Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

All jokes aside. I think its great that Rangers got knocked out as they stand a far better chance of earning more wins in the Europa League/Conference this season.

The more wins add more points to the table. With luck we can have at least 1 more team in the groups this year to boost it further

The prospect of have 3 teams in the Groups is not far off and that will be good for all teams involved. Other clubs will get extra cash as a result too through solidarity payments.

Mon the Coefficient.

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

All jokes aside. I think its great that Rangers got knocked out as they stand a far better chance of earning more wins in the Europa League/Conference this season.

The more wins add more points to the table. With luck we can have at least 1 more team in the groups this year to boost it further

The prospect of have 3 teams in the Groups is not far off and that will be good for all teams involved. Other clubs will get extra cash as a result too through solidarity payments.

Mon the Coefficient.

Need to stay in 9th to have three teams in a group stage, though next season in 11th the cup winners/3rd will be guaranteed ECL GS unlike this season. 

If both OF get to the Europa League group stage again, get a few wins and progress to the knockouts it'll be much more profitable for the coefficient than if they qualified for the Champions League (whilst not banking as much money).

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is a Champions League win not worth more than one in the Europa? Seems silly if not.

In coefficient points, no. But you get 4 bonus points for getting to the CL GS. So you need at least two wins in the EL or ECL to make up for that.

In terms of money, yes, much more. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wahay!

The Coefficient Wankers spent ages hoping we could get 2 CL sides, despite the obvious damage it does to our game.

It's wonderful to see neither get near the group stages.

Sorry to disappoint you but Rangers dropping into the Europa is good news for the coefficient. They will pick up a lot more points in the Europa League than the Champions League and will probably get to the Knockouts. And more bad news, next year there is going to be a third team in the group stages. The Scottish Cup winner/3rd place team goes into the Europa play-off. So even if they lose they go onto the Conference League groups. 

6 hours ago, Buckets said:

Sorry to disappoint you but Rangers dropping into the Europa is good news for the coefficient. They will pick up a lot more points in the Europa League than the Champions League and will probably get to the Knockouts. And more bad news, next year there is going to be a third team in the group stages. The Scottish Cup winner/3rd place team goes into the Europa play-off. So even if they lose they go onto the Conference League groups. 

How does that dent the point I was making?

Cause getting 2 teams to CL group stages wasnt the main aim.

It was having teams in the Europe up until xmas in the CL and EL (and the EC now)

1 or 2 teams in the CL groups is a bonus but will gladly accept teams only getting to EL and EC groups if it means more teams getting the chance.

Going from 4 to 5 teans is great for Scotland. More chances for a team outside the 2 arse cheeks to make it to the groups.

Your narrow minded view is on them 2 making the CL groups and the money they will earn.

Whilst we look on on how a higher Coefficient will help the other sides get to the group stages and let others experience European football more often. What round. Who they could play. Etc.

Mon the Coefficient.

8 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

I noticed that a few of the teams knocked out in last nights CL qualifiers go straight into the EL groups e.g. FC Midtjylland, Genk, Sparta Prague, Spartak Moscow.  Is that because their national co-efficient is higher than ours?

Difference between League Path and Champions Path

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Cause getting 2 teams to CL group stages wasnt the main aim.

It was having teams in the Europe up until xmas in the CL and EL (and the EC now)

1 or 2 teams in the CL groups is a bonus but will gladly accept teams only getting to EL and EC groups if it means more teams getting the chance.

Going from 4 to 5 teans is great for Scotland. More chances for a team outside the 2 arse cheeks to make it to the groups.

Your narrow minded view is on them 2 making the CL groups and the money they will earn.

Whilst we look on on how a higher Coefficient will help the other sides get to the group stages and let others experience European football more often. What round. Who they could play. Etc.

Mon the Coefficient.

Whether or not it was the "main aim", it was certainly the main outcome in terms of its potential impact.

The tiny wee bonus of an extra side getting to paddle in the diddiest of ponds for a wee while, is wildly overtaken by the damage of hugely exacerbating the gross imbalance that already strangles such sides in their legitimate week to week ambitions.

It's really not my difficulty if the Coefficient Wankers are too myopic to see it.

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Because I'm not sure the coefficient wankers were actually hoping Rangers got to the Champions League groups. They would probably have finished bottom or 3rd in the group and not picked up many points. In the Europa League they will probably win the playoff home and away and have a good chance of getting to the knockouts and picking up more points. The same with Celtic. They will pick up more points in the Conference League than in the Champions League. 

And this means we keep 5 teams in Europe in future and will have a 3rd club in the groups. 

Because I'm not sure the coefficient wankers were actually hoping Rangers got to the Champions League groups. They would probably have finished bottom or 3rd in the group and not picked up many points. In the Europa League they will probably win the playoff home and away and have a good chance of getting to the knockouts and picking up more points. The same with Celtic. They will pick up more points in the Conference League than in the Champions League. 
And this means we keep 5 teams in Europe in future and will have a 3rd club in the groups. 
But but but Rangers..... but but but Celtic...... but but but they will get too much money and will distort Scottish football and dominate for years
..... but but but who cares what happens to the other clubs, any money they make will be nothing.....

18 minutes ago, Buckets said:

So the Coefficient Wankers weren't hoping for the likeliest upshot of their cheerleading to materialise?

They're a stranger bunch than I'd realised.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So the Coefficient Wankers weren't hoping for the likeliest upshot of their cheerleading to materialise?

I think the coefficient wankers want the most coefficient points for Scotland as possible. Rangers dropping into the Europa will probably produce more coefficient points for Scotland. Therefore Rangers dropping out of the Champions League is good news for the coefficient wankers. Simple :)

Edited by Buckets

28 minutes ago, Buckets said:

I think the coefficient wankers want the most coefficient points for Scotland as possible. Rangers dropping into the Europa will probably produce more coefficient points for Scotland. Therefore Rangers dropping out of the Champions League is good news for the coefficient wankers. Simple :)

So is the Wankerdom an end in itself?

This is a fascinating cult.

25 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
38 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I would rather be a Coefficient w****r than a Greetin' Faced c**t

Nah, this is better.