Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

Are the points the same for a win and draw in the Conference? 
I saw some people posting that the OF will get more points in the EL than the CL, surely that same logic applies to the ECL?

Points are the same but the conference has less bonus points for the winners/runners up positions in the groups.

10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If Celtic can put a Dutch side out it's like a 6 pointer and hopefully helps to close the gap between the two countries.

Celtic going through is probably not a good thing for the coefficient. They could top their group in the Conference League depending on who they get in Pot 2. Looking at the Europa League groups I think Celtic would probably finish bottom. 

14 hours ago, ahemps said:

Are the points the same for a win and draw in the Conference? 

I saw some people posting that the OF will get more points in the EL than the CL, surely that same logic applies to the ECL?

Yes all group stages are 2 for a win and 1 for a draw. https://kassiesa.net/uefa/calc.html

More bonus points available for CL and EL than ECL though.

14 hours ago, Buckets said:

Celtic going through is probably not a good thing for the coefficient. They could top their group in the Conference League depending on who they get in Pot 2. Looking at the Europa League groups I think Celtic would probably finish bottom. 

From a poster on kassiesa.net - here's the projected pots for the EL and ECL. Doubt they'd finish bottom but it's definitely harder than the Conference.

When when you compare the pots to last season: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2020–21_UEFA_Europa_League&oldid=981376372#Group_stage - of course it had 12 more teams, so the weaker teams have dropped out and the pots are a lot stronger.

Aberdeen (7.500) or St Johnstone (6.675) would surely be ECL pot 3 which would prove useful in helping to pick up some results.

E9BeVvJWUAMTHP6?format=jpg&name=small

E9OOP9DWEAU55Wr?format=jpg&name=small

On 19/08/2021 at 05:31, AmericanFan said:

so hopefully Rangers/Aberdeen/SJ can combine for two wins and a tie.

I think this neatly captures the levels of understanding evident from the Coefficient Wankers.

At least this guy has an excuse though.

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Yes all group stages are 2 for a win and 1 for a draw. https://kassiesa.net/uefa/calc.html

From a poster on kassiesa.net - here's the projected pots for the EL and ECL. Doubt they'd finish bottom but it's definitely harder than the Conference.

When when you compare the pots to last season: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2020–21_UEFA_Europa_League&oldid=981376372#Group_stage - of course it had 12 more teams, so the weaker teams have dropped out and the pots are a lot stronger.

Aberdeen (7.500) or St Johnstone (6.675) would surely be ECL pot 3 which would prove useful in helping to pick up some results.

Should we overcome LASK i honestly don't fear any of those teams in pot 2 and 4. 

A lot can change in a week and whether we can finish the job off next week is the big unknown.

Am I right in thinking that if you make the Group Stages each win and draw counts as 2 and 1 point respectively towards your club coefficient. So the Dons are currently slated to be on 9.000 for next season but were we to make the groups and get say, two wins, we'd be on 13.000. Or am I Havering?

Edited by 10menwent2mow

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Am I right in thinking that if you make the Group Stages each win and draw counts as 2 and 1 point respectively towards your club coefficient. So the Dons are currently slated to be on 9.000 for next season but were we to make the groups and get say, two wins, we'd be on 13.000. Or am I Havering?

Reaching the ECL GS adds 2.500 minimum to the club coefficient. However it is not cumulative so it would not be 2.5+4 for two wins, it would just be 4 added to the total instead of 2.5. So Aberdeen would end the season on 11.500. https://kassiesa.net/uefa/calc.html

Just now, 10menwent2mow said:

Right I see. So if you reach the group stage get 2 draws or one win then you'd only get the 2.5 for reaching the group stages?

Correct, unless you get 3 match points you go away with your 2.5.

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Scotland is competing with the Netherlands for coefficients. Looking at this who is likely to add more points to their countries total, Feyenoord and AZ or the OF?

2 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Scotland is competing with the Netherlands for coefficients. Looking at this who is likely to add more points to their countries total, Feyenoord and AZ or the OF?

We may be 1 position behind them but I'm not sure we really are "competing" with the Dutch, they are 4.5 group stage wins ahead and could end up with 5 teams in the GS versus our 2. 

More realistic that we try to avoid being caught by Russia and Austria imo.

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I don't see Celtic or Rangers finishing above any of those teams in Pot 1 or 3. Malmo are probably the weakest and they just saw off Rangers. Even the pot 4 sides look good. 

On 21/08/2021 at 02:26, Buckets said:

I don't see Celtic or Rangers finishing above any of those teams in Pot 1 or 3. Malmo are probably the weakest and they just saw off Rangers. Even the pot 4 sides look good. 

I thought the same the past 2 seasons about Rangers but they have outperformed in Europe, finishing above Benfica last season and Young Boys and Feyenoord the year before was surprising. Celtic topped a group with Lazio in it 2 years ago as well so it's foolish to write them off.

Still 8th but Austria have closed the gap to just 0.150 with RB Salzburg getting to the CL GS.

They are also likely to have two clubs in the EL GS - St Johnstone v LASK is a massive game for the coefficient as a win for the Saints would mean we both have three clubs.

Thank goodness for the old firm I guess. All three of our other teams out before the end of August, again.
Even a new competition that looked sure to give at least one of them group stage European nights till Christmas wasn’t enough help.

Thank goodness for the old firm I guess. All three of our other teams out before the end of August, again.
Even a new competition that looked sure to give at least one of them group stage European nights till Christmas wasn’t enough help.
To be fair St Johnstone have done as good as we can expect of them. No shame in them going out at this stage.

Aberdeen..... FFS. typical. Losing Andy C last week didnt help but should be doing much better.

Hibs. Were in it but once Darren McGregor decided to be a fud and get sent off they just went off a cliff.

Going to be tough for both Rangers and Celtic too as both look extremely weak in defence.

Austria moved ahead with 3 wins to our draw. Think it's going to be difficult to keep up with them due to the difference in teams - target needs to be to stay top 11 which is achievable (Serbia on 26.875). A lot will depend on tomorrow's EL GS draw, top 3 in each group drop down into the ECL knockouts v 2nd in ECL GS so that should be the minimum for Celtic and Rangers.

eq
Netherlands 2.900 8.600 9.400 9.200 3.400 33.500 5/ 5
up
Austria 9.750 6.200 5.800 6.700 3.200 31.650 4/ 5
dn
Scotland 4.000 6.750 9.750 8.500 2.300 31.300 2/ 5
dn
Russia 12.600 7.583 4.666 4.333 1.500 30.682 3/ 5
eq
Ukraine 8.000 5.600 7.200 6.800 2.600 30.200 3/ 5

2 hours ago, Lex said:

That would be fair enough if we didn't draw Galatasaray then a team with 10x our budget who have comprehensively beaten the likes of Sporting Lisbon, PSV, Basel, AZ and Rosenborg in recent seasons.