Craig Napier

auldashy21

Talbot fan and talbot video man both praising him... must have been generous with penalties down Beachwood!

Very different experience to what I have witnessed from watching him ref games. Games with hardly a foul or bad tackle ended up with red cards and boiling over due to him and his inability to apply common sense and talk to players without being on a power trip.

As for those having a go for critising refs and the usual ‘there is no game without them’ no one is disputing that, just saying that a ref who seemed to be fast tracked through the system seemed out his depth at junior level so how will it be at senior level. There are decent refs out there and others who can have the odd back game like many players do. But there is only one thread on P&B mentioning one former junior ref though, with multiple supporters of various clubs in agreement, speaks volumes. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, superpollok said:

Talbot fan and talbot video man both praising him... must have been generous with penalties down Beachwood!

Very different experience to what I have witnessed from watching him ref games. Games with hardly a foul or bad tackle ended up with red cards and boiling over due to him and his inability to apply common sense and talk to players without being on a power trip.

As for those having a go for critising refs and the usual ‘there is no game without them’ no one is disputing that, just saying that a ref who seemed to be fast tracked through the system seemed out his depth at junior level so how will it be at senior level. There are decent refs out there and others who can have the odd back game like many players do. But there is only one thread on P&B mentioning one former junior ref though, with multiple supporters of various clubs in agreement, speaks volumes. 

You, and every other poster on here is a supporter of one club who has had experience of this lad’s refereeing, good or bad. An organisation who look after the game as a whole have deemed that he should be advanced. If it’s the wrong decision it will soon be noticed by more than a couple of hundred fellas at a Junior match. 

To start, and add to a thread to try and discredit him is, as I say, woeful. If he makes it good on him. You’ll need to find someone else to rage at on a Saturday.

Are there any referees people like/rate?

Matthew MacDermid
Chris Gentles

Matthew McDermid was in charge of our match at Pollok and Chris Gentles, our home match with Largs. Can't remember either match for the wrong reasons, so that implies their performances were good.

Similarly looking back, we have had Chris Graham (twice), Ross Menzies, Graham Grainger and Euan Birch and I can't remember what they look like, so again low key performances.

Showers seem to be on very early whenever our paths cross with Calum Scott or Stephen Brown.

I have to laugh at the Lok fans who just can’t stop themselves shouting abuse at the ref every week whether good bad or indifferent.Its like a reflex and just becomes a pain in the arse rather than the m shouting on the team.Its as if they live for the negativity....

14 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

I have to laugh at the Lok fans who just can’t stop themselves shouting abuse at the ref every week whether good bad or indifferent.Its like a reflex and just becomes a pain in the arse rather than the m shouting on the team.Its as if they live for the negativity....

To be fair to pollok fans you refer to, our bench for 5 years had a habit of doing that too

16 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You, and every other poster on here is a supporter of one club who has had experience of this lad’s refereeing, good or bad. An organisation who look after the game as a whole have deemed that he should be advanced. If it’s the wrong decision it will soon be noticed by more than a couple of hundred fellas at a Junior match. 

To start, and add to a thread to try and discredit him is, as I say, woeful. If he makes it good on him. You’ll need to find someone else to rage at on a Saturday.

Firstly, we see good players and not so good players every Saturday and there a forums around the country including this one commenting on them. Refs should be no different. 

A couple of hundred fellas at a junior match, as you put it, would have commented that collum and Dallas weren’t good refs at junior football, and I doubt regular watchers of senior football disagree with that assessment. There for as a poster on here (like others who have commented) who watches footballl every week and sees the comparable standard of officials to those who are promoted, then its perfectly right we are entitled to an opinion on if we agree. (Hence why the thread was started 2 years ago)

As for for the second point re not having him to rage at every week, thankful he stepped up 2 seasons ago so haven’t had to ‘rage’ at him for a while. 

On 13/11/2018 at 22:06, superpollok said:

Lol, I’m not sure the stats but I can’t recall being awarded penalties at Beechwood from him, someone will correct me. I said it wouldn’t be a popular opinion but wid always defend refs as they have a thankless tasks and I wouldn’t do their job.  I think it’s good seeing anyone progress regardless if they did or didn’t award us this or that.  

There’s a few refs who will request footage of incidents, after the game and they will review certain decisions or points in the game. I’ve seen some pretty terrible decisions in review footage but there’s a human element involved and fair play to those who want to better themselves.

I don’t know all the examination criteria so not in a position to say who should be promoted or otherwise but that’s why there’s assessors etc and appears to be a lot of hard work involved rather than it being personality based. 

I’d rather have none of them a good ref is someone you don’t really notice during game impossible with mr centre of attraction Napier
I wasn't talking about mr Napier the fella I was quoting was mentioning nick Walsh. I also think Napier is an incompetent look at me individual.

Archived