Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Evidence suggests Neville is a poor manager. He`s an excellent pundit though.

It would take some truly world class punditry to provide a sensible description of what a 'Premier League cross' is, and how it's different from a 'La Liga cross' or 'Serie A cross'.

2 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

It would take some truly world class punditry to provide a sensible description of what a 'Premier League cross' is, and how it's different from a 'La Liga cross' or 'Serie A cross'.

Out of interest, i'd love to see a stat that showed the amount of crosses in a PL season compared to La Liga and Serie A.  Remember under Moyes one game United had 80+ crosses :lol:

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Evidence suggests Neville is a poor manager. He`s an excellent pundit though.

Indeed he is.

Can't believe Bravo wasn't sent off for that challenge on Rooney.  Any other player, any other part of the pitch, and that's a straight red.

Man City are everything Man Utd should aspire to in footballing terms. So many different players that can kill teams in an instant whereas Man utd have resorted to the hoofball that got Van Gaal sacked. Should really be out of sight

I think Man Utd lack players with that real turn of pace from middle to front, and the ones they do have are pretty low grade for that level like Lingard. Compare that to City have the likes of Aguero, De Bruyne, Sane, Navas and Sterling who can all turn and drive at the defence and commit players. Rashford and Martial are quick but that speed is all used in behind, so if teams sit deep they don't have much to worry about.

They still have enough quality to beat most sides, but to win the league I think they are lacking that 'injection of pace' - to use punditry chat.

Terrific game, I felt City were comfortably the better side throughout. United huffed and huffed but were never rely a threat until they started humping high balls to Fellaini and Zlatan amidst a tiring defence. 

Interested to see Match of the Day tonight, Boro were dreadful first half but second half all over them, but I'm most interested in some of the decisions. One cleared off the line with a hand that wasn't given then what looked like a foul inside the box to me given as a free kick, although obviously I could be wrong watching it in real time. Even if they were correct though, the refereeing performance was one of the worst I've seen in a good while. So many throw ins given the wrong way, corners given as goal kicks and vice-versa and loads of fouls not even looked at. Dreadful.

Really enjoyed the Manc derby. Great game. I thought it was too early for a game like that and it would be a disappointing 1-1! De Bruyne's goal was just pure class, even allowing for United's poor play, and Ibrahimovic's finish was much better than I first thought but his miss after that was unbelievable. He obviously didn't know where Stones was which was unreal. That first 40 minutes from City was something else.Good to see one of the OTT hyped games finally living up to it's billing.

Archived