Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

Sivasspor got beat 4-1 at home by Fiorentina  after losing 1-0 in Florence

Fenerbahce’s 1-0 win against Seville gained two points for Turkey’s coefficient but it wasn’t enough to overturn the 2-0 deficit so that’s the last two points Turkey’s  going to get

so unless uefa change their qualifying methods I think its safe to say that Scotland's champion next season will qualify automatically for the new set up the season after that as only switzerland are left now that can overtake us and that wouldnt be enough to knock us out the top 10.

so thats another guaranteed uefa europa league spot for whoever finishes 3rd too.

10 hours ago, Lionsof67 said:

so unless uefa change their qualifying methods I think its safe to say that Scotland's champion next season will qualify automatically for the new set up the season after that as only switzerland are left now that can overtake us and that wouldnt be enough to knock us out the top 10.

Switzerland are 6.225 points behind Scotland and had four teams in European competition so whatever points Basel get would be divided by 4 meaning Basel would  need 25 more points for Switzerland to catch up

They've only got a maximum of 5 games left so even if they win the conference league winning each tie home and away they're going to come up well short of 25  

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

• 4 months later...
On 29/07/2023 at 11:01, Monkey Tennis said:

Terrible result, but there is that I suppose.

There are odd results all over Europe at this stage

The Swedish teams have had a nightmare

Rosenborg could not beat Crusaders 

Basel lost at home to a team from Kazakhstan

We all moan football is too predictable at times, this is all good.

The system its self while designed to keep the top 4 or 5 the same for ever is also designed to keep the rest of the nations moving up and down for ever.  , where we are is as good as it will get and we will drop back to the early 20s at some point before a recovery again in time.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

Two Scottish (9th) teams beating Swiss opposition (13th) makes it so much sweeter, they’re less than five points behind us. 

Three teams guaranteed group stage fidba too, but how mental would FIVE be

But I think both Hearts and Hibs were unseeded so I think that attracts coefficient goodness 

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

it would involve Hibs having beaten Aston Villa over two legs so pretty mental indeed 

Yeah, I dont think any of us are anything other than clear eyed about this tie 😐

Still going down tho 💪

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Yeah, I dont think any of us are anything other than clear eyed about this tie 😐

Still going down tho 💪

For coefficient purposes Hibs getting gubbed out of sight at home and then with the tie beyond them getting a decent result "on the night" against an understrength Villa side might be the best conceivable outcome

Like when we were utterly outclassed 5-0 by Gareth Bale's Spurs side at Tynecastle but this happened in London