Marr1

Coefficientwatch

I see 13th and 14th place are still a possibility. What would the difference be between 13th-15th after all the title holders stuff probably push some teams up a round?

Presumably 14th and 15th would get the league winners into q3 of CL and 13th would move the league winners up to the final playoff round.
I don't think it would affect 2nd place in the league at all but not sure about 3rd-5th given the new format. 18th (and some lower countries) got moved up a round in EL this year but they wont be in the EL in 2021...

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

I see 13th and 14th place are still a possibility. What would the difference be between 13th-15th after all the title holders stuff probably push some teams up a round?

Presumably 14th and 15th would get the league winners into q3 of CL and 13th would move the league winners up to the final playoff round.
I don't think it would affect 2nd place in the league at all but not sure about 3rd-5th given the new format. 18th (and some lower countries) got moved up a round in EL this year but they wont be in the EL in 2021...

14th is definitely possible as despite being 3.5 wins ahead, Slavia are unlikely to beat Dortmund and score further points. Denmark will likely remain too far ahead unless Copenhagen somehow don't qualify for the knockout stage.

The access list for the CL doesn't change for 2021-22, so assuming both CL and EL title holders already qualify via their league it would be the same as this season where 14th/15th would be Celtic in QR3 and Rangers in QR2: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2019.html

Not sure how it will work out with the EL and ECL but there will need to be some redistribution as the EL GS space reserved for the ECL title holder won't be filled in the first season.

14th is definitely possible as despite being 3.5 wins ahead, Slavia are unlikely to beat Dortmund and score further points. Denmark will likely remain too far ahead unless Copenhagen somehow don't qualify for the knockout stage.
The access list for the CL doesn't change for 2021-22, so assuming both CL and EL title holders already qualify via their league it would be the same as this season where 14th/15th would be Celtic in QR3 and Rangers in QR2: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2019.html
Not sure how it will work out with the EL and ECL but there will need to be some redistribution as the EL GS space reserved for the ECL title holder won't be filled in the first season.
I think it could still be close with Denmark even if Copenhagen (just) get through. Difficult to predict though.

I think thats us up to 15th place now. 2 CL and 3 EL places up for grabs at the end of the 20/21 season.

Czechs catchable for 14th, two more wins needed.

Cyprus have a team in the last 32, but APOEL are unseeded - we need to better their results to stay just ahead of them.

One of Serbia or Greece will finish 3rd in their CL group and drop down into the last 32, both unlikely to catch us though.

Croatia could get a team into CL knockout and claim the 5 bonus points, which would close the gap to just over a win but again would probably not score any more points.

Switzerland need 7 more wins to catch us, but they only have Basel into the last 32 and Rangers can put Young Boys out with a draw.

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:
2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
2 CL, 1 EL and 2 ECL.

Oh i forgot about that new competition.

I thought they had put reform plans on hold for now?

20 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I think thats us up to 15th place now. 2 CL and 3 EL places up for grabs at the end of the 20/21 season.

2 CL spots is the bit that matters and it's a hideous prospect.

Remember when the Cups got shared around domestically, with some winning their first trophy in generations, while others won their first ever.

Yes that will become unthinkable again as two sides scoop the lot.  It's ever so exciting though, isn't it?

As much as MT's being a knob on this thread, he's absolutely right about two Champions League places. The idea of Rangers 2 stabilising their finances through a couple of qualifying games every season is appalling. It's bad enough that the other lot steadfastly refuse to f**k off and die.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

As much as MT's being a knob on this thread, he's absolutely right about two Champions League places. The idea of Rangers 2 stabilising their finances through a couple of qualifying games every season is appalling. It's bad enough that the other lot steadfastly refuse to f**k off and die.

There's a contradiction in there somewhere.

The reason I'm a 'knob' is that I keep highlighting the problem you recognise, yourself.  You too are clearly something of a knob.

Embrace it, so to speak.

On 29/11/2019 at 18:37, Monkey Tennis said:

2 CL spots is the bit that matters and it's a hideous prospect.

Remember when the Cups got shared around domestically, with some winning their first trophy in generations, while others won their first ever.

Yes that will become unthinkable again as two sides scoop the lot.  It's ever so exciting though, isn't it?

Personally I think the team playing out of ibrox might have an administration in them and will struggle to recover from living within their means.

how would you feel if an Aberdeen or Motherwell (again) got a crack at CL qualifiers? 

18 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

Personally I think the team playing out of ibrox might have an administration in them and will struggle to recover from living within their means.

how would you feel if an Aberdeen or Motherwell (again) got a crack at CL qualifiers? 

He wouldn't feel good about it I doubt. There's more fundamental issues with European prize money and its impact on domestic competition at play than just a different team being given the opportunity to earn it.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

He wouldn't feel good about it I doubt. There's more fundamental issues with European prize money and its impact on domestic competition at play than just a different team being given the opportunity to earn it.

As much as we'd love it, we'd surely pull further away from the others than we have in seasons previous.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

As much as we'd love it, we'd surely pull further away from the others than we have in seasons previous.

That would require being able to get through qualifiers though so Aberdeen have no chance of that moolah.