Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to do with the slope we were rubbish and the rose are a long ball side a decent long ball side contrary to what one Roy fan said that's what most around me thought rose played to their strength nothing more and did so satisfactory good luck to you all the same [emoji106]

1 hour ago, plug mac said:

Nothing to do with the slope we were rubbish and the rose are a long ball side a decent long ball side contrary to what one Roy fan said that's what most around me thought rose played to their strength nothing more and did so satisfactory good luck to you all the same emoji106.png

Yes, sincerely - Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Hopefully you will now go on and lift the cup -and make yourselves a right few quid!

- and who knows, you might even think about putting some of it towards fixing that park!             58cdd99baa578_DimpleBum.jpg.7c98c6986478bf776d89630ede093cd7.jpg

It's junior fitba you get all sorts of parks some with slopes some without some narrow some wide some long some short.

The actual surface was fine and Bonnyrigg obviously know how to play on that pitch nothing wrong with that . They were the better team and turned up on the day. Good luck to them in the semis though would like to see another team win it they have a real good chance of doing so.

13 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Your team beat Penicuik who have the biggest sloped pitch in our league. Depending on the way a player falls, he could go from the top end of the pitch, and stop in the goal area at the bottom!

You never complained of Penicuik having an advantage!

You must be on the wind up. Penicuik's is bumpy and uneven, granted the stand behind the goal doesn't do it justice. But at Bonnyrigg one top corner is higher than the other. Would've loved to see Hibs trying their football on that one! :lol:

Nae real preference in semi, maybe Glenafton as no seen us play them.
i think we can progress against any of the 3 so bring it on. What date are semi played? Please don't be first weekend in May 

15/16 and 22/23 April - the latter dates being the weekend of the big Scottish cup semi finals

16 minutes ago, ChoccyChipCuikie said:

You must be on the wind up. Penicuik's is bumpy and uneven, granted the stand behind the goal doesn't do it justice. But at Bonnyrigg one top corner is higher than the other. Would've loved to see Hibs trying their football on that one! :lol:

Naw - I'm sure I've seen guys having to use a nebuliser at half time, with all that running up the hill towards the stand end!

Reading the KRR thread and they have got all the excuses going, pretty laughable actually. I really don't know where this long ball team comes from. Obviously tiki taka is common in West Superleague during the winter :lol:anyway I am happy to be labelled physical and hard to beat because we are both home and away. Never really considered our midfield as biblical giants with superhuman strength, Lewis Turner, Scott Gray, Johnny Stewart, Adam Nelson absolute giants in the midfield :blink: Yaya Kiddo maybe an expection to that rule.

Too many sour grapes from yesterday's opponents I think. Hope Talbot end them next week.

For a start you are falling into the trap of taking what is said on an internet forum that represents a small handful of supporters that that is how the majority feel.
The management players and majority i came across which was many said you were the better team and a good hard to beat team.

Not sure what you mean by hope 'Talbot end them next week '

I think it's pretty clear what BB meant by his comments, and understandably after the pish posted on here in the last 24 hours by rob Roy fans.

As said on the match thread, the 3 best teams I have seen in the last 12 months make up 4 of this years semi finalists. We did a job on BR last season, but even in that game you could have argued that our keeper was MoTM. A very good side and Robbie Horn has done an amazing job in what I think is around 20 months.

Talbot hitting form at the right time, (and in horse racing terms, course and distance winners) while Bonnyrigg and Glenafton seem to have played with that bit more consistency. A hard one to call and who out of these three is drawn against each other should make a cracking two legs.

All 3 I would imagine would want LR.

7 minutes ago, superpollok said:

I think it's pretty clear what BB meant by his comments, and understandably after the pish posted on here in the last 24 hours by rob Roy fans.

As said on the match thread, the 3 best teams I have seen in the last 12 months make up 4 of this years semi finalists. We did a job on BR last season, but even in that game you could have argued that our keeper was MoTM. A very good side and Robbie Horn has done an amazing job in what I think is around 20 months.

Talbot hitting form at the right time, (and in horse racing terms, course and distance winners) while Bonnyrigg and Glenafton seem to have played with that bit more consistency. A hard one to call and who out of these three is drawn against each other should make a cracking two legs.

Well said SP. Even after that result last year, good to hear someone from the West appreciating that there are some good teams in our league. Hopefully this is proved this year with two from each league being in the semi finals.

Bonnyrigg have a number of quality players and have a great chance of winning the cup this year - time will tell. Robbie Horn has been a great manager this year, and think there will be offers for him to get a shot at managing at a higher level next season.

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

If I was any of the three you mention and you underestimate linlithgow I think they might be surprised 

If I was any of the three you mention and you underestimate linlithgow I think they might be surprised 

Like you say, probably shouldn't underestimate Lithgy but I think recent results may flatter them. Haven't seen much of Glenafton, but going by the highlights videos I've seen of Talbot, and what I've seen of Bonnyrigg this season, I'd fancy both Talbot and Bonnyrigg to win fairly comfortably.

Buzzing I'll be in Liverpool for the second leg of the semi. I hate watching Giants hammer throwers on a ski slope play soccer but to be fair I've played on that park 3 times scored 3 times and was all down the slope #conspiracytheory

Buzzing I'll be in Liverpool for the second leg of the semi. I hate watching Giants hammer throwers on a ski slope play soccer but to be fair I've played on that park 3 times scored 3 times and was all down the slope #conspiracytheory

Should point out I only won twice which I scored in penalty shoot out's and the other I scored in was in open play but lost in 90 mins

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Like you say, probably shouldn't underestimate Lithgy but I think recent results may flatter them. Haven't seen much of Glenafton, but going by the highlights videos I've seen of Talbot, and what I've seen of Bonnyrigg this season, I'd fancy both Talbot and Bonnyrigg to win fairly comfortably.

Unless they get drawn against each other.

It will be guid to get two East v West semi finals, and as they are over two legs, at least the bragging rights for this season can be challenged in earnest!

Archived