needs to go out on loan or he risks wasting his career away.

• 2 weeks later...

Buffs supporters why no feedback? decent performance over the 90, thought they deserved a point, kerr  lost the centre then goal, still a he's a young player he'll learn! Where is ex Ayr man Campbell Thought Glens were a better team last week,

subs were a mystery, maybe Agnew was injured, always be in my 11,  not enough threat up front,  its a wee bit disconcerting that the new  summer signings were on the bench, Kilwiining are only 3 or 4 players short of being up among the top dogs in my opinion, Largs is too far next week, either Lanark or Blantyre next week,wish them well.

Thought glens were better team than who? Rob Roy or buff's?

Good win for us 9 in a row beat a lot of good sides, proved we are a good team.

Glad to get that game out the way at Abbey park as the buff's will only improve as season goes on.

12 hours ago, djorkiev said:

Buffs supporters why no feedback? decent performance over the 90, thought they deserved a point, kerr  lost the centre then goal, still a he's a young player he'll learn! Where is ex Ayr man Campbell Thought Glens were a better team last week,

subs were a mystery, maybe Agnew was injured, always be in my 11,  not enough threat up front,  its a wee bit disconcerting that the new  summer signings were on the bench, Kilwiining are only 3 or 4 players short of being up among the top dogs in my opinion, Largs is too far next week, either Lanark or Blantyre next week,wish them well.

I don't think Agnew has played well since the middle of last season.  He started last season on fire and his form drifted away and hasn't played that well since.

I thought a point would have been a fairer result as well but you can't make mistakes like that against Premier teams.  Last season's league campaign got off to a poor start as well and it ended well.

It was a poor attendance as well.

19 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I don't think Agnew has played well since the middle of last season.  He started last season on fire and his form drifted away and hasn't played that well since.

I thought a point would have been a fairer result as well but you can't make mistakes like that against Premier teams.  Last season's league campaign got off to a poor start as well and it ended well.

It was a poor attendance as well.

Agreed energyzone.The whole team look a shadow of last season,& it's more or less the same players.The new players that were brought in don't have the quality required to compete in the Premier league imo.We've lost that goal threat every time we come forward,that we had last season:& it's not because we're playing "bigger & better" teams now,as we beat some good sides in the Scottish last year! Chris Strain's starting 11,formation choice,& tactics puzzle me at times too.Could it be we're really missing the input from Alan Mahood?.... I don't know but something is definitely lacking so far this season.Yes,we had a poor start to last season,& went on a great unbeaten run.Here's hoping.....

Archived