South Challenge Cup 2016-17

HibeeJibee

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/03/2017 at 21:32, Stu said:

Sure I've read somewhere that, despite the name, The Falkirk Stadium is technically in Grangemouth.

Whatever, will allow folk to make a quick detour to see the Kelpies.

We always say this to Falkirk supporters, in order to annoy them, but on Saturday the 11th the stadium will officially be back in Falkirk.

Ease up Shire!

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

LTHV v WW 

Can someone please confirm venue and kick off time for this match. 

WW website says Saughton 2:30

Eos website says Ainslie Park 3:00 

SFA referee appointments also showing Saughton at 2.30pm. I'd go with that at least for the time being. 

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 16:09, newcastle broon said:

Ok thanks  Rab surprised at the 2:30 when it's dark much later now. 

Most EOSL clubs still play at 2:30pm. If you look at this season's South Challenge Cup and EOS Qualifying Cup results could can see that factor:

http://www.eosfl.com/matches.asp?sid=8&cid=34&ResultsFixtures=results&clid=All&refid=All&df1=&df2

http://www.eosfl.com/matches.asp?sid=8&cid=36&ResultsFixtures=results&clid=All&refid=All&df1=&df2

Heriot-Watt and Leith don't seem to in EOSL - 3pm. Maybe due to booking windows as they've 3G pitches.

4 minutes ago, Aguerooooo said:

Does anyone know if Threave v EK game is on today. I'd heard it was maybe doubtful?

All good according to Threave twitter ... 

Today's game against @officialEKFC has passed a morning inspection. Kick off is at 3 o'clock at Meadow Park.
£4 Adults
£2 Concessions

East Stirlingshire 3-2 Tynecastle
Edinburgh University 0-4 Cumbernauld Colts
Lothian Thistle HV 2-0 Whitehill Welfare
Threave Rovers 1-5 East Kilbride

Formidable set of Semi-Finalists in the shape of 'Shire, Cumbernauld, LTHV and EK. Those are due on April 8th with the Final on May 28th.

Only EK have previously reached the Final and on that occasion in 2013-14 they won it. Of course 'Shire are playing in the cup for the first time.

SOSL's last representative exited today. EOSL flag is kept flying by LTHV who have now reached 4 cup finals, 2 SFs and 1 QF this season across 7 cups (and yet to lose in any).

Indeed including the EOS League and Qualifying League they have only lost 1 game all season - away to Heriot-Watt University in the EOSL.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Canny even put up an argument. 

Best team won. 

WW didn't look a team defending the trophy. 

Knocked oot very tamely. 

Sorry Newky can't really agree here couldn't quite believe how much WW were on top in the first hour. We should have been 2/3 up but looked rusty in front of goal and maybe the lack of games showed. As they say if you don't take your chances ... 

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Sorry Newky can't really agree here couldn't quite believe how much WW were on top in the first hour. We should have been 2/3 up but looked rusty in front of goal and maybe the lack of games showed. As they say if you don't take your chances ... 

All aboot opinions Rab I wouldn't say rusty only one ww player looked like scoring today, once went goal doon it was game over. 

Every week there's players I've never seen before coming in. Canny help injuries or suspensions but other teams seem to cope. 

55 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Don't worry brother, you'll be in this competition next season.

Looking increasingly likely my friend. 14 league games in a row without a win. Next two weeks we play Edinburgh City once and Cowdenbeath twice. Interesting times.

Back on topic, took in the game today as Lothian and Whitehill are my fave EOS and Lowland team respectively.

Whilst Welfare looked dangerous at times going forward, Hutchie Vale were clearly the better footballing side and deserved their victory.

Looking increasingly likely my friend. 14 league games in a row without a win. Next two weeks we play Edinburgh City once and Cowdenbeath twice. Interesting times.

You should beat Cowden tbf, the Shire will pump you rotten next season though.

Archived