Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

14 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

If basle were to win the Europa would that lose the top 15

Chances of that are somewhere between zero and f**k all. They are a decent side when on form but have been incredibly inconsistent this season. I am surprised they have made it as far as they have to be honest.

Yeah I just meant one tie to win for any group stage football. The conference league will be interesting to see the difficulty of the qualifiers.
Someone on the kassiesa forums made a spreadsheet of what EL2 would look like if it was used for the 20/21 season. If you're on a phone click the wee white square at the top right of the sheet and click el2. Some decent teams in there.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4FE4712A1E3EA4FA!293&ithint=file%2Cxlsx&authkey=!ADkGldrPjJ1UdUc

21 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Does it really matter where Scotland sits? Just means the gruesome twosome get even more money if we move up?

20 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Exactly, who cares

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Celtic and Rangers making a fortune harms everyone except Celtic and Rangers. 

9 hours ago, nsr said:

That means pretty much hee haw if the financial gap between Bigots FCs and the rest continues to grow.

What fresh fascinating opinions you lot have brought to this thread, something of which has not been discussed before.

Seriously even Monkey Tennis has managed to bore himself out of this. I accept the merits of a boosted coefficient has split opinions and get both sides but lets just discuss the literal matters at hand rather than bringing up the usual boring debate again.

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

What fresh fascinating opinions you lot have brought to this thread, something of which has not been discussed before.

Seriously even Monkey Tennis has managed to bore himself out of this. I accept the merits of a boosted coefficient has split opinions and get both sides but lets just discuss the literal matters at hand rather than bringing up the usual boring debate again.

I was quoting a poster who said an increased coefficient is beneficial for a set of non Old Firm teams. I don't agree with him and replied on an open forum.

47 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I was quoting a poster who said an increased coefficient is beneficial for a set of non Old Firm teams. I don't agree with him and replied on an open forum.

I get your point. At no point did I say that overall its beneficial to other Scottish teams. I mentioned a positive of it but I can totally see why (on balance) that people wouldn't be happy with it. There's positive and negatives from that perspective but definitely makes sense that on balance you wouldn't be happy with it.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

They are discussing the literal matter at hand, which is that  2 CL spots would be disastrous.

They're even explaining why.

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

........And the bore and bigot have arrived.

I bid this thread good day.

What a pathetic approach.  

Imagine only wanting the thread populated by those as myopic or self serving in their stances as yourself.  

Embarrassing stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What a pathetic approach.  

Imagine only wanting the thread populated by those as myopic or self serving in their stances as yourself.  

Embarrassing stuff. 

I have already said I understand peoples views in regards to a Monopoly/duopoly but it has been done to death on this thread, there is no point reigniting it as all points are much the same regurgitated ones on both sides. Just think it would be best leaving the thread to the actual coefficient outcome in terms of places being discussed, whether its a good thing or bad thing for Scottish football its already been spoken about over and over.

Just now, gannonball said:

I have already said I understand peoples views in regards to a Monopoly/duopoly but it has been done to death on this thread, there is no point reigniting it as all points are much the same regurgitated ones on both sides. Just think it would be best leaving the thread to the actual coefficient outcome in terms of places being discussed, whether its a good thing or bad thing for Scottish football its already been spoken about over and over.

And it continues to be utterly relevant.

Most of those posting about the minutiae of the calculations are clearly posting in the hope that 'progress' is made.  Their positions are no more neutral or dispassionate than mine.  

It's therefore perfectly legitimate to question what the Impact of an improved coefficient would be.  It's also legitimate to keep doing it, if the alternative narrative is also repeatedly pushed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAVIDB69

Probably not hugely relevant with doubts as it if and when this seasons tournaments finish but results going against us tonight for top 15 placing

9 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Probably not hugely relevant with doubts as it if and when this seasons tournaments finish but results going against us tonight for top 15 placing

Good.

As you say though, it might not matter.  Does anyone have any insight as to what the coefficient picture would be, if European club football now grinds to a halt for the season?

Good.
As you say though, it might not matter.  Does anyone have any insight as to what the coefficient picture would be, if European club football now grinds to a halt for the season?
If no conclusion is reached I assume all those points gained will be wiped from the record books.

• 3 months later...

Unless UEFA clarify a bit more about quali coefficient points it seems like the new format will negatively affect Scotland in 20/21.
Thr potential points seem to have been halved with single leg ties for every round other than CL playoff rd. I saw someone on the kassiesa forums suggesting giving an imaginary 0-0 draw for the all non played legs. This would at least give some points back to teams in quali. Still shite though.