Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Says it all when all a Bo'ness fan has to be excited about is kelty going out the Scottish with a whimper.
Missed out the midfield on a day when Kilwinning centre halfs were quite happy to deal with long balls. Paid the price because of it, an off day and the guys will bounce back, don't get off days in the Scottish, hence why it's the hardest trophy to win.

Well that's just nonsense. I've a lot to be excited about. My team won 7-0, with 7 different scorers. I've ordered a curry and have beer in the fridge. Can't wait!

Hard lines about the K£lty result though. Maybe a few more ££££ and maybe next year.

20 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Maybe the golden goose will pump a load of money into your squad so you can catch Bonnyrigg and Kelty. Everyone knows Bo'ne$$ are funded by a sugar daddy...

You are absolutely talking pish. We are not funded by AMcG but by the hard work of the committee and the main sponsors as advertised on the home and away strips, local business's advertising boards, treasure chest and a supporters club, no sugar daddy. The manager wheels and deals to bring in players. You are lucky to have the current sponsors throwing money around but unless you have the ambition to move into the Lowland league this method of financing maybe will end in tears. The ROI in a Junior club is zilch. I admire your ambition but you have to have a sustainable business plan.  

Just to add he has managed or been involved with us since 2009 with no financial input.

So kelty have a committed main sponsor, many other local businesses sponsoring the club, a hard working committee, a successful social club, btg draw, crowds on the up etc yet are supposedly buying success compared to your club. Looks like both have the same business plan, apart from one is forward thinking and the other is stuck in the past.

13 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

So kelty have a committed main sponsor, many other local businesses sponsoring the club, a hard working committee, a successful social club, btg draw, crowds on the up etc yet are supposedly buying success compared to your club. Looks like both have the same business plan, apart from one is forward thinking and the other is stuck in the past.

Pipedreamer?

8 minutes ago, Darren Ronosy said:

Brilliant from the buffs! Disappointed with kelty though, they were hyped up to be a good team and I was excited to see them but ultimately they disappointed me. A deserved victory for Kilwinning rangers, hopefully they replicate that performance in their remaining league games.

Maybe being unfair on Kelty,mate.They ARE a good team......their results this season speak for themselves.Buffs had a game plan,& Kelty couldn't really deal with us.Great result,& yes,totally agree about carrying today's performance into our league matches! Anyhow,it's great to be still challenging in BOTH cup competitions! C'MON THE BUFFS!

Great result today from Buffs. Credit to Chris and his team in the way they went about their game plan hope the guys can rally on from this and start gaining points in the league.
Thought the referee was card happy today wasn't a dirty game and there was several yellow cards and a couple of reds.
Top facilities at Kelty and your warm welcome was very appreciated. All the best for the rest of the season.

Kelty style of play today, keeper to centre half to other centre half back to keeper, boot up the park. Buffs stuck to a shape that suited them to play against it (including a keeper on one leg) and got the deserved result. Many positives, especially with players struggling with injury, hopefully take this to the league.

Also, referee, too hasty on yellow cards made a rod for his own back

Pretty much all the yellows were deserved, some needless mouthing off was rightly punished,ref controlled the game very well.

Kelty were well of the pace, Kilwinning won every 2nd ball and were ready to pounce on kelty mistakes. Impressed by your no. 9, constantly putting himself in the right positions to cause trouble.

Archived