When are they changing the West premier league name?

Since it's basically all Ayrshire clubs & only 1 side North of the Clyde I'm thinking we should change the top leagues name ?

I'm thinking Ayrshire league with 2 southsiders & a homeless hanger on league but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue .

So I'm open to suggestions ??

Since it's basically all Ayrshire clubs & only 1 side North of the Clyde I'm thinking we should change the top leagues name ?

I'm thinking Ayrshire league with 2 southsiders & a homeless hanger on league but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue .

So I'm open to suggestions ??

So does that mean when Ladedise :P get relegated next year they'll go down to the Ayrshire District League, as the Super League Division One is almost exclusively Central teams ?  :thumsup2

So does that mean when Ladedise :P get relegated next year they'll go down to the Ayrshire District League, as the Super League Division One is almost exclusively Central teams ? :thumsup2

I know your not a betting man Peter but how's a bout a charity donation that we don't get relegated? Also to make it interesting I will say Glens don't finish top 6?

I know your not a betting man Peter but how's a bout a charity donation that we don't get relegated? Also to make it interesting I will say Glens don't finish top 6?

You're right, I'm not a betting man.  :thumsup2

~ just teasing ~

What is the previous highest number of Ayrshire sides in the top league prior to this season's 7?

Would imagine it would have been either last season with 7 . From memory most apart from that would have been the 1st or 2nd season as the central sides bossed it for a while

14/15 I think it was 8 Ayrshire side with the 4 central sides being Lie, Peasie, Shotts and Clydebank.

Two were then relegated and 3 were promoted

I think there was a season early in the SL when there was only 3 Ayrshire teams, possibly Talbot, Cumnock and Glenafton.

Anyone remember back about 20 years ago when there was various proposals for a combined league. They couldn't make up their mind if they wanted 10 in the top league or 12. One other stumbling block was the Central Region thinking they were stronger so there should be 8 of their clubs to only 4 Ayrshire sides. Eventually they got their way.....kind of. The top division was 6/6 but the First was 8/4. How times have changed. Maybe the Ayrshire sides should break away.

The Ayrshire teams atm have the upper hand on us but don't think a all Ayrshire league will be good for the game if anything I'd take the top 7 or 8 from super prem and same from the east n make a super super league ha.

Mon the papers

Anyone remember back about 20 years ago when there was various proposals for a combined league. They couldn't make up their mind if they wanted 10 in the top league or 12. One other stumbling block was the Central Region thinking they were stronger so there should be 8 of their clubs to only 4 Ayrshire sides. Eventually they got their way.....kind of. The top division was 6/6 but the First was 8/4. How times have changed. Maybe the Ayrshire sides should break away.

Was that not to keep the ADL at a credible number of clubs though? Plus Ayrshire clubs are at an advantage as they only need two promotions to make it to the top league.

Was that not to keep the ADL at a credible number of clubs though? Plus Ayrshire clubs are at an advantage as they only need two promotions to make it to the top league.

central teams need the ayrshire teams more than the ayrshire teams need them....

Both need each other and personally I would like to see the Top East teams joining to make it a real Premier league.

I don't recall that ever being mentioned. Although I'm only going by what was in the Ayrshire local paper and Evening Times at the time. No junior internet forums back then.

Archived