Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

What's the opinion on being drawn away to Talbot,in the next round of the Scottish? Can we do another 'Kelty',against the favourites? :unsure2:

Commercially (barring a home draw) it's probably the best outcome! In terms of winning the tie it all depends what Buffs team turns up. If it's the one that trumped Kelty then we have every chance of going through. Worth also noting all the pressure is on Talbot.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, CadarnCaddock said:

Commercially (barring a home draw) it's probably the best outcome! In terms of winning the tie it all depends what Buffs team turns up. If it's the one that trumped Kelty then we have every chance of going through. Worth also noting all the pressure is on Talbot.

Agreed,C C. If Buffs turn up with the same 'winning mentality',who knows? Would I accept defeat,& out of the Scottish,in exchange for league survival?.......Hmmmm! :wacko:

37 minutes ago, CadarnCaddock said:

Got to think positive! We are Kil - WINNING......not Kil - LOSING! ;) :thumsup2  C'MON THE BUFFS!!

2 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Agreed,C C. If Buffs turn up with the same 'winning mentality',who knows? Would I accept defeat,& out of the Scottish,in exchange for league survival?.......Hmmmm! :wacko:

Best not to let the opposition know about that "winning mentality"of yours.this is a Scottish cup draw a hope you know! Lol.

22 hours ago, happy said:

Best not to let the opposition know about that "winning mentality"of yours.this is a Scottish cup draw a hope you know! Lol.

Buffs need to go into the match against Talbot,in the same frame of mind & belief that we can win,as we did at Kelty,happy. As long as Buffs make a good account of ourselves on the day,anything is possible,imo.Talbot at home,& with their cup history,they are still 100% hot favourites! Lookin' forward to the match,bud,& I'm gonna stick a few quid on Buffs again,for another away win. We'll see..... ;) :thumsup2

How's the pitch lookin' for the match tomorrow? Heavy rain is forecast overnight & tomorrow morning.Even with Peter's best efforts,if the pitch is still saturated by previous rainfall,there's a good chance it could be unplayable,come kick off time.

I'd be surprised to be honest, weathers been very kind all week. Forecast was poor last weekend, but it hasn't come to fruition thankfully.

Looking forward to the game!

Just now, Troon Portland said:

I'd be surprised to be honest, weathers been very kind all week. Forecast was poor last weekend, but it hasn't come to fruition thankfully.

Looking forward to the game!

Yeah,me too mate! With a lot at stake,for both teams,it should be like a cup tie! :) No harm to Troon,but.......C'MON THE BUFFS!! :thumsup2

Good result for The Buffs, won quite comfortably in the end. Troon did look pretty poor, and not looking good for them, surely they must have better than Keenan, who was diabolical and looked fat and unfit.

1 hour ago, The viper said:

Good result for The Buffs, won quite comfortably in the end. Troon did look pretty poor, and not looking good for them, surely they must have better than Keenan, who was diabolical and looked fat and unfit.

Totally agree,viper! Buffs could & should have won by more than 3,tbh. Hogg missing a sitter,to put us 3 up just before half time! Don't think Adam Strain had a save to make,either! Troon couldn't take the 2 or 3 real chances that they had,the whole game.They didn't look as 'up for it' as Buffs,& Keenan was their worst player,imo.Just as well they sub'ed him,or he probably would've been shown a 2nd yellow card,before being sent off! Well,that's Buffs got their foot on the 1st rung of the 8 league match ladder to safety,& with Largs n' Kilbirnie both losing today! Keep grinding out results,like today,& we MIGHT just make it! :thumsup2 C'MON THE BUFFS!!

2 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Totally agree,viper! Buffs could & should have won by more than 3,tbh. Hogg missing a sitter,to put us 3 up just before half time! Don't think Adam Strain had a save to make,either! Troon couldn't take the 2 or 3 real chances that they had,the whole game.They didn't look as 'up for it' as Buffs,& Keenan was their worst player,imo.Just as well they sub'ed him,or he probably would've been shown a 2nd yellow card,before being sent off! Well,that's Buffs got their foot on the 1st rung of the 8 league match ladder to safety,& with Largs n' Kilbirnie both losing today! Keep grinding out results,like today,& we MIGHT just make it! :thumsup2 C'MON THE BUFFS!!

Totally agree about Keenan the other week when Troon beat Glenafton he was embarrasing pack it in Deano.

I see,on the back page of the football pull-out,of today's Sunday Post,that our former striker,now at Albion Rovers,Ross Stewart is attracting the attention of both,Kilmarnock & English League 1 Chesterfield. Good luck to the big man! I'm sure he can step up & make the grade! :thumsup2

I see,on the back page of the football pull-out,of today's Sunday Post,that our former striker,now at Albion Rovers,Ross Stewart is attracting the attention of both,Kilmarnock & English League 1 Chesterfield. Good luck to the big man! I'm sure he can step up & make the grade! :thumsup2

When Ross left I believe we agreed a 10% sell on clause, that could be a nice boost for the buffs coffers.

I can't imagine Kilmarnock would pay a fee for anyone these days, even after selling Coulibaly (if we actually got the cash for him in the first place).

13 hours ago, CadarnCaddock said:

When Ross left I believe we agreed a 10% sell on clause, that could be a nice boost for the buffs coffers.

I think you're right CC. I believe that a 10% sell on clause was agreed,but as energyzone points out,I don't know for sure either, if Albion Rovers paid anythin' to Buffs for big Ross! I posted a wee while back,that Ross was doing well at Rovers,& a little surprised that a team from a higher league never came in for him,in the January window. I think he's scored about 10 goals for Rovers,so far this season! :thumsup2

8 hours ago, energyzone said:

I can't imagine Kilmarnock would pay a fee for anyone these days, even after selling Coulibaly (if we actually got the cash for him in the first place).

I recon Killie (or even chesterfield) would have to pay somethin' to Albion Rovers for big Ross,energyzone. Even if it's say £20k or £30k (Albion might value him higher),then Buffs would obviously get £2 or £3k,if the 10% sell on fee was agreed with Albion.Still a nice wee 'windfall' for Buffs,n' not to be sniffed at,eh? :thumsup2

I think you're right CC. I believe that a 10% sell on clause was agreed,but as energyzone points out,I don't know for sure either, if Albion Rovers paid anythin' to Buffs for big Ross! I posted a wee while back,that Ross was doing well at Rovers,& a little surprised that a team from a higher league never came in for him,in the January window. I think he's scored about 10 goals for Rovers,so far this season! :thumsup2

I was at the supporters meeting when this was discussed and I recall the fee paid for Ross as £1500 and we definitely agreed a 10% sell on.

Archived