Premier League 2016-2017

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

And of course, Rab, every single one of them live in Liverpool as Liverpool Football Club doesn't have any of those fake, glory hunting fans from elsewhere unlike other successful clubs.

Probably only narrowly second to Manchester United. You could spot the stoney faced regulars in amongst the replica covered, Mexican waving, Iceland clapping tourists :lol: 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McManaman (I know) said during commentary at Wembley yesterday that 'There's no way Ibrahimovic will score as many in the EPL as he did in France'.

I don't see why he can't tbh.

18 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Probably only narrowly second to Manchester United. You could spot the stoney faced regulars in amongst the replica covered, Mexican waving, Iceland clapping tourists :lol: 

They probably spoke better English than the Scousers though! ;)

All the 'global' clubs are the same really. I love how the supporters from other places are something to boast about when fans talk about their own clubs but use it as a negative when criticising others.

The reality is, the big clubs encourage the tourists. Its them that will spend hundreds of pounds in the club shop before a match.

I Have stood outside the club shop at both Old Trafford and Anfield waiting for people and the foreigners stream out laden with bags. That is revenue these clubs simply wouldn't have if the same people turned up every week.

Partridge-esque lack of self-awareness in celebrating eighty nine million pounds being spent on someone you let go for pennies a few years ago. Sums up Man United though. No longer a football club, a brand designed to milk as much money as possible from as many lowest common denominators as possible. Can't wait for Mourinho to turn him into a modern day John Obi Mikel.

The reality is, the big clubs encourage the tourists. Its them that will spend hundreds of pounds in the club shop before a match.

I Have stood outside the club shop at both Old Trafford and Anfield waiting for people and the foreigners stream out laden with bags. That is revenue these clubs simply wouldn't have if the same people turned up every week.

This.

I haven't followed the Pogba deal closely but Utd are getting a % of his image rights I assume? It's an investment they are probably guaranteed about £40m in that alone across the deal with potential for more of course if he goes on to be a huge success.

More games on Sky etc etc and with merchandise the actual transfer deal will probably cost them nothing.

41 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

John Stones registered in Manchester City's Champions League squad despite still being an Everton player

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/09/john-stones-named-in-manchester-citys-champions-league-squad-on/

City have confirmed the transfer now. £47.5 million apparently. Mental.

Completely off topic, but your name would much better in P&B terms if you changed it to The Mintertaur. Not The Minortaur though, might get you a ban at the minute.

Fucking hell - utter madness :lol:  I had him in my fantasy team on the off chance that City signed him as he's cheap so I'm delighted this has happened!

16 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

City have confirmed the transfer now. £47.5 million apparently. Mental.

Completely off topic, but your name would much better in P&B terms if you changed it to The Mintertaur. Not The Minortaur though, might get you a ban at the minute.

Pfft this username shall never be altered.  Classiest name on Pie and Bovril you know? :lol:

19 hours ago, 7-2 said:

They probably spoke better English than the Scousers though! ;)

All the 'global' clubs are the same really. I love how the supporters from other places are something to boast about when fans talk about their own clubs but use it as a negative when criticising others.

Ha ha well maybe :)

Typical football fans full of contradictions. 

Archived