Chris Strain back in?

skelpy

From a good source, it would appear this is a clash of personalities between management and committee and nothing more, if true then hopefully Chris will be back in post soon. Let's be honest, and I do like Chris, he can be a pain in the ass at times but his record speaks for itself and there is no doubt he has the backing of the players and the fans so this has been a ridiculous decision by the outgoing committee. When a team is doing so well as the Buffs were then personality clashes have to be put to one side and let the team and management get on with the tremendous job they've been doing.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a good source, it would appear this is a clash of personalities between management and committee and nothing more, if true then hopefully Chris will be back in post soon. Let's be honest, and I do like Chris, he can be a pain in the ass at times but his record speaks for itself and there is no doubt he has the backing of the players and the fans so this has been a ridiculous decision by the outgoing committee. When a team is doing so well as the Buffs were then personality clashes have to be put to one side and let the team and management get on with the tremendous job they've been doing.

From what I'd heard, he had either taken decisions unilaterally, or against the express wishes of the committee.

One would have thought there could have been a more sensible solution than the sack!

Let's hope all gets settled and the team can continue its improvement.

Sorry to mock but "through the roof". :lol:

I thought the same thing. Never in my 30 years of watching Largs (on and off) have I bought a season ticket. I did get one for years through my membership of its 200 Club...but never actually bought one separately. Only a certain type of person will buy a ST at a Junior club. And they're probably not even out to get the cheaper entry that buying one gets you as the chances are they'll spend the money of raffle tickets instead. So my point is, they're not going to get any new people buying ST - only ones that have bought them previously anyway.

I'm buying one. Sure they'll be more like me, maybe no 100s mind you lol but certainly more than the theesel after comparing promotion pitch invasion's!

I've followed the Buffs for a few years and this season will be the 1st time I'll be buying a season ticket. I would be lying if I said that doesn't have a lot to do with the emotions invoked by the recent events at the club.

I've followed the Buffs for a few years and this season will be the 1st time I'll be buying a season ticket. I would be lying if I said that doesn't have a lot to do with the emotions invoked by the recent events at the club.

It's also reassuring to know I will be able to attend future AGMs

I'm buying one. Sure they'll be more like me, maybe no 100s mind you lol but certainly more than the theesel after comparing promotion pitch invasion's!

So you're comparing a normal league game away from home to a second leg of the play-off final at home? Aye, very good.

So quick question if it has been a clash or personalities. who do people believe is more integral to the success of their club, committee or manager?

Ma thoughts exactly surely one man isn't bigger than a club, but seems that cs is 😨 Committee for me all day long

So what happens if they struggle in the league. It will take a brave committee to sack him after this and thats not a healthy position for a club to be in

If they struggle and he gets sacked thats fine, its when hes took them up two years running to a semi and final of the two biggest cups open to him then sacked by txt, that was the issue nothing more nothing less.

So quick question if it has been a clash or personalities. who do people believe is more integral to the success of their club, committee or manager?

If the manger is doing a poor job he will be sacked. The same should apply to the committee, especially when there are other people willing to take over.

If the manger is doing a poor job he will be sacked. The same should apply to the committee, especially when there are other people willing to take over.

It is not very often that there are people willing to step in on mass as a committee! If the Buffs have that good on them, they need to get a Wee bit of their brain removed before joining, and get a thicker skin!

Archived