Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

21 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s big for Rangers/Celtic as it gives them a guaranteed Champs League group spot but as a Hibs fan as far as I’m concerned, the main thing is being 15th or below as that’s where we get an extra European Place for 3rd-5th (providing one for the Glasgow cheeks win the cup).

Depends what your motives for caring is really. 

Thanks.

Ukraine now with two teams in the CL group stage and another in the EL GS, puts them back up to 11th. Even if Celtic and Rangers make it through then it'll be tough to catch them.

Denmark with Midtjylland in the CL GS so they close the gap behind us due to the bonus points, but might struggle to add more points.

The important games tomorrow featuring countries around us are: Sporting v LASK, Copenhagen v Rijeka, AEK Athens v Wolfsburg, Slovan Liberec v APOEL, and of course Rangers v Galatasaray.

On 29/09/2020 at 20:47, Monkey Tennis said:

You keep doing this.  I'm not actually experiencing pain.  

I was jokingly summoned, then responded by light heartedly conforming to type.

I don't think you read well.

You and I know the disparity is your main concern with Celtic getting to the group stages of the champions league.
This thread is not just about the dosh in the game it's about the Scottish leagues place across Europe and how it compares and competes on the same level.
I would have no problem if the SPFL put in place a share of the tv dosh made from European football on top of the solidarity payment made from group stage football.
15% or 20% would seem reasonable to the rest of the clubs in the top flight as Celtic are the ones doing all the work.  

Edited by wastecoatwilly

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You and I know the disparity is your main certain with Celtic getting to the group stages of the champions league.
This thread is not just about the dosh in the game it's about the Scottish leagues place across Europe and how it compares and competes on the same level.
I would have no problem if the SPFL put in place a share of the tv dosh made from European football on top of the solidarity payment made from group stage football.
15% or 20% would seem reasonable to the rest of the clubs in the top flight as Celtic are the ones doing all the work.  

In what sense are Celtic "doing all the work"?

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You and I know the disparity is your main concern with Celtic getting to the group stages of the champions league.

You like your football to be wildly lopsided in favour of you're team Willie - we all know this.

I don't like my football that way, primarily because I'm not a child.

It rather helps that Dundalk are somehow playing a Faroes team in the play off round. I very much doubt they would have beaten Sporting Lisbon. Or Hapoel Beer Sheva who won tonight to head into the Group stage. 

Edited by welldaft

It rather helps that Dundalk are somehow playing a Faroes team in the play off round. I very much doubt they would have beaten Sporting Lisbon. Or Hapoel Beer Sheva who won tonight to head into the Group stage. 

They had to play teams from Moldova, Andorra and the Faeroe Islands to get through

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

They had to play teams from Moldova, Andorra and the Faeroe Islands to get through

No wonder they qualified then. 

On 25/09/2020 at 08:53, charger29 said:

If the aim is 12th and another year of guaranteed group spots for 2022-23 it's massive.
If Rangers win it's (likely) 2 vs 2 against Turkish teams in the GS. Seems possible, if not likely, we would catch up due to Turkey having a divisor of 5 and fairly average teams too. If Galatasaray win it's likely 3 vs 1 in Turkey's favour and we get nowhere near 12th.

We really have timed this move up the table perfectly for the next few seasons.

An Accies fan writes:

20201001_220141.jpg

24 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I know. 3 teams with a combined coefficient of a third of that of Sporting Lisbon. Good luck to Dundalk but the Champions path is a hell of a lot easier than the main path. 

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if it has been linked to before, but I’ve found out a decent wee account that highlights Scotland’s coefficient goings-on pretty well.

Similar content to the @UefaCalculator account but bespoke info for Scotland.