Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Leicester v Chelsea and Leicester are a goal up after some shambolic defending. Luiz just stood there and watched the scorer stroll by him to head it into the net. He wasn't the only defender at fault either. A Fucking shambles of a goal.

On 19/09/2016 at 19:08, Diamonds are Forever said:

It's become almost too easy to criticise Rooney, but objectively there is no way that he should be getting a game. He's not their best player in any position. That will be the first big test of Mourinho, how long will he leave it before phasing him out?

This is what I find strange. Mourinho has never been afraid of ruffling a few feathers, but he doesn't seem keen on dropping Rooney. He's also reneged on his claim that he wouldn't play him in midfield.

On 19 September 2016 at 01:45, KingQuerrey said:

Man Utd will be nowhere near the top 4 this season as long as Rooney is in the starting lineup.

Horrendous footballer these days. Today was the worst performance of his lifetime, he was dreadful.

Lucky he's only got the 3 years left to run on his current 300k a week deal, rofl! 

On 9/20/2016 at 14:54, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently Upton Park has been partially blown up as part of a film. Not overly bothered about stadiums and that, but seems a bit heartless.

22 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Will no doubt be a Danny dyer, Ray winston film so the hammers fans won't mind their boys doing that.

Was this not the one that Big Dave Bautista is in?  He was doing the BBC predictor a few weeks back saying he was a guest at the Olympic Stadium and giving out some top class "I don't really know much about football" comments.  

How long ago was that? :lol: 

How many euro cups have they got? & domestic cups more than any other English club. Plus United are the only team to have won more league titles than Liverpool (18) I think United have 20 but not sure. Liverpool have more silverware than any other club not bad for a shite club that u laugh at [emoji14]

Andre Gray has been banned for 4 matches and fined £25,000.

This of course has fans in uproar as it was 4 years ago when he wished death upon gay people. Maybe they have a point, I recall that being a mainstream position in 2012.

Just now, Sooky said:

Andre Gray has been banned for 4 matches and fined £25,000.

This of course has fans in uproar as it was 4 years ago when he wished death upon gay people. Maybe they have a point, I recall that being a mainstream position in 2012.

TBF they sort of have a point in terms of the ban, the fine is acceptable though, and it opens up a ridiculous can of worms where rival fans will spend their nights trawling through players old social media accounts.

If he posted it now he'd have been banned and fined within a week. That it barely registered at the time isn't really relevant. 

Banning a player for a non-footballing offence for a longer period of time than he'd get for deliberately breaking an opponent's leg never really sits right with me, although that says more about policy towards those types of challenges than anything else. I'd have given him a larger fine and maybe a 2 game ban. Then again, homophobia is always an issue that's assumed to be rife in football by the general public, so the FA probably need to set an example. 

I doubt Gray will be the first moron banned for daft things said. 

On 21 September 2016 at 18:32, Match of the Day said:

How many euro cups have they got? & domestic cups more than any other English club. Plus United are the only team to have won more league titles than Liverpool (18) I think United have 20 but not sure. Liverpool have more silverware than any other club not bad for a shite club that u laugh at emoji14.png

He's not been seen since. Pray for Fyvie. 

On 9/21/2016 at 18:32, Match of the Day said:

How many euro cups have they got? & domestic cups more than any other English club. Plus United are the only team to have won more league titles than Liverpool (18) I think United have 20 but not sure. Liverpool have more silverware than any other club not bad for a shite club that u laugh at emoji14.png

How many Premier Leagues have they won?

51 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

He's not been seen since. Pray for Fyvie. 

They won all that before you decided to start supporting them though didn't they? :lol: 

Minter.

On 21/09/2016 at 14:26, Christophe said:

Lucky he's only got the 3 years left to run on his current 300k a week deal, rofl! 

I remember thinking at the time what an insane deal that was. Physically/athletically he has never been the sort of player who would go on to play at his best well into his 30s. 80% pay cut and future Sunderland captain IMO.

Think United v Leicester will be a cracker.  Carrick back and I can see Rooney being dropped to allow Pogba in a more advanced position, where he sould be playing.  Got a feeling Mkhitaryan might start along with Rashord and Pogba in behind Ibrahimovic.  

Leicester seem to be getting better, especially with the addition of Islam Slimani.  Will the players have an eye on the CL this week though?

Archived