Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

Thanks for that profoundly facile and irrelevant observation.

I think what he’s alluding to is that your level of outrage at the prospect of the gap between the heavyweights and middleweight widening feels odd given that you follow one of the lightweights.

I can’t speak for all hearts fans, never mind other teams, but personally speaking I appreciate your concern for us even if I find it a bit weird

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think what he’s alluding to is that your level of outrage at the prospect of the gap between the heavyweights and middleweight widening feels odd given that you follow one of the lightweights.

I can’t speak for all hearts fans, never mind other teams, but personally speaking I appreciate your concern for us even if I find it a bit weird

It's not even a little bit odd.

What's odd, in fact, is the perception that my outlook is odd.

It's typical of this place though, that people really struggle with the idea that someone's approach to the health of our wider game needn't necessarily be entirely governed by who they support.

My take on Scottish football is that it's blighted by hideous, staggering levels of inequality.  I will happily admit to despising the OF, their power, what they represent to many fans, how they get portrayed in the media and how they behave as institutions.

European club competitions with their profile, wealth and income, contribute to that wild imbalance.  

It's decidedly odd that anyone could claim a concern for our game's wellbeing, yet see things differently.

It's typical of this place though, that people really struggle with the idea that someone's approach to the health of our wider game needn't necessarily be entirely governed by who they support.

My take on Scottish football is that it's blighted by hideous, staggering levels of inequality.  I will happily admit to despising the OF, their power, what they represent to many fans, how they get portrayed in the media and how they behave as institutions.
European club competitions with their profile, wealth and income, contribute to that wild imbalance.  
It's decidedly odd that anyone could claim a concern for our game's wellbeing, yet see things differently.

Sorry for any offense

I just thought that one of the main attractions of following a smaller club would be not actually having to give a toss about these things.

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sorry for any offense

I just thought that one of the main attractions of following a smaller club would be not actually having to give a toss about these things.

No offence taken whatever.

I see supporting a smaller club as the logical extension of rejecting everything that is the OF. 

In a place like Dumfries, despite it being 80 miles from Glasgow, having little tradition of sectarian divide and being home to a second tier side of its own (for now at least), supporting Queens is genuinely seen as fairly eccentric.

I can't tell you how much I resent that.  To me, Queens' rivals aren't Annan, Stranraer or Ayr - it's those OF b*****ds.  They do us more harm that any smaller club ever does.  

A vast income, allied to a vast profile, dictates that mess.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No offence taken whatever.

I see supporting a smaller club as the logical extension of rejecting everything that is the OF. 

In a place like Dumfries, despite it being 80 miles from Glasgow, having little tradition of sectarian divide and being home to a second tier side of its own (for now at least), supporting Queens is genuinely seen as fairly eccentric.

I can't tell you how much I resent that.  To me, Queens' rivals aren't Annan, Stranraer or Ayr - it's those OF b*****ds.  They do us more harm that any smaller club ever does.  

A vast income, allied to a vast profile, dictates that mess.

Absolutely wonderful 

On 31/03/2022 at 20:58, Monkey Tennis said:

Fair enough.

The Cup thing surely carries some weight though.  No?

Yeah maybe. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I do think the 8 million can improve a Hearts side as much as 20 million will improve a Celtic side. They can't compete with Premier League wages either way. Proportionally 8 million is a bigger sum to Hearts than 20 million is to Celtic given Celtic have about 3 or more times the revenue in most other areas. And if you forget about the Old Firm it would just mean you have a better standard of player and can maybe compete with low English Championship clubs for players rather than League One. 

If Rangers win the Europa League, they get a group place in the CL.  Would that mean an extra berth for us (Hearts get the CL spot, 4th the EL spot and 5th and 6th the Conf League spots)

Dont believe so.

Rangers would go into the Groups stage. If they finish 2nd in the league their qualification place will be handed to the next nation in the pecking order. And a reshuffle will filter down through the rankings.

They finish 1st in the league then the grouo stage place will again pass on down the pecking order.

Ideally we want Rangers to finish 2nd and win the EL and Celtic to win the League. And for Villareal not to win the CL.

That way both teams go straight into the CL groups stages and we can all bathe in the tears from Monkey Tennis as he has a full on meltdown.

It’s not odd my point stands is relevant you think theirs a gap and their is and always be down to fan size differences prize money has f**k all to do with it your team could get same prize money at top two and still be shite because your small time your logic won’t change that

8 hours ago, kenrobell said:

It’s not odd my point stands is relevant you think theirs a gap and their is and always be down to fan size differences prize money has f**k all to do with it your team could get same prize money at top two and still be shite because your small time your logic won’t change that

Excuse me.

Can anyone help me with what the above says?  It seems to be addressed to me and it feels rude to not at least try to decipher it.

Many thanks,

MT

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Excuse me.
Can anyone help me with what the above says?  It seems to be addressed to me and it feels rude to not at least try to decipher it.

Many thanks,
MT

He’s suggesting that the scale of the fan base at bigger clubs has more of an impact on overall revenue, and thus purchasing power, than UEFA prize money thus were QOTS or even Hearts to be handed a few million by UEFA it wouldn’t close the gap.

He’s suggesting that you’re daft for focussing on one factor almost to the exclusion of the other, which seems rather harsh given that he appears to be making the same mistake in the opposite direction

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He’s suggesting that the scale of the fan base at bigger clubs has more of an impact on overall revenue, and thus purchasing power, than UEFA prize money thus were QOTS or even Hearts to be handed a few million by UEFA it wouldn’t close the gap.

He’s suggesting that you’re daft for focussing on one factor almost to the exclusion of the other, which seems rather harsh given that he appears to be making the same mistake in the opposite direction

That's the smartest translation since the days of "Charlie says..."

Even if he is trying to say that (let's be honest - his meaning is anyone's guess), it's a kind of stupid response to my post.  I'm not focusing on one part to the exclusion of others at all.  I actually say the European situation "contributes" to the wild inequality in our game.  The reason I mention it here is because it's the subject of this thread. 

I'm not making any "mistake" here at all. 

I await your version of his response with interest.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

5 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
A genuinely despicable sentiment for any diddy fan to express, ever.

That comment was to wind you up and see if you took the bait......... nom nom nom

No it wasn't.

It's how you actually feel.  Your unthinking servile nonsense is all over this thread.