Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What utter rubbish.

The bloke with the grasp of the "business world" just hopes that "somehow" massive advantages can be overturned.

Embarrassing drivel.

You should change your name to money tennis,you have successfully deflected your point about the coefficient onto your favourite subject in the last few pages.
Clubs in Scotland don't budget for European football they treat it as a bonus.
The ready made excuses for Aberdeen if they get put out by Burnley,couldn't use the same excuse as last season when they got knocked out by a team from Cyprus. 
Beat off the park before a ball is kicked because one team has more money than the other.Money answers all things.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

What utter rubbish.
The bloke with the grasp of the "business world" just hopes that "somehow" massive advantages can be overturned.
Embarrassing drivel.
Im just wondering when you are going to get off you soapbox.

32 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
What utter rubbish.
Embarrassing drivel.

Im just wondering when you are going to get off you soapbox.

If I disagree with what people are writing, I'll say so.

If I disagree very strongly, that'll probably be clear.   It's pretty much the idea of this place.

50 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You should change your name to money tennis,you have successfully deflected your point about the coefficient onto your favourite subject in the last few pages.
Clubs in Scotland don't budget for European football they treat it as a bonus.
The ready made excuses for Aberdeen if they get put out by Burnley,couldn't use the same excuse as last season when they got knocked out by a team from Cyprus. 
Beat off the park before a ball is kicked because one team has more money than the other.Money answers all things.

Well when I asked about what the impact of an improved coefficient would be, lots of the responses seemed to be about the scope for increased income.

I know you like to believe that Celtic's domestic supremacy is intrinsic as opposed to financial, but sentient beings tend to know otherwise.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well when I asked about what the impact of an improved coefficient would be, lots of the responses seemed to be about the scope for increased income.

I know you like to believe that Celtic's domestic supremacy is intrinsic as opposed to financial, but sentient beings tend to know otherwise.

You are the one that changed points into dosh,Europe to domestic.
Celtic have always been a dominant force in Scottish football just like Spanish, German ,English and Italian teams have been in Europe.
The introduction of money in the game has made no difference.
The teams that won in the 60's and 70's are still winning 50 years later.

Celtic have always been a dominant force in Scottish football just like Spanish, German ,English and Italian teams have been in Europe.

Are you not old enough to remember Celtic going 7 consecutive seasons without a top two finish? Worth noting that until Jock Stein's first title in '66, Celtic had only finished in the top two twice since the war.

They've always been big, but apart from the Jock Stein era, Celtic have only been a dominant force since cash transformed football.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Are you not old enough to remember Celtic going 7 consecutive seasons without a top two finish? Worth noting that until Jock Stein's first title in '66, Celtic had only finished in the top two twice since the war.

They've always been big, but apart from the Jock Stein era, Celtic have only been a dominant force since cash transformed football.

I don't know whether or not he's old enough, but he's certainly too ignorant to have any grasp of football history and the impact of structural change.

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What utter rubbish.

Embarrassing drivel.

You know I thought I led off in my post with "this might be pie in the sky thinking" and then replied to Gordons question how I thought the money could be shared out and put forward some pretty radical points that I hoped other clubs own their own accord broke the OF dominance and consistently did well in Europe. Yes it read of rubbish and drivel as far as a narrow minded person would view the content but for other free thinking folk instead of hobbling the OF, other clubs managed to somehow break the OF dominance.

In favour of my drivel and rubbish is that the OF's dominance has been broken in the past and Aberdeen were the last to do so. In some circumstances if not most circumstances clubs have consistently broken up the OF by finishing above one of them like the past two seasons in the top flight. It appears that beating both of them is the hurdle that needs to be cleared.

Finally! Yes I fucking believe at some point in the future we will see another club out-with the OF winning the title just like Leicester did. My only concern is can they win it the next season or could another club then do it?

I just don't like your approach to getting a more level playing field at all.

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Come on tae f**k you? Surely you are on the wind up Willy? :lol:

I agree that it hasn't changed much for who has been dominant forces for decades in their own league and in Europe. But you can't be serious that tens of millions of pounds more than their opposition hasn't helped maintain their dominant position ffs? :blink:

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

In the 23 years from 1970, Feynoord, Ajax, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Hamburg, Steaua Bucharest, Marseille, PSV Eindhoven, Porto, Red Star Belgrade, Juventus, Porto, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Barcelona all won the European cup for the first time.

In the 25 years since 1993, roughly when the champions league began, Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund are the only teams to win it who had never done so previously.

Does this not suggest the champions league money has made it far more of a closed shop, and nearly impossible to break into without financial doping?

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Are you not old enough to remember Celtic going 7 consecutive seasons without a top two finish?

I remember the 90's that was bad enough,to say Celtic are not a dominant force after winning over 100 trophies in Scotland is not just splitting hairs that's a check up from the neck up.
This debate isn't just about Celtic, monkey took it off on a tangent and onto his favourite soapbox.If football is all about the dosh especially in Europe,if Aberdeen and Hibs could make the group stages they could make £6 to £8 million helping them to close the mythical gap domestically. 

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

In the 23 years from 1970, Feynoord, Ajax, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Hamburg, Steaua Bucharest, Marseille, PSV Eindhoven, Porto, Red Star Belgrade, Juventus, Porto, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Barcelona all won the European cup for the first time.

In the 25 years since 1993, roughly when the champions league began, Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund are the only teams to win it who had never done so previously.

Does this not suggest the champions league money has made it far more of a closed shop, and nearly impossible to break into without financial doping?

My point was a boarder one, i think i'm right in saying the European cup/champions league has only been won by 9 countries in 60 years.

10 countries. Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany (incl. as West Germany), France, Netherlands, Romania, Yugoslavia, England & Scotland. There’s only another 3 countries have made it to the final, Belgium, Greece and Sweden.

I remember the 90's that was bad enough,to say Celtic are not a dominant force after winning over 100 trophies in Scotland is not just splitting hairs that's a check up from the neck up.
This debate isn't just about Celtic, monkey took it off on a tangent and onto his favourite soapbox.If football is all about the dosh especially in Europe,if Aberdeen and Hibs could make the group stages they could make £6 to £8 million helping them to close the mythical gap domestically. 
How could making £6-8 million close the gap on a team that qualifies for the champions league and makes about £30 million?

If Aberdeen and Hibs could make the group stages. Aberdeen have consistently been drawn against teams with miles more resources than ourselves in the past few seasons in Europe and have consistently performed to a very high level. Limassol was disappointing last season and this season we've drawn an EPL team and a Turkish mob with a squad that would fear you (and that's being seeded in qr3). Scottish football fans and Celtic fans in particular seem completely oblivious to just how hard it is to make the Europa League groups. The Dons have beaten a seeded team in 3 out of 4 seasons (groningen, rijeka and ventspils) and still only gotten to qr3

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

,if Aberdeen and Hibs could make the group stages they could make £6 to £8 million helping them to close the mythical gap domestically. 

What’s the point when financial resources don’t influence the difference between teams according to you?

Why did you use the word mythical? Are you suggesting there is no financial gap between Celtic and other teams? 

Doesn't look like there's much point going to any league matches this year lads.

According to some on here, we should just post the Annual Turnover for each club, and the order of that decides the team's position in the league.

Saves all that time and energy of actually playing some matches...

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

"Mythical gap" everyone.

He said "mythical gap"!

8 minutes ago, OSP said:

Doesn't look like there's much point going to any league matches this year lads.

According to some on here, we should just post the Annual Turnover for each club, and the order of that decides the team's position in the league.

Saves all that time and energy of actually playing some matches...

There's still a point in going to plenty games where the sides are well matched.

You're actually dead right about the Celtic ones though.  They genuinely are pretty pointless.  It must be shit following them.