Jo Cox MP

Horrible.

The Leave side really are scum.

That's an incredibly stupid and immature comment.

This attack is repulsive, it's not something I associate with politics in the UK.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britain First are actively targeting Muslim politicians with "direct action". Jo Cox is actively pro Palestinian, so the attacker may have just over interpreted his instructions. He shouted "Britain First" more than once allegedly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/sadiq-khan-britain-first-london-mayor-threaten-direct-action-a7047991.html

Just read the bbc article about it, an eye witness said the guy shot her twice and when she fell over he shot her again in the face. When he was challenged by someone he produced a knife and attacked them and stabbed at Jo Cox several times.

All in all it sounds like an absolutely horrific incident, I don't like to use the "what's the world coming to" line but seriously what is it coming to?

Just read the bbc article about it, an eye witness said the guy shot her twice and when she fell over he shot her again in the face. When he was challenged by someone he produced a knife and attacked them and stabbed at Jo Cox several times.

All in all it sounds like an absolutely horrific incident, I don't like to use the "what's the world coming to" line but seriously what is it coming to?

The world has always been a violent, bloody place populated by a worrying number of dangerous and abusive people. It's not really a question of what it's "coming to", but what it's always been like.

There will be unintended consequences if you run a campaign based on stirring up fear of immigration day after day for months. 

I think you're right about the ugly campaign and there being consequences - but I don't think this incident is necessarily one of them.

If this guy is indeed a Britain First English nazi type then he's probably had these kind of despicable views for a long, long time.  

Hopefully like Gabbie Giffords she manages to beat the odds and survive this.

The world has always been a violent, bloody place populated by a worrying number of dangerous and abusive people. It's not really a question of what it's "coming to", but what it's always been like.

I do think social media has made things worse, given brainless Saturday night pavement dancers a cause and a way to connect with like minded individuals.

There will be unintended consequences if you run a campaign based on stirring up fear of immigration day after day for months. 

It will damage Leave though.

So how do you know the motivation and politics of the attacker? Trying to make political capital for Remain out of this with no hard evidence is very low even by your desperate standards. Utterly despicable!

Ethics aside, this is already being called a "set up" by "leftist libtards" on the Britain First Facebook page and is being touted as damaging to Brexit by some remainers. We can play Helen Lovejoy all we like, but a week out from a referendum, a prominent pro-immigration remain figure being brutally attacked is inevitably going to have people on either side misusing it.

Remember the Scottish referendum, and how the egg-throwing farce was used by the media; and that was nothing. Anyone who happily played along with that as a means to attack Yes advocates can hardly be surprised that this horrific savagery would now become a means to attack Brexiters.

So how do you know the motivation and politics of the attacker? Trying to make political capital for Remain out of this with no hard evidence is very low even by your desperate standards. Utterly despicable!

Did I make political capital?

Whether you like it or not some people will think this is related to the EU vote.

The only despicable one is you implying that I'm saying something else.

Get off your fucking high horse.

"No Evidence"?

There may be room for doubt but surely we can make some reasonable working assumptions.

We are after all a football forum discussing the news of the day as opposed to a jury deciding on someones liberty.

Archived