Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

Played 16 games and Nitten cant catch us. Has to be a new record!

I am looking forward to dean playing next month (hopefully), by all accounts he looks really good in training.

This poor chap has been subject to horrendous personal circumstances and hopefully any additional betting ban will be lenient.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in 40 years of watching football I have never seen an offside decision given in teams own half. Until today, Duncan Smith maintained it was correct decision

Complete clown of a man always has to be the star man

15 hours ago, db11 said:

in 40 years of watching football I have never seen an offside decision given in teams own half. Until today, Duncan Smith maintained it was correct decision

Actually it is possible.  Obviously the player has to be in the opponents half & in an offside position when the ball is first played, but if he travels back into his own half and becomes involved with active play the offside is then given.  From the start of this season the free kick is to be taken from where he became active so if this was in his own half that's where the free kick is taken from.  Previously it would have been where he was originally when the ball was first played.  It doesn't or hasn't happened that often hence why not many people will be aware of it.  

Dean Brett will be a great player at this level. Had expected to see him at Kelty or Hill of beath tbh. Good signing for the Rose.

Not sure why he'd have gone to Hill o' beath? At least with the Rose he had joined a guid team.

22 hours ago, db11 said:

Yu, he really is a little sh*t - apparently he was also allowing the Lochee keeper to take more than 4 steps with the ball! Whatever next?!

This time tomorrow the quarter final should be over. Tough tie against KKR, but a repeat of the home performances against Dumbarton and Kilsyth should see the Big Rose progress to the semi-finals of the Scottish. 

All the best to Bonnyrigg; as well as the wee rose and Sauchie!

Archived