Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

So if I'm getting this correct, if Scotland finishes 11th, whomever wins the league next year will get 30 million Euros for simply making the group stage?
If Scotland finishes 11th in this years coefficient table then the team that wins the league next year is very likely to be guaranteed a CL group place for 22/23. Technically 10th guarantees it but 11th usually gets in too if the CL winner has already qualified through their domestic league.
The financial side depends if you're the only Scottish club to qualify for the group stages. If both 1st and 2nd qualify for it then I think the TV money would be split.
Celtic got €31m in 2017 and €34m in 2018. Presumably the TV money figure has went up a bit since but I think UEFA are also reducing payouts by 4% for a while due to covid.

12 hours ago, edinabear said:

Scottish football would be in the absolute gutter if it wasn't for Sevco this year 

Nice to see you blaming Scottish fitba, when you are doing shite in Europe, and then when you do actually start to produce some great results, rather than thanking the rest of the league teams, you have a go at them.

Never change ye *** c**t!

31 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Nice to see you blaming Scottish fitba, when you are doing shite in Europe, and then when you do actually start to produce some great results, rather than thanking the rest of the league teams, you have a go at them.

That's some seriously pointless rage.

errrrrr.gif.c66b06af4fb1dc91bd19d65622a57a57.gif

11 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Sevco is here for 10 in a row. 🍀🇮🇪🇵🇸

On 11/12/2020 at 03:51, charger29 said:

If Scotland finishes 11th in this years coefficient table then the team that wins the league next year is very likely to be guaranteed a CL group place for 22/23. Technically 10th guarantees it but 11th usually gets in too if the CL winner has already qualified through their domestic league.
The financial side depends if you're the only Scottish club to qualify for the group stages. If both 1st and 2nd qualify for it then I think the TV money would be split.
Celtic got €31m in 2017 and €34m in 2018. Presumably the TV money figure has went up a bit since but I think UEFA are also reducing payouts by 4% for a while due to covid.

Appreciate it.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, G51 said:

Getting tight between us, the Austrians and the Ukrainians. 

Really need a win next week.

We'd just about need to get to the final to overtake Austria. Need to hope Keiv get put out, then we need to match Shakhtar's performance to stay ahead of Ukraine. 

2 minutes ago, andy-500 said:

We'd just about need to get to the final to overtake Austria. Need to hope Keiv get put out, then we need to match Shakhtar's performance to stay ahead of Ukraine. 

Yeah I misread it as 32.825 rather than 35.

Straight shootout between us and the Ukrainians then. 

21 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah I misread it as 32.825 rather than 35.

Straight shootout between us and the Ukrainians then. 

Would you take Shaktar in the next round?

I wouldn't back against rangers in Europe, they seem to go up 2-3 extra gears.

7 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Would you take Shaktar in the next round?

I wouldn't back against rangers in Europe, they seem to go up 2-3 extra gears.

I’m still on a high from last night, so I’ll take anyone tbh.

I honestly don’t know what kind of team Shakhtar have got these days, so I don’t know. I assume they’re still littered with great Brazilian players that never actually get capped.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

I’m still on a high from last night, so I’ll take anyone tbh.

I honestly don’t know what kind of team Shakhtar have got these days, so I don’t know. I assume they’re still littered with great Brazilian players that never actually get capped.

Shouldn't be saying anyone as there are still some incredible teams in the Europa league 32, that I think even teams in the last 32 of the Champions league would maybe not look forward to playing. 

As to Shaktar a quick look and I can confirm 11 Brazilians in their squad and as you said plenty with U17, u20 and U23 national team experience but none seem to make the step up. probably still fantastic plyers.

3 minutes ago, Lothiangamer said:

Shouldn't be saying anyone as there are still some incredible teams in the Europa league 32, that I think even teams in the last 32 of the Champions league would maybe not look forward to playing. 

As to Shaktar a quick look and I can confirm 11 Brazilians in their squad and as you said plenty with U17, u20 and U23 national team experience but none seem to make the step up. probably still fantastic plyers.

There are some great teams still left in it. Teams Id definitely want to avoid are Spurs, Man Utd, AC Milan, Leicester and probably Granada and Roma too. I’d take a crack at anyone else.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

No need to thank us,  just doing our bit.

Makes up for your solitary point contributed to the total in 16/17 and 17/18! ;)

A draw in the next round would equal our highest ever 5 year coefficient total from 07/08.

Ukraine still have one team in (possibly a second depending on Dynamo Kiev's result) so it's Rangers v Shakhtar for an automatic CL group stage place for next season's Premiership winners.

We'll also start next season's campaign ahead of Austria, currently in 8th: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2022.html

Edited by Ginaro

39 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Makes up for your solitary point contributed to the total in 16/17 and 17/18! ;)

A draw in the next round would equal our highest ever 5 year coefficient total from 07/08.

Ukraine still have one team in (possibly a second depending on Dynamo Kiev's result) so it's Rangers v Shakhtar for an automatic CL group stage place for next season's Premiership winners.

We'll also start next season's campaign ahead of Austria, currently in 8th: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2022.html

If Celtic had actually done something this season Scotland would easily be in 8th. Sigh.