Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id love every person they approach, to turn it down after whats happened to Ranieri. I know that would never happen and someone desperate would take it but i like the idea of the Leceister board getting told to f**k off by every semi-competent manager around

There was a Leicester fan, in Spain for the game, that said he wouldn't have accepted (if offered it last year) a combination of winning the league followed by relegation.

Wouldn't accept it.

That c**t should be beaten to a bloody pulp with his own shoe.

Tbf finishing 17th every year in the Premier League is every football fan's dream...

Words fail me, I don't know who, or what, Leicester's owners think they are?

Logic suggests they have just rubber stamped their relegation.

Gary Lineker has perfectly summed up the historical Leicester supports dismay at these events. Dismay that every fan, of clubs with little hope of silverware, can concur with.
Ranieri's achievement should have brought him time enough to survive a relegation & an attempt at a return to the English top division, before this sort of pressure came to the fore. Even then, I think the man would have walked away first, before having his tenure terminated.
Only last seasons late arrivals, & the media, have be calling for his head.

Gary Lineker has perfectly summed up the historical Leicester supports dismay at these events. Dismay that every fan, of clubs with little hope of silverware, can concur with.
Ranieri's achievement should have brought him time enough to survive a relegation & an attempt at a return to the English top division, before this sort of pressure came to the fore. Even then, I think the man would have walked away first, before having his tenure terminated.

And the likes of Jamie Vardy etc according to rumour.

Gary Lineker is an absolute cretin and fans are irrelevant to this process. If players aren't willing to play for a manager, for a club a few points above the relegation spots in February, then the board has to punt the manager; it's that straightforward. Otherwise they'll be overseeing a Championship team next season. You can't get rid of the squad in February but you can get rid of the manager.

The real test of the board is whether they'll also ship out the snakes within the Leicester team in the summer or let them remain at the club. A competent board deals with the short term problem now and gets rid of the bad apples as well; otherwise they'll endure a horrendous decline IMO.

Incidentally, stories about Leicester players being unhappy with Ranieri have been widely reported for several months now - at least part of the blame therefore has to go to a manager who didn't ship out certain players in January. When Ranieri had the 'league-winning manager' capital to change the squad, he chose not to do so. He might not deserve that outcome but his negligence made it inevitable.

Gary Lineker is an absolute cretin and fans are irrelevant to this process. If players aren't willing to play for a manager, for a club a few points above the relegation spots in February, then the board has to punt the manager; it's that straightforward. Otherwise they'll be overseeing a Championship team next season. You can't get rid of the squad in February but you can get rid of the manager.

The real test of the board is whether they'll also ship out the snakes within the Leicester team in the summer or let them remain at the club. A competent board deals with the short term problem now and gets rid of the bad apples as well; otherwise they'll endure a horrendous decline IMO.

Incidentally, stories about Leicester players being unhappy with Ranieri have been widely reported for several months now - at least part of the blame therefore has to go to a manager who didn't ship out certain players in January. When Ranieri had the 'league-winning manager' capital to change the squad, he chose not to do so. He might not deserve that outcome but his negligence made it inevitable.

Certainly harsh, quite possibly fair

It seems incredibly harsh on Ranieri, and while Steve McQueen is right in that a lot of this disbelief at his sacking is down to him being a nice guy, it does say a lot about the lack of loyalty in football.

Then again, it says even more about money.

I saw this mentioned elsewhere, a Leicester fan was complaining saying that after having won the league and pocketing £100 million, they should have been able to be comfortable mid-table. But it was pointed out that Leicester earned £93 million for winning the league last year, while mid-table Everton got £83 million.So earning £10 million more earns you no right to finish anywhere.

I think every single Premier League side earned more than £62 million, so the money for just being in the league is so huge, that where you finish doesn't really mean an awful lot (outside of being able to earn another £20+ million from the Champions League).

This is why Ranieri has been sacked, if they stay in the Premier League this season, even finishing one spot above the relegation place they will get over £100 million, if they get relegated, and don't come straight back up, they'll then get £30 million per season for three years.

Money is all that matters in the Premier League.

Archived