Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonnyrigg were superb today. Anyone at the game today who didn't know the teams today would have thought that The Rose were the professional team today. Right from the start, the players ran at Dumbarton and it was such a shame that they didn't win in 90 minutes. Thought Lewis Turner was man of the match today - he had a great game. Good luck in the replay.

Indeed Wingnut, especially when Dumbarton had a good chance to win with a header in the last minute. Would have been an injustice it it went in, but let's hope that your team play as well a week on Tuesday, but this time, get a couple of goals. All the best to you!

Bonnyrigg were excellent today and played the better football and with a bit of luck in front of goals could have filled my pockets having taken a chunk of 14/1 on betfair, but they represented the juniors well and proved a good Junior side can give league teams a good game, good luck in the replay lads

Attended today as a neutral. First 25 mins my son and I thought, not unnaturally,  that the team in yellow and black were Dumbarton. We both said the bigger, more athletic team ( in yellow) will eventually overpower their Junior opponents.

We eventually twigged that the incessant chants of " You fat b----D" at the chap in red ( Ryan Stevenson, who behaved impeccably but was anonymous) was not a term of endearment by the home fans.

Bonnyrigg will undoubtedly see this as a missed opportunity. They were the better team throughout. Dumbarton keeper was excellent.

As a follower of a lowly Junior team I was shocked at paying £12 admission but, good luck to the Junior team. I anticipate a crowd of cic a 2000 so a nice earner.

6 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Attended today as a neutral. First 25 mins my son and I thought, not unnaturally,  that the team in yellow and black were Dumbarton. We both said the bigger, more athletic team ( in yellow) will eventually overpower their Junior opponents.

We eventually twigged that the incessant chants of " You fat b----D" at the chap in red ( Ryan Stevenson, who behaved impeccably but was anonymous) was not a term of endearment by the home fans.

Bonnyrigg will undoubtedly see this as a missed opportunity. They were the better team throughout. Dumbarton keeper was excellent.

As a follower of a lowly Junior team I was shocked at paying £12 admission but, good luck to the Junior team. I anticipate a crowd of cic a 2000 so a nice earner.

the crowd was 1552

Bonnyrigg Rose were superb today. In my option we bossed 60/70 mins of the game and had the better of the chances and more promising situations. No one could have argued had we won the game.

Myself and the guys I watched it with commented "how often do the underdogs be the better side then lose on the counter attack or sucker punch" and that didn't happen. That was due to the concentration and professionalism of the Rose.

It was a real delight to see New Dundas Park buzzing and full. Many of my family, some of whom are not around anymore, have supported or helped Bonnyrigg Rose through thick and thin and they were/would have been, very proud of the club today.

The players were superb. Thought the full backs were excellent, Adam was composed as ever in the middle, Kiddo strolled it, Kieran ran them ragged and wee Lewis Turner was superb. My only grumble was they moved Lewis to the left side for the last 5/10 when he was murdering the full back and getting crosses in. Overall, our left back, for me, was the best player on the park and has been every time I've seen him.

I don't know the chairman, Mr Kirkwood personally, however I think he and his committee deserve huge credit for everything they have done for the club, and I hope they enjoy a few drinks tonight. Well done to everyone concerned from the stewards, hospitality, committee, management and players. And the people of Bonnyrigg for coming out to support the club.

My only concern is that having not got the win today we go through on Tuesday and get pumped, that would be really harsh on everyone, but that's the nature of the game. History (2-2 then 6-0!) tells us that the smaller teams only get one chance to win it. I hope I'm wrong.

Credit to Dumbarton for supporting your team throughout.

best of luck to the Rose for the replay!

Bonnyrigg Rose were superb today. In my option we bossed 60/70 mins of the game and had the better of the chances and more promising situations. No one could have argued had we won the game.

Myself and the guys I watched it with commented "how often do the underdogs be the better side then lose on the counter attack or sucker punch" and that didn't happen. That was due to the concentration and professionalism of the Rose.

It was a real delight to see New Dundas Park buzzing and full. Many of my family, some of whom are not around anymore, have supported or helped Bonnyrigg Rose through thick and thin and they were/would have been, very proud of the club today.

The players were superb. Thought the full backs were excellent, Adam was composed as ever in the middle, Kiddo strolled it, Kieran ran them ragged and wee Lewis Turner was superb. My only grumble was they moved Lewis to the left side for the last 5/10 when he was murdering the full back and getting crosses in. Overall, our left back, for me, was the best player on the park and has been every time I've seen him.

I don't know the chairman, Mr Kirkwood personally, however I think he and his committee deserve huge credit for everything they have done for the club, and I hope they enjoy a few drinks tonight. Well done to everyone concerned from the stewards, hospitality, committee, management and players. And the people of Bonnyrigg for coming out to support the club.

My only concern is that having not got the win today we go through on Tuesday and get pumped, that would be really harsh on everyone, but that's the nature of the game. History (2-2 then 6-0!) tells us that the smaller teams only get one chance to win it. I hope I'm wrong.

Credit to Dumbarton for supporting your team throughout.

best of luck to the Rose for the replay!

Fk it mate great read hope you pump them. I'll be rooting for you guys

Archived