Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

I don't know the scores in the 1st play off, 1st division team is in blue.EDIT Glenafton won both legs 1v0

06-07 glenafton beat kilwinning 2v0
07-08 cumnock beat kilwinning 5v2
08-09 lanark beat glenafton 3v2
09-10 lanark beat clydebank 3v2
10-11 petershill beat glenafton 1v0
11-12 pollok beat renfrew 5v1
12-13 largs beat ashfield 7v7 4v3 on penalties
13-14 shotts beat kirkintilloch 5v2
14-15 kirkintilloch beat shotts 4v1
15-16 kilwinning beat shettleston 5v3

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/05/2017 at 12:27, Marlowe said:

Why should we win the play-off easily?    Buffs have fought hard for every win or draw, in fact even our losses were hard fought matches.   Clearly ' fighting' is not the only factor, nor is 'luck or chance'.   Skill at playing as a cohesive attacking and defensive team has lessened as the season progressed, much of it surely due to the personnel changes and loss of players ... and 'shooting practice' does not seem to be in the training program.   

I don't think we've played many matches as "a cohesive attacking & defensive team" this season,Marlowe. Certainly not like the team we were this time last season,pushing for promotion! Yes,personnel changes,& inconsistency of team selection,hasn't helped either!  Buffs play their best football,with the ball "on the deck".This season,we've been "punting" the high ball up the park in too many matches,imo,one of the worst offenders being 'keeper,Adam Strain.His goalkeeping saves have been excellent,but some of his distribution has been woeful,imo. We've been missing out the midfield with long,high,through balls far too often,making it easy for the opposition's big defenders to "mop up" any attacks. I agree that our shooting must improve too,if we are to keep our place in the top league,where Kilwinning Rangers belong!  

14 hours ago, lokforever said:

I don't know the scores in the 1st play off, 1st division team is in blue.

vfe0ir.jpg

No actual score for 2006-7 play off in SNLR review but Kilwinning must have lost as Cumnock were still a Premier league team in that season and could only have been involved in 2008 by being 3rd bottom of Premier

No actual score for 2006-7 play off in SNLR review but Kilwinning must have lost as Cumnock were still a Premier league team in that season and could only have been involved in 2008 by being 3rd bottom of Premier.

I searched gogle yesterday but couldn't find and score but someone from teams will know

Sam McCloskey has left Stranraer. What's the chances of him signing with Kilwinning? Thought he did ok last night but didn't really stand out.

Can't believe how much Carlo Monti needs talked through a game for a player of his experience.

17 hours ago, CadarnCaddock said:

Local paper today reads Chris Strain has signed a 3 year contract and a transfer listed Issac Kerr looks likely to go to Dalry or Whitletts. Thoughts on both topics ?

Isaac needs to manage his fitness better tbh.

A well deserved win against Pollok,today,guys! Was great to see such a hard working performance from the whole team!......see what we can do when we play the ball "on the deck"? ;)  The play off place looks to be ours now,which means that Premier League survival is in our own hands.A final league match at Talbot comes first,but put in another two performances,like today's,in the play off matches,& we'll be fine! :thumsup2 C'MON THE BUFFS!!

Good luck to Issac, always put in a shift for the Buffs. He's a better player than Whitletts though, no offense to them. Needs to be playing regularly to maintain a sharpness as he is a big lad.

Hopefully Buffs can get a Stevie Swift type player in, somebody who reads the game well and is dominant in the air.

Kerr very honest player nice guy, but as someone said earlier, fitness was his downfall this season,  if that was sorted, he's a player any squad would love to have, good luck and  hopefully success big yin (excluding Buffs games of course).

I see former Buffs' striker,Ross Stewart,has been snapped up by St Mirren,from Albion Rovers! Big Ross had been attracting attention from a few clubs,after scorin' 12 goals for Rovers,in his 1st season. Glad to see the boy gettin' his upwards move,& I've no doubt will flourish with full time football. All the best to the big man,& good luck in his career with "The Buddies"!! :thumsup2

Archived