Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

I don’t mind people wanting the coefficient raised, although I don’t particularly care myself.

But can people please stop pretending they want it up for the good of Scottish football. They want it up so their teams route into the groups is made easier. Nothing wrong with that, just stop the bollocks.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t mind people wanting the coefficient raised, although I don’t particularly care myself.

But can people please stop pretending they want it up for the good of Scottish football. They want it up so their teams route into the groups is made easier. Nothing wrong with that, just stop the bollocks.

For me the coefficient is a way of comparing leagues across Europe,it's nothing to do with dosh in the game it has everything to do with results between clubs from different countries.
You can separate the business side of the game from the footballing side,Burnley put Aberdeen out but the points Aberdeen got lasts for 5 years,it gives a standing on were Scottish football is in terms of strength and weakness,any good result against a higher or lower rated country is calculated, it takes away any imbalance between the halve and the have nots.
Any team can win a one off game so the points given for that game is recognised and lasts for 5 years.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

For me the coefficient is a way of comparing leagues across Europe,it's nothing to do with dosh in the game it has everything to do with results between clubs from different countries.
You can separate the business side of the game from the footballing side,Burnley put Aberdeen out but the points Aberdeen got lasts for 5 years,it gives a standing on were Scottish football is in terms of strength and weakness,any good result against a higher or lower rated country is calculated, it takes away any imbalance between the halve and the have nots.
Any team can win a one off game so the points given for that game is recognised and lasts for 5 years.
Afraid not. You get the same points whether you beat Birkirkara, Burnley or Barcelona.

On 13/08/2018 at 19:14, GordonS said:

Have you heard of virtue signalling?

What you just did is twat signalling.

For those who realise women are people, Glasgow made it through thanks to a goal 5 minutes from time for a 2-0 win in a fiercely fought, tense, compelling game. Bit of scenes at the end as some of the Poles didn't take it well.

That's a massive over-reaction. There is a thread for women's football, as you well know.  Women's football gets plenty of coverage these days, which is great. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be interested in it.

If someone has no interest in Belgian football, disability football, non-league football etc, does it mean they don't recognise those groups as people?

Ridiculous comment.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:
10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Afraid not. You get the same points whether you beat Birkirkara, Burnley or Barcelona.

One of the best things about the coefficient system is it has no emphasis on the coin.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

That's a massive over-reaction. There is a thread for women's football, as you well know.  Women's football gets plenty of coverage these days, which is great. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be interested in it.

If someone has no interest in Belgian football, disability football, non-league football etc, does it mean they don't recognise those groups as people?

Ridiculous comment.

"Women's football gets plenty of coverage... now, get back in your pishy wee forum under 'Other'".

If you can't see that there's a relevance in how UEFA's coefficient system works for women's football as a point of comparison with how it works in men's football, you're either stupid or... well, nothing good.

Don't bother replying.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

One of the best things about the coefficient system is it has no emphasis on the coin.

I don't understand how you can say that.

Teams from rich countries go straight into groups, for which they get coefficient points just for showing up. Then, for every match they win or draw, they get more points than they would if they'd been in qualifiers. 

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Teams from rich countries go straight into groups, for which they get coefficient points just for showing up. Then, for every match they win or draw, they get more points than they would if they'd been in qualifiers. 

Yup. Rigged from the start to ensure the diddy teams stay relatively diddy.

Ridiculous comment.
I made a wee joke and next thing i know i had fire and brimstone raining on me.

Then i was found guilty by the one man judge, jury and executioner of not thinking women are people. All because i said meh.

On 8/14/2018 at 07:51, Dons_1988 said:

Shay got heat on Twitter last night for being too stupid to understand that Celtic's demise adversely affects the coefficient and therefore is detrimental to Aberdeen FC.

It's nice to know, therefore, that Celtic fans will be cheering on Rangers on Thursday night in the common cause of raising the coefficient.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Take the money out of the debate.
The powerhouse footballing countries will always attract the best players from around the world
The best talent will always want to play at the highest level possible whether they're from San marino or Spain.
Wales are sitting 48th in the coefficient table,Gareth bale was never going to stay at Cardiff civil service.
The highest level is Spain with or without the money.