Rangers vs Hamilton

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a frustrating game, but it's possible to see where things can settle down for improvement and such.

Barton was continually dropping too deep to collect the ball in the Burnley game and I could see it happening again today.  Combined with this, Kranjcar looks a good few games from being close to sharp.  Similarly, not sure about Hill's distribution from the back which I think contributed to some of our difficulties in midfield.  I'd hoped things would pull together for today, but Hamilton looked good and all that.

Forrester looks like he's back on form and Rossiter looks a player.

I would've went for O' Halloran to start in place of Miller with Waghorn going into the centre, and Rossiter in place of Kranjcar but the starting 11 seemed fair enough.

Fingers crossed for Waghorn, not sure what happened tbh.

Disappointing start today, particularly first half, we almost looked a little nervous, when I expected us to be out of the traps straight off. Wasn't convinced about signing Barton (perhaps due to his previous stuff) but he's clearly going to be important to us this season. Started to click second half with the introduction of Forrester, we're going to need a bit more pace and purpose to get past much better defences than last season. Plenty of possession without penetration just isn't going to worry teams coming to Ibrox. Halliday, Miller & Waghorn all out of sorts today, Clint Hill isn't the addition we need at the back either. Sounds like a good moan, but we can and will play much better than that. Accies were solid, deserved their point and scored what looked like a peach.

11 minutes ago, Romeo said:

This seems to be the party line.

He's shite, too old and done.

Nah, I think he'll be good.  

He looked unfit during League Cup, and now seems a bit heavy in the legs but that's to be expected.  I reckon he'll be in peak fitness around about first weeks of September ;)

This is fucking brilliant. Sevconians moaning about how they they will come good after today.  Martin Canning was prob bookies fav for the 1st man to get the sack. Outwitted the magic hat big time. How long before the bigoted masses turn on him. Next Sevco manager ?

Jimmy Calderwood?

Just a wee explanation to the hard of thinking.

The man of the match announced at the game is whom the sponser thinks was the best home player. The man of the match is the best player on the park.

If you think Barton was the best player on the park, you know nothing about football. Barton was nutmegged by a player who was head and shoulders above him.

I've wondered if the 'sublime' football Rangers fans claim to witness was an exaggeration due them watching garbage for a few years, time will tell.

Just a wee explanation to the hard of thinking.

The man of the match announced at the game is whom the sponser thinks was the best home player. The man of the match is the best player on the park.

If you think Barton was the best player on the park, you know nothing about football. Barton was nutmegged by a player who was head and shoulders above him.

I've wondered if the 'sublime' football Rangers fans claim to witness was an exaggeration due them watching garbage for a few years, time will tell.

The sponsors have normally been rattling the hospitality for a few hours before making their decision.
Everyone must have heard a MotM announced at a game and think wtf?

2 minutes ago, mjw said:

The sponsors have normally been rattling the hospitality for a few hours before making their decision.
Everyone must have heard a MotM announced at a game and think wtf?

Yes, that's generally how it works.

Often, they have little interest in football and go with the player they've heard of.  Sky tend to adopt a similar policy.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that's generally how it works.

Often, they have little interest in football and go with the player they've heard of.  Sky tend to adopt a similar policy.

Admittedly I didnt watch the game, but could just be a case of Sky looking for an excuse to interview Barton and ask him the usual Rangers guff. The producers would have flipped the lid if they gave it to an Accies player and had to spend the post match interviews talking about a team other than one of the ugly sisters.

https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM/videos/vb.238285906195051/1237187186304913/?type=2&theater

Right, the plan is for every opposing team this season to nutmeg Joey Barton (if he's playing) and for someone who's good at these things to make a compilation DVD we can all buy at the end of the season with the money going to charity.

This is fucking brilliant. Sevconians moaning about how they they will come good after today.  Martin Canning was prob bookies fav for the 1st man to get the sack. Outwitted the magic hat big time. How long before the bigoted masses turn on him. Next Sevco manager ?
Jimmy Calderwood?

We can and will play better than we did today, that's not to take anything away from the Accies, they deserved what they came away with. What's your problem? There isn't one! Warburton wasn't at fault today, too many in the side just simply didn't turn up. Hardly outwitted though, given the amount of possession and majority of chances created.
The obsessive Rangers hating hordes will continue to swamp every match thread this season when we drop points. Nothing changes eh!?

Archived