Falkirk V Hibernian 6/8/16

My dad was a big Rangers fan, (home, away, europe etc) but said he didn't like the atmosphere & sectarianism at the games in the late 70s so he stopped going along. Then when it came time to pick a team I was told anyone bar the Old Firm.

Luckily (or unluckily as it may be) my uncle was a big Falkirk fan and I was choosing round about the Scottish cup run of 1997 so Falkirk were the choice plus I had someone to take me along to the games. Haven't looked back.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My old man was an Aberdeen fan but growing up in Edinburgh and having an older half-brother who supported Hibs there was only one choice really.

f**k supporting a team within the old firm. The passion when we won the cup back in May is what it's all about, seeing Rangers fans saying that they only wanted to win to be in Europe and that the cup was just a bonus was/is fucking shite. f**k having that mentality. 

Unfortunately your never going to get away  from towns like Falkirk having large amounts of old firm glory hunting bigots . Fortunately there usually fans you wouldnae want following your own club anyway.

https://youtu.be/XEFlahbrMjk

Still can't believe those Fannys at Grahamston station. What a riddy. Never seen so much bravado whilst running away.

Was depressing seeing how flat it was on the Southside and in town after Celtic beat us in the final a few year's back. Extremely irritating to lose out on the party of a lifetime to folk who blatantly couldn't gig a f**k.

Rangers fans playing down the final there are talking through their arse though. They would have absolutely loved to win that.

I'm a Hibs fan because my dad was and his dad was. They are also my local team. Half of my mates are Celtic and rangers fans. They hardly ever go to games. They say to me all the time "I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to support a team like Hibs". That's why they'll
Never ever have the feeling we had on the 21st may or the feeling any set of fans have after winning a cup. The majority of old firm fans are glory hunting arseholes.

I am KDM, and this, is my life.

Whole family are Hibs fans so I never really had any other option tbh. Was only 2 months old when we won the cup in 91 and Mum & Dad had me down at ER getting photos taken with the players :lol:

Diehard Hibs fan despite the fact I grew up in Gorgie.

Only song I'll never sing is the 'in your Gorgie slums', my grandad just throws me a look of disgust if I even think about it :lol:

On 6 August 2016 at 22:11, distresseduke said:

You weren't at the game clearly or alternatively you know f**k all about football Taiwo was our worst player by a mile ...explain how he got himself booked if you were there you utter fucking c**t

so much anger, are you 5,5" ?

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk has never been my local team, is that allowed?

Same, always been a Falkirk fan. Ma dad is one and he is from Falkirk and all his side of the family. That and I'm a glory hunter of course as I was once accused of by a Stirling Albion fan.

anyway, if hibs get Henderson you boys should pish the league. That and a fit McGeough. Be interesting to see how your keeper gets on as well. I was baffled by our starting line up, has McCracken featured at all pre season and league cup games ? Baird needs dropped I'm afraid, love his work ethic but he's just not getting the goals. Hippolyte needs to up his game and get in the team or stop giving housties Mrs a length because sibbs as is evident is more effective in the middle. No complaints with the result, I will be honest I thought we'd get pumped. Onwards and upwards though, we never win the first game anyway.

I live in Stirling and didn't support a team at all until I was about 10 when my pal took me to a Falkirk game. First live game I had been to so instantly I was attached to Falkirk (Despite the 0-0 draw) then things like 4-3 against Hearts solidified it and I've been suffering ever since.

22 minutes ago, Falkirkyabass said:

I live in Stirling and didn't support a team at all until I was about 10 when my pal took me to a Falkirk game. First live game I had been to so instantly I was attached to Falkirk (Despite the 0-0 draw) then things like 4-3 against Hearts solidified it and I've been suffering ever since.

YABASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I was brought up in Dunipace and there were three options, the Bairns or the Bigot Twins ( Denny area was a dumping ground for refugee weegies who had been turfed out of their slums). Family history of supporting the Bairns and so 47 years (Christ!!!) of frustration, disappointment and occasional joy since my first trip to Brockville and I still love my Saturday afternoons at the shiny new Bairnabeau.

30 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I was brought up in Dunipace and there were three options, the Bairns or the Bigot Twins ( Denny area was a dumping ground for refugee weegies who had been turfed out of their slums). Family history of supporting the Bairns and so 47 years (Christ!!!) of frustration, disappointment and occasional joy since my first trip to Brockville and I still love my Saturday afternoons at the shiny new Bairnabeau.

Hello, I'm a 48 year supporter brought up in Boannybrig! :) First game, as far as we can work out, was in 1968 when I was 10 or 11. All I remember is that we beat a team in white and that Craigy Watson scored twice. That fits with a 1968 win over Airdrie. 

Hello, I'm a 48 year supporter brought up in Boannybrig! [emoji4] First game, as far as we can work out, was in 1968 when I was 10 or 11. All I remember is that we beat a team in white and that Craigy Watson scored twice. That fits with a 1968 win over Airdrie. 

I would have been 5 or 6 and have absolutely no idea what my first game was!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2016 at 18:10, brokeville said:

Very little between the teams and both will be battling for the title. Best Falkirks played this season so far. Nice to hear Lennon give us some credit, something that the cretin Stubbs couldn't do. If Hibs lose Cummings they might find it tough.

Rofl.

Archived