Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Sounds like some of the folks that register as limited company contractors, very prevalent in the N.Sea oil & gas industry - maybe the Cypriot version of the IR35 rule is about to catch up with them too........

Approximately the same set up, but on steroids.

ETA: That is before considering their equally laughable approach to disclosure on final beneficiaries. Given the way some South American players contracts are done, with people part owning rights and all the rest, I can imagine that Cyprus would be a great place to send a player if you didn't want folk knowing who was benefiting from the money he earned.

Edited by Ross.

Just now, TavTastic said:

12th spot would be very decent for 3rd to 5th space then.

That should be the aim for next season, we're just a bit too far away from Austria etc. 13th is the highest we could realistically finish this season.

I think we'll be looking at Ukraine who will lose 9.8pts at the start of next season, whilst we only lose 3pts. But we need to have 3 teams in Europe next season to realistically catch them.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:27, honestly united said:

15-17 the champions get 3 bites at the cherry, Lose in CL round 2 you go to EL round 3, then lose that your into confernece round 4

And this is the sort of corrupt set up, the fools on here fetishise with their daft wee sums.

• 2 weeks later...

I see 13th and 14th place are still a possibility. What would the difference be between 13th-15th after all the title holders stuff probably push some teams up a round?

Presumably 14th and 15th would get the league winners into q3 of CL and 13th would move the league winners up to the final playoff round.
I don't think it would affect 2nd place in the league at all but not sure about 3rd-5th given the new format. 18th (and some lower countries) got moved up a round in EL this year but they wont be in the EL in 2021...

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

I see 13th and 14th place are still a possibility. What would the difference be between 13th-15th after all the title holders stuff probably push some teams up a round?

Presumably 14th and 15th would get the league winners into q3 of CL and 13th would move the league winners up to the final playoff round.
I don't think it would affect 2nd place in the league at all but not sure about 3rd-5th given the new format. 18th (and some lower countries) got moved up a round in EL this year but they wont be in the EL in 2021...

14th is definitely possible as despite being 3.5 wins ahead, Slavia are unlikely to beat Dortmund and score further points. Denmark will likely remain too far ahead unless Copenhagen somehow don't qualify for the knockout stage.

The access list for the CL doesn't change for 2021-22, so assuming both CL and EL title holders already qualify via their league it would be the same as this season where 14th/15th would be Celtic in QR3 and Rangers in QR2: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2019.html

Not sure how it will work out with the EL and ECL but there will need to be some redistribution as the EL GS space reserved for the ECL title holder won't be filled in the first season.

14th is definitely possible as despite being 3.5 wins ahead, Slavia are unlikely to beat Dortmund and score further points. Denmark will likely remain too far ahead unless Copenhagen somehow don't qualify for the knockout stage.
The access list for the CL doesn't change for 2021-22, so assuming both CL and EL title holders already qualify via their league it would be the same as this season where 14th/15th would be Celtic in QR3 and Rangers in QR2: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2019.html
Not sure how it will work out with the EL and ECL but there will need to be some redistribution as the EL GS space reserved for the ECL title holder won't be filled in the first season.
I think it could still be close with Denmark even if Copenhagen (just) get through. Difficult to predict though.

Czechs catchable for 14th, two more wins needed.

Cyprus have a team in the last 32, but APOEL are unseeded - we need to better their results to stay just ahead of them.

One of Serbia or Greece will finish 3rd in their CL group and drop down into the last 32, both unlikely to catch us though.

Croatia could get a team into CL knockout and claim the 5 bonus points, which would close the gap to just over a win but again would probably not score any more points.

Switzerland need 7 more wins to catch us, but they only have Basel into the last 32 and Rangers can put Young Boys out with a draw.

Edited by Ginaro