Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

Closed the gap on Sweden today as they have no UEL teams left. Both Polish teams lost, though Belarus gained with Minsk's win over Zenit.

We dropped the 3.250 scored in 2013/14 off our total for this season, almost matched that already. Another two wins and we will have our highest 5 year coefficient since 2011/12 (when our 07/08 season dropped off).

19 eq Serbia 2.750 4.250 2.875 6.375 3.375 19.625 +0.375 3/ 4
20 up Belarus 5.500 5.125 3.000 3.250 2.625 19.500 +0.500 3/ 4
21 dn Poland 4.750 5.500 3.875 2.875 2.125 19.125                  3/ 4
22 eq Sweden 3.900 4.750 2.750 5.375 1.875 18.650 +0.125 1/ 4
23 up Scotland 4.000 3.000 4.375 4.000 3.125 18.500 +0.500 3/ 4
24 up Israel 1.375 2.250 6.750 5.625 2.125 18.125 +0.250 3/ 4
25 dn Azerbaijan 3.625 4.375 4.250 4.375 1.500 18.125                  1/ 4
Edited by Ginaro

59 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

As well as ensure the correct distribution of money in UEFA's eyes, it's served to completely devalue the competition. It was never going to be on a par with the champions league, but it could still be seen as a worthwhile tournament in its own right.

Now it's just the consolation cup.

I think a re-introduction of the cup winners cup would be quite good. No group nonsense, straight knockout. It would at least be a hilarious mix of mega clubs along with wee diddy dross.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, yes...  something about St Johnstone   :1eye

I'd rather there were only two competitions as they are. I'd have only the league champions in the Champions League and I'd include the winners of the national cups as they are champions in their own right. If failing that because the league champions did a league and cup double then an opportunity for the league cup winners. If the league winner done a domestic treble then they only get one club in the Champions League and ,I'd also  give a berth to the Europa League winners the season before if they aren't their own leagues winner, effectively only one league could have 3 clubs by merit.

I'd have the two runners of each country compete in the Europa League with no CL parachutes and that's that. It raises the competitions profile having far better teams competing in it.

Also it will relieve some fixture congestion caused by way way too many qualifiers and group games for current clubs getting shafted by UEFA. :thumbsdown

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

That pisses me off as well. Once you get beat then surely you get papped out.

How many chances do CL clubs get before they actually get knocked out? 2,3 or 4 if you count getting 3rd in the CL group stages. Too many umbrellas imo.

Stop brown nosing.

No one's buying it.

3 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

That pisses me off as well. Once you get beat then surely you get papped out.

How many chances do CL clubs get before they actually get knocked out? 2,3 or 4 if you count getting 3rd in the CL group stages. Too many umbrellas imo.

While I get this and agree, this was brought in to keep clubs from kicking up shite about champions not getting in.

id forget seeds in group stages as well. Luck of the draw.

However TV dictates again and want as many big clubs in for audience figures. 

9 hours ago, greenockraver said:

whats the point of the coefficent below 11th place? which we have no chance of getting in this current climate?

Teams go in at a later stage of the qualifying rounds, and/or get a second team in the UCL. See https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/AccessList2018.html for the full access list.

If you look at the points for Austria in 11th - they have a few seasons around 4.000 the same as us, but also have a couple of years where they score ~7.500 with two or three teams in the group stages.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/45138169

Here you go lads and lasses.

A nice setting out of this European season, for those of you who see these calculations as important, and the upshot of a much improved coefficient as desirable. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

Above average post money tennis.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/45138169

Here you go lads and lasses.

A nice setting out of this European season, for those of you who see these calculations as important, and the upshot of a much improved coefficient as desirable. 

Each to their own I suppose. 

Shite link. Doesn't tell us how much Queens have missed out on, due to UEFA's refusal to give all the prize money to the SFA instead of the successful clubs. 

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Shite link. Doesn't tell us how much Queens have missed out on, due to UEFA's refusal to give all the prize money to the SFA instead of the successful clubs. 

Jeez - I try to do a nice thing.

Anyway, I've no real interest in Queens making money from this.

I have a strong interest however, in our already wealthiest club(s) being denied absolute fortunes.  If you're going to attempt to parody my point, do so with that vital germ of truth.

I've got a couple of daft laddie questions i'd be grateful if somebody could clear up for me.  

1. How are the seedings for each side worked out? Individually or through the national coefficient? 

2. Would Celtic gain the same amount of coefficient points for Scotland for a draw in champions league compared to a draw in Europa league? 

15 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I've got a couple of daft laddie questions i'd be grateful if somebody could clear up for me.  

1. How are the seedings for each side worked out? Individually or through the national coefficient? 

2. Would Celtic gain the same amount of coefficient points for Scotland for a draw in champions league compared to a draw in Europa league?

1. Individually (though the minimum for each club is 20% of the country coefficient, if a club doesn't have enough points). Clubs score points for getting to a certain stage of qualifying, wins/draws in each competition proper, and also bonus points.

2. Yes. But they and the country would get four bonus points for getting to the group stage.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html is your guide, then you can look at last season's club points https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/tcoef2018.html and the 5 years totals used for seeding. https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/trank2018.html

Edited by Ginaro

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez - I try to do a nice thing.

Anyway, I've no real interest in Queens making money from this.

I have a strong interest however, in our already wealthiest club(s) being denied absolute fortunes.  If you're going to attempt to parody my point, do so with that vital germ of truth.

Your contribution to this thread is just like your clubs contribution to the countries coefficient MT. Absolutely nothing. :)

QoS.jpg.4239167a843e76497c42e154c9a39882.jpg

Get over it mate, it was nearly ten years ago. :P

Although the crappy results from QoS that season may have had a contribution to being the death nail to Rangers FC.s epic failure to Maribor by lowering the coefficient to the level they might have got an easier club than Maribor if the coefficient was a fraction higher. :lol:

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Your contribution to this thread is just like your clubs contribution to the countries coefficient MT. Absolutely nothing. :)

QoS.jpg.4239167a843e76497c42e154c9a39882.jpg

Get over it mate, it was nearly ten years ago. :P

Although the crappy results from QoS that season may have had a contribution to being the death nail to Rangers FC.s epic failure to Maribor by lowering the coefficient to the level they might have got an easier club than Maribor if the coefficient was a fraction higher. :lol:

Good Lord.  You're also running with the idea that my take on this is to do with Queens.

Some of us are capable of lifting our heads you know.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Good Lord.  You're also running with the idea that my take on this is to do with Queens.

Some of us are capable of lifting our heads you know.

It's just banter ffs. :lol:

Genuine question?, is there at any point where the coefficient would mean anything at all to you?  Would you be impressed if our clubs rose up the rankings near the top ten and got extra places?  Or would you revel in the dwindling coefficient so that we get less clubs competing in it and less chances of progressing getting the bigger teams early?

7 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

It's just banter ffs. :lol:

Genuine question?, is there at any point where the coefficient would mean anything at all to you?  Would you be impressed if our clubs rose up the rankings near the top ten and got extra places?  Or would you revel in the dwindling coefficient so that we get less clubs competing in it and less chances of progressing getting the bigger teams early?

It would mean something.  If It soared to a point that meant we got two CL places, I'd be gutted.