Craig Napier

auldashy21

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't get my head around his display last night. Attention seeking right from the first whistle. Gave decisions which bemused players and fans alike and the last 10 minutes had completely lost the plot which just caused everyone to laugh at him.

Napier has a need to be centre of attention. He required the limelight constantly and it leads to him spoiling almost every game I've witnessed him in charge of. He should come out to music like the darts with McFlys "It's All About You" playing.

Sent Sheridan off for a last man foul even though there was no contact (Meadow players agreed and thought Shez done well to avoid fouling) and also the fact that McGregor still blocked the Meadow players attempt at goal, therefore there was cover. But then when Keenan body checked Christie he deemed that Strachan was covering! He also booked Thomas Collins for attempting to take a quick free kick which was blocked by a Meadow player when the booking should be the other way round. I'm just very glad that he is gone from the Juniors now and hope to never come across him again.

On another note, we were excellent last night and Napier's performance should not take anything away from one of our best performances of the season. We could have won by a lot more despite having 10 men for 45 mins and 9 men for the last 10 or so and also despite missing Fisher and Martin through injury plus MacDonald, Reid and McLean through holidays.

The rules have changed re goalscoring opportunities. Only a red if deliberate.

The recent changes don't come into force until next season. This season has to be played out using the laws that were being applied for the current season.

The rules have changed re goalscoring opportunities. Only a red if deliberate.

As PtB said, the new rules, although they came in to force on the 1st of June, will not be applied to the Juniors until next season. Also, the goalscoring opportunity / last man / red card or not only applies to fouls inside the box as the penalty is still deemed as an obvious goalscoring opportunity and the type of foul will determine the card - i.e attempt to play the ball or not.

This guy does sound like he is Wullie Collum mark 2, he was without doubt the worst ref in the juniors at the time, arrogant and loved to take all the limelight and low and behold he was fast tracked. I think everyone was celebrating when he moved upstanding it's sound like this guy is on a par!

This guy does sound like he is Wullie Collum mark 2, he was without doubt the worst ref in the juniors at the time, arrogant and loved to take all the limelight and low and behold he was fast tracked. I think everyone was celebrating when he moved upstanding it's sound like this guy is on a par!

Wullie Collum was low key in the juniors compared to this guy mate , honestly trust me and I know that Collum was bad however this guy is incredible , I know everyone has their own stories of this guy but last night had to be seen to be believed .

I remember a game at somervell when Napier was jogging sort of backwards across the goalmouth after blowing for a corner & fell over the Cambuslang keeper who was getting to his feet after making the save. One of our players , Mark Bishop , started laughing at Napier & Napier immediately brandished a yellow card in Bishop's face.

If memory serves me correctly I think the game finished 9 against 10.

I'm sure vale of leven were the opposition.

Bizarre decisions from this clown from first minute to last that day.

I remember a game at somervell when Napier was jogging sort of backwards across the goalmouth after blowing for a corner & fell over the Cambuslang keeper who was getting to his feet after making the save. One of our players , Mark Bishop , started laughing at Napier & Napier immediately brandished a yellow card in Bishop's face.

That's the exact sort of situation to have a real laugh with the players and get them on side with banter , instead he's went the other way again and stirred up controversy when a laugh would have been the proper way to deal with it .

On another note, we were excellent last night and Napier's performance should not take anything away from one of our best performances of the season. We could have won by a lot more despite having 10 men for 45 mins and 9 men for the last 10 or so and also despite missing Fisher and Martin through injury plus MacDonald, Reid and McLean through holidays.

Been to a few Beith games as a neutral this season, don't think any of the players that were "missing" were missed,  free flowing attacking football from start to finish. probably the best attacking formation I've seen from Beith, fast direct with some excellent goals.

When the ref fills out his report on the game what does he put down as the official reason for the yellow card. I am sure laughing at the ref is not a yellow card offence

When the ref fills out his report on the game what does he put down as the official reason for the yellow card. I am sure laughing at the ref is not a yellow card offence

God knows mate , maybe dissent :huh:

Remember gazza "yellow carded "

the ref at ibrox after finding his yellow card on the turf against hibs , even the hibs player in the background was cracking up with the refs booking of gazza.

They've got a horrible job ï¸however a sense of humour would make it a wee bit easier surely .

Believe me , it happened.

No idea what it was officially reported as. Cambuslang's manager at the time is a contributor to this forum. He might know.

Archived