Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Scholes was on a different planet compared to Gerrard.

Keane and Viera are obviously better.  Yet the best in the English game was a mile behind Pirlo or Xavi etc.  

The suggestion that Gerrard was one of the best ranks along side Rooney or Barry Ferguson.  

Gerrard may have been a great player. Staying at Liverpool hindered him. Xabi Alonso played alongside gerrard at Liverpool and ended up going to 2 of the biggest clubs in the world in Real Madrid and Bayern Munich; achieving more in his career and becoming a better player than Gerrard in the process whilst Gerrard continued to fail to win the premier league and only win a handful of cups at Liverpool. Also how he done nothing of note for England in major tournaments, much like Rooney ect.

Top 5...

Gerard/Scholes/Lampard/Viera/Keane

[emoji6]

Scholes/Lampard/Viera/Keane/Gerrard

I actually think that at their peak, Viera and Keane were ahead of Lampard and up there with Scholes, but just for his sheer outrageous consistency and goal return over many seasons, Lampard is second after Scholes for me.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Scholes/Lampard/Viera/Keane/Gerrard

I actually think that at their peak, Viera and Keane were ahead of Lampard and up there with Scholes, but just for his sheer outrageous consistency and goal return over many seasons, Lampard is second after Scholes for me.

IMG_2970.PNG

23 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Frustrating result for Liverpool again this week and that's 5 points dropped in 2 games. Despite the good run - 12 wins in 15 games - the big keepers never looked convincing and I'm not surprised he's cost the team points. He's going to take time if he's to become the top keeper Liverpool need. 

Having said all that I thought they should have won today but just not ruthless enough in front of goal having 40 minutes to find a winner. With Sturridge, Ings, Coutinho and Can injured the squad is down to the bare bones and lacks depth hence why only the one sub was made and that was at the back. With Mane away after the Sunderland game Klopp will surely need to strengthen in the window. 

Next up Boro away on Wednesday night which has certainly been a bit of a bogey ground for Liverpool in the past. 

You heading to The Riverside then Rab? 

If Boro play like they did on Sunday then it'll be an easy 3 points for you. It was the most disappointed/seething I've been for a while. Was at a couple of home wins over Liverpool when Boro were last in the PL so would be good to keep the run going.

You heading to The Riverside then Rab? 
If Boro play like they did on Sunday then it'll be an easy 3 points for you. It was the most disappointed/seething I've been for a while. Was at a couple of home wins over Liverpool when Boro were last in the PL so would be good to keep the run going.

Did you manage to get to one of the games in London you mentioned last week HM?

I think you would hard pressed to say Gerrard at some point wasnt world class, he dragged somewhat mediocre teams to cup finals and won some of them, including the european cup. Would have been interesting to see how he would have got on at a top team in terms of players, could have been more of a cog perhaps but we will never know really.

Archived