Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

12 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Yes, our already most bloated clubs will have a chance to extend their profile and income yet further.
That's definitely worth mindlessly celebrating.

Another week. More greetin'. Your tears are delicious

I've not been on for ages.  I just think it's important to periodically remind the breathless wee dafties on here of just what it is that has them clapping their little hands.

Do you honestly think it's great when our hopelessly imbalanced game gets further distorted, or do you prefer just to trot out daft wee phrases you've seen others use, because it gives you a sense of belonging, and prevents you from having to do any of that tricky thinking stuff?

16 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've not been on for ages.  I just think it's important to periodically remind the breathless wee dafties on here of just what it is that has them clapping their little hands.

Do you honestly think it's great when our hopelessly imbalanced game gets further distorted, or do you prefer just to trot out daft wee phrases you've seen others use, because it gives you a sense of belonging, and prevents you from having to do any of that tricky thinking stuff?

Your debate is with Uefa Monkey not the clubs that participate.

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your debate is with Uefa Monkey not the clubs that participate.

It's actually both.

UEFA have only acquiesced in having their competitions turned into mockeries due to pressure from the biggest clubs. 

I'm past objecting to that though.  I do, however, lack patience with Scots who witlessly welcome the domestic damage.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's actually both.

UEFA have only acquiesced in having their competitions turned into mockeries due to pressure from the biggest clubs. 

I'm past objecting to that though.  I do, however, lack patience with Scots who witlessly welcome the domestic damage.

There is a chance for next season the 3rd placed team gets European football until Christmas.

On 08/11/2021 at 17:42, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, our already most bloated clubs will have a chance to extend their profile and income yet further.

That's definitely worth mindlessly celebrating.

Celtic and Rangers will make the group stages most seasons anyway, regardless of the coefficient or what qualifying round they start in. Other clubs in Scotland won't. But if the coefficient can stay where it is, then it means the third place teams will also be guaranteed group stage football and the money it brings. I don't know the exact figures but I think the Europa League and Conference League prize money is fairly similar. 

With a bad coefficient, Celtic and Rangers get to the groups anyway and no one else does. With a good coefficient Celtic, Rangers and one other team get to the groups and get similar prize money. So having a bad coefficient could actually widen the gap more than a good coefficient. 

If we were in this coefficient position this time last season, then Ali McCann or Jason Kerr might still be at St Johnstone today, as they'd have an extra 3 or 4 million pounds in the bank from playing in the Conference League groups. 

Edited by Antony

There is a chance for next season the 3rd placed team gets European football until Christmas.
Wonderful, so the best paid people at work get a 10% bonus, while some get 3% and everyone else zero.

Yes, those at the top arguably do the most important work, but everyone's grafting just as hard for the betterment of Scottish football. This sort of distribution is detrimental to that.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Wonderful, so the best paid people at work get a 10% bonus, while some get 3% and everyone else zero.

Yes, those at the top arguably do the most important work, but everyone's grafting just as hard for the betterment of Scottish football. This sort of distribution is detrimental to that.

If one team gets to the Champions league group stages,the whole league gets a solidarity payment.
The higher we get in the coefficient table the better it is for the league.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If one team gets to the Champions league group stages,the whole league gets a solidarity payment.
The higher we get in the coefficient table the better it is for the league.

"If my club gets £10,000,000 and your club gets £500,000 that's better for the league. It doesn't increase our spending power over your club honest. You might even get to the final of the League Cup"

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Not if you want to win trophies it's not and that is something most clubs want to do. We aren't all Falkirk

St Johnstone did pretty well last season plus Hearts are doing a decent job of keeping pace this season.
The more teams that make the group stages the better the league gets.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

St Johnstone did pretty well last season plus Hearts are doing a decent job of keeping pace this season.
The more teams that make the group stages the better the league gets.

Hearts aer doing well to keep pace this season. Will be a lot more difficult for them next season when the difference in income between them and Celtic and Rangers gets even bigger after another European run for both teams. 

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Hearts aer doing well to keep pace this season. Will be a lot more difficult for them next season when the difference in income between them and Celtic and Rangers gets even bigger after another European run for both teams. 

It's not about getting the dosh it's about how they spend it,have you seen the latest figures M8.
It's up to hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen and Dundee utd to get to the group stages so they can spend it wisely.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Agree. Every club should work within their own means. But asking other clubs to cheer on their rivals for increasing the financial chasm between them, just because it slightly increases the gap between them and the league below, is mind boggling. 

It's the crumb from the table or out on the street M8, every club wants their piece of pie.