Group B: England vs Wales

AMC13

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set up now for interesting final matches

It's all set up for them to fall flat on their faces (as usual).

Set up for the fans to continue rioting and get them sent home.

Both sides will be through if they can get a point off Slovakia and Russia respectively. I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen.

Could still see Wales topping the group

Wales 6

England 5

Slovakia 4

Russia 1

England can win the tournament if Vardy is featured the rest of the way.

Their defence will give away a goal a game but the three man midfield is working perfectly and I think they can outscore teams

Hart

Walker-Smalling-Cahill-Rose

Rooney-Dier-Alli

Lallana-Kane-Vardy

They'll need the French and Germans to slip up but England on their day can beat anyone else in the tournament, IMO

Do folk honestly believe England will be anywhere near the final? :lol:

They've scored a freekick and two goals from open play that any half competent team would have defended easily. Williams set up the first and the second was woeful defending.

England will get cuffed as soon as they come up against a team that can attack. Their defence looks shaky (against two awful teams) and they've no one in the middle that can take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I'd love them to face Germany, they'll get pummelled.

Much like France, England have been playing against teams who have favoured a more defensive outlook. Most European sides would struggle to break down teams like Russia, Wales, Romania and Albania when they are playing in a well-drilled and defensive style. We'll get more of an idea about England's quality if/when they're involved in matches against the better teams who will attack and allow them a bit more space around the box.

19QOS19, on 16 Jun 2016 - 16:24, said:

Do folk honestly believe England will be anywhere near the final? :lol:

They've scored a freekick and two goals from open play that any half competent team would have defended easily. Williams set up the first and the second was woeful defending.

England will get cuffed as soon as they come up against a team that can attack. Their defence looks shaky (against two awful teams) and they've no one in the middle that can take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I'd love them to face Germany, they'll get pummelled.

They've got enough goals in them to cause bother for decent teams.

I'd say they'll likely lose to one of the bigger sides in the tournament because their defending has been poor whenever it's been challenged, so I don't think they're winning the tournament. But at the same time, them going far and taking scalps wouldn't surprise me.

The likes of France and Spain haven't looked very impressive either. England are capable of beating anyone as long as they pick the right team and not imposters like Sterling.

FF, have you watched many of the games?  Who has stood out so far for you?  I've watched fewer than half and, probably, Italy have been most impressive. Not been a good tournament, yet.

Alli, Kane, Dier all passengers today. Rooney out of position, defence look shit scared and keeper likely to throw one in the net at any moment...

England better get scoring more than 1 or 2 a game because a good set of forwards will have Cahill and Smalling beaten all ends up

Rooney and Dier both controlled the game for England - I thought they were very impressive in that area.  Walker is also having a storming tournament.

The boy Sterling is in dreadful form.  Surely he won't see any more game time. 

Much like France, England have been playing against teams who have favoured a more defensive outlook. Most European sides would struggle to break down teams like Russia, Wales, Romania and Albania when they are playing in a well-drilled and defensive style. We'll get more of an idea about England's quality if/when they're involved in matches against the better teams who will attack and allow them a bit more space around the box.

The better teams will retain possession much better than teams such as Russia, Wales, Albania etc. Much of what has made England look decent so far has been the sheer amount of possession they have had, so I think it'll be interesting to see how they do when they are having to win possession or have long spells without it.

FF, have you watched many of the games? Who has stood out so far for you? I've watched fewer than half and, probably, Italy have been most impressive. Not been a good tournament, yet.

Aye, Italy were very impressive but not sure they have the quality to do that every game. Croatia were very good too, can see them going far. Nobody else has really stood out though I hardly saw any of the Germany game so not sure about them.

pandarilla, on 16 Jun 2016 - 16:42, said:

Rooney and Dier both controlled the game for England - I thought they were very impressive in that area.  Walker is also having a storming tournament.

The boy Stirling is in dreadful form.  Surely he won't see any more game time. 

Think Dier fell away in the second half but he was excellent in the first. Also thought Rooney looked like he could create something, even if some of his passing was sloppy. On the case of Walker, he's not came under enough pressure. He's being allowed to just bomb and he's looked good as a result.

I'm sure it's been mentioned earlier in the thread but the Welsh really are a bunch of diving b*****ds - although the worst example was an Englishman in the first half (can't remember which one).  Unsurprisingly Keown said it was a clear foul.

Walker is a cracking player, Pandy.  One of the tournament stand-outs so far.

Archived