Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

These are truly great days for the Coefficient Wankers.

The OF playing in European groups while hammering everyone at home.  Just what the simpering fools dream of as a healthy vision of our game.

I salute your indefatigability.

19 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

These are truly great days for the Coefficient Wankers.

The OF playing in European groups while hammering everyone at home.  Just what the simpering fools dream of as a healthy vision of our game.

I'm always delighted to see them papped out the Champions league but the Europa league not too bothered. The payout for competing is monkey nuts in the Europa is it not?

8 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I'm always delighted to see them papped out the Champions league but the Europa league not too bothered. The payout for competing is monkey nuts in the Europa is it not?

The sums are much smaller, but they're still significant.  Meanwhile, the media get further excuse and licence to fawn over them, causing the weak willed and the gormless to flock to the clubs.  All part of the same self serving circle that many of this thread's posters join.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The sums are much smaller, but they're still significant.  Meanwhile, the media get further excuse and licence to fawn over them, causing the weak willed and the gormless to flock to the clubs.  All part of the same self serving circle that many of this thread's posters join.

I'm a bit like Falcon Roar in that I don't mind them being in the Europa League.  The money they get isn't enough to make much difference to their squads.

I'd love to see a 5th Scottish team in Europe again, because it's a great experience for the fans and players.

Edited by bendan

• 2 weeks later...

Double whammy with Rangers' late defeat as it allowed Switzerland to close the gap slightly behind, still six behind though.

We're now one win behind Croatia - will surely catch them as they only have Zagreb.

Two wins behind Serbia after both Red Star and Partizan won, Umar Sadiq scoring twice for the latter!

Closed the gap to Cyprus and Greece, 2.5 more wins than those countries needed and they only have one club each.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Basel and YB both won tonight.

Yep but their wins are worth 0.400 each so only gained 0.050 on us tonight.

Must say that Porto showed why they are in the Europa League this season, didn't look anything special against Rangers.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Yep but their wins are worth 0.400 each so only gained 0.050 on us tonight.

Agreed., it's unlikely they'll finish above Scotland.

As I just said on another thread, we're now less than a win and a draw behind Greece who have only Olympiacos remaining (0.4 win, 0.2 draw). Their remaining games are Bayern Munich away, Spurs away and CZ at home. The OF have tough away games in Rotterdam and Rome  but can beat anyone at home.

Wasn't expecting the gap to close so quickly. I thought Apoel would consistently put points on the board and be a relatively comfortable 2nd place. Now they're bottom of their group at the half way point.

I believe Scotland moved up to 14th for the 2021 ranking as well. Will probably start next season (the 2021 rankings) from 13th given the current trend of results.

• 2 weeks later...