Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There was a time when Aberdeen could and did win League Titles you know - you've probably heard.

Feel free to applaud one of the main factors in such an era departing forever if it pleases you though.

Hard to applaud Fergie leaving when I won’t be born for seven years.

Celtic won nine in a row in the seventies btw…

7 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Hard to applaud Fergie leaving when I won’t be born for seven years.

Celtic won nine in a row in the seventies btw…

So Ferguson was the only factor?  If he'd managed Aberdeen this century, they'd have enjoyed similar success would they?

Celtic's nine in a row straddled the 60s and 70s.  Various clubs came second despite Rangers being ever present in the top flight.  In fact, Rangers finished outside the top three one year.  Winning margins were generally tighter.  In the years just before the run, Dundee and Kilmarnock won titles.  In the years after it ended, Aberdeen and Dundee United won titles.  That period is not comparable to the latest one at all.

Your relative youth may partly explain your willing acceptance of something engineered against you.  However, it doesn't excuse it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Your relative youth may partly explain your willing acceptance of something engineered against you.  However, it doesn't excuse it.

You are the one searching for something that does nae exist Monkey.
The fact Celtic have won 51 titles and rangers/sevco have won 55 (debatable) proves a third force in Scottish football has never existed.
Over one hundred years of titles between two clubs just like the 5 top countries across Europe winning the top prize 58 times out of 66 in it's history.
You my friend are the one making up excuses for the plucky diddies.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are the one searching for something that does nae exist Monkey.
The fact Celtic have won 51 titles and rangers/sevco have won 55 (debatable) proves a third force in Scottish football has never existed.
Over one hundred years of titles between two clubs just like the 5 top countries across Europe winning the top prize 58 times out of 66 in it's history.
You my friend are the one making up excuses for the plucky diddies.

I love the way you just write nonsense, have it successfully challenged, yet keep saying it anyway.

It's sort of endearing.

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

At what point was it successfully challenged?

The points where you claimed nothing has changed.

The reality is that certain clubs at home, and countries in European club competition, used to usually win.  Now they always win, as has been shown to you, but you don't even acknowledge it, never mind accept it.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The points where you claimed nothing has changed.

The reality is that certain clubs at home, and countries in European club competition, used to usually win.  Now they always win, as has been shown to you, but you don't even acknowledge it, never mind accept it.

You said it changed hugely now you are saying it's hardly changed you're not very convincing Monkey? 

35 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You said it changed hugely now you are saying it's hardly changed you're not very convincing Monkey? 

No, I'm still saying it's changed hugely.

All those sides that had slim chances of ultimately winning, now have absolutely none from the outset.

All those year long competitions; all those matches that have been stripped of meaning.   The word 'huge' doesn't actually do the scale of the damage justice.

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, I'm still saying it's changed hugely.

All those sides that had slim chances of ultimately winning, now have absolutely none from the outset.

All those year long competitions; all those matches that have been stripped of meaning.   The word 'huge' doesn't actually do the scale of the damage justice.

So the fact that the same teams and the same countries are still winning through the entire history of the competitions indicates Huge change?
The contradiction is very clear, you always had two chances slim and none Monkey.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So the fact that the same teams and the same countries are still winning through the entire history of the competitions indicates Huge change?
The contradiction is very clear, you always had two chances slim and none Monkey.

As I said, It's quite endearing really.

Bonkers, but perfectly harmless.

3 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Is the winner of the SPFL going straight into the Champs league group stages next season?

Only if the Champions League winner also qualifies via their league. The last time this did not happen was in 2012-13 with Chelsea, and previously 2007-08 with AC Milan.

40 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If Celtic can put a Dutch side out it's like a 6 pointer and hopefully helps to close the gap between the two countries.

Kinda, but AZ are still guaranteed Conference League group stage where they might get more results than if they were in the Europa.

8 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Kinda, but AZ are still guaranteed Conference League group stage where they might get more results than if they were in the Europa.

Are the points the same for a win and draw in the Conference? 

I saw some people posting that the OF will get more points in the EL than the CL, surely that same logic applies to the ECL?