Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Glens lad said:

Hope you're in the minority with that kind of language emoji53.png.

Casey, leave that ned in Midlothian please emoji6.png

Definitely no such language from a Musselburgh supporter! Anyway bubble was certainly burst the day against Largs! Thinking of saving yourselves for later in the month?

3 hours ago, Van magic said:

Shambles

So seriously what happened ?

Pitch bone hard and unsafe ?

The weather over the water in Tayport has been glorious all day.

Steven Traynor category 2 development was the ref appointed if relevent.

Traynor+Small.jpg

Park seemed playable. Was heavy in one corner. Ref went about bouncing ball all over park. Only once out of about 30 attempts did the ball not bounce normally. He was passing the ball about the grass, it never held up. Personally i was stunned when the ref hid in the changing rooms and told everyone it was off

Guest Bonnyrigg Vid

Both sets of management and players were happy to get the game on and see how things panned out. Unfortunately the only person who seemed to be adamant the game was not going ahead was the referee and he was not willing to  even entertain at least starting the game or delaying the kick off to see if the situation improved.

Not a drop of rain fell after the decision to cancel the game was made and the sun was shining.

It seems that no thought was given to both sides and the cost incurred to them and the money they will have lost.........but alas the referee's decision (even though you could not find one person in the ground who agreed with him) is final.

Another game being postponed is the last thing Bonnyrigg needed with their already huge backlog of games.

You do wonder what pish is going through the referees head when they make these bizarre decisions.

This one is clearly no half wit as in Mon-Fri world he is a fecking professional manager in a major engineering firm.

He himself having also played football in days when neither rain, snow, wind or frost would put a game off, it is fecking crazy.

I am still unaware of any rule in the book that means a game is off if the ball does not bounce 17.25 inches when dropped from a height of 1.375m.

Leave that to the civil engineer I suppose.

I see this game has been rearranged for next Monday at 6-15. You would have thought Bonnyrigg would have some local games they could have played on Monday instead of a trip to Dundee. 

I see this game has been rearranged for next Monday at 6-15. You would have thought Bonnyrigg would have some local games they could have played on Monday instead of a trip to Dundee. 

No bad game to have before the semi for me

21 hours ago, Van magic said:

No bad game to have before the semi for me

So no implementation of the Linlithgow Rose rule about a game less than 7 days before a Scottish Junior Cup tie? Always thought that was made up anyway!

I think that sets a dangerous president accepting a game that distance away for that kick off time. 

It's not either clubs fault that this 2nd round match has yet to be played. - i attended the draw for the 1st round in JULY! And that's you playing your 1st game in the cup in the middle of april - almost a year since your last match in the comp.

For me praise to both clubs for accepting it. However Bonnyrigg are putting their league challenge in danger with a game 48 hours before. Their EOS cup hopes in danger with this potentially tricky tie with player availability etc and giving their opponent's in the Scottish a big advantage In the 1st leg.

To help the teams who qualify for the big Scottish byes in the 1st round of the regional cups should be given on top of the SJCup. 

Bonnyrigg still have 26 potential games left to play from April to June. Having played 25 (plus the big scottish) from August to April.

Crazy. Teams that do well and promote the game in the Big Scottish should be helped not sent to Dundee on a Monday night.

Archived