Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the match thread on the Domestic Cup forum as bad as it was earlier? Checked at 4pm and was full o angry Morton and Hibees - they just don't like junior fitba!

(It'll give me palpitations if I check it)

Forget about the result today; just remember the journey that got you there!

Last year's East Region Super League winners and superb victories that took you to the fourth round of the Scottish Cup. All Junior football clubs would be very proud of the big Rose's achievement in this venture

Back to Junior football business, and all the best next week against Kilsyth Rangers.

3 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Is the match thread on the Domestic Cup forum as bad as it was earlier? Checked at 4pm and was full o angry Morton and Hibees - they just don't like junior fitba!

(It'll give me palpitations if I check it)

No it wasn't, even the usual suspects weren't there as they were too busy feuding with one another today in their own respective cup match threads.

There was one of the St Johnstone regular trolls, one of the Midden ones & the usual Hearts one hitting the Hibs posters with his Tinkywinky bag, but that was it. Can't even really say the Hibs fans were particular rubbing Rose's noses in it - anger about the dodgy penalty at most.

Anyway, as to the game, let's be honest, that was embarrassing. Yes, Hibs were up for it & weren't taking any chances after their previous encounter with a Junior side, but Bonnyrigg could have & should have done a whole lot better. On the other hand, if Hibs go on to retain it (& the better & better they appear to get as the season goes by, the less impossible this seems), this could be the game they'll look back & say it was where the attitude was clear this was once more to be their year, & the Rose were unlucky enough to be the first in their way - who meanwhile may have been crying all the way out of Tynecastle but laughing all the way to the bank.

Much like pollok last year really, against a much better team.

At 3-1 down they had a good penalty claim turned down and a header just wide of the post just before half time.

And the rose came out second half looking for a goal to get back into it.

I'd rather play that way than park the bus. Certainly no embarrassment in that.

Archived