Romeo's mortgage P&B decides

Choose a mortgage  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, current Mortgage deal is almost done so looking at options. In a position to increase payments and knock a few years of the mortgage.

What kind of deal would P&B go for?

That's a good start.

Would also fix as the upside is very small compared to the downside.

I'd personally go for a fixed rate, if only for the practical reason that you know what you'll be paying each month without a rise if the interest rate goes up. Then you have the freedom to overpay if you can (make sure yours allows it) and if you can't one month then its no big deal.

Something else.

Sell your house and buy a motorhome, travel to Dover and pick up some lovely Eastern European women looking for work in the sex trade, travel the country in your mobile brothel and earn your millions as a tinky-Scottish-pimpy-Hugh Heffner type.

Also, buy a smoking jacket and a pipe.

I've always gone fixed rate for budgeting purposes. Switched a couple of years ago from interest only mortgage to a repayment one. Cashed in the endowments which, because of the low interest rates over the last however many years, were never going to repay the lump sum at the end. Used them to pay off a fair whack of the mortgage (had been a company interest only one which had run for 20+ years). Wish I'd switched to even part repayment a few years ago, but there always seemed to be something more important to spend the money on.

When the mortgage term finishes in 5 years there will be a small amount outstanding amount and I've got a share save in place to cover it. Would never wish my life away but seriously can't wait to be rid of this!

• 2 years later...
Ok, current Mortgage deal is almost done so looking at options. In a position to increase payments and knock a few years of the mortgage.

What kind of deal would P&B go for?

My advice would probably be don’t seek advice from a forum full of life’s losers (myself included).

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

My advice would probably be don’t seek advice from a forum full of life’s losers (myself included).

People who start threads like this should be legally obliged to accept the results.

On 6/25/2018 at 19:20, banana said:

c***s paying the highly inflated price the estate agents put a house up for, absolute c***s driving up prices/expectations.

I'm viewing a place tomorrow over here and if I like it I plan on offering 20% less than the asking price. The worst they can say is no and I then have to decide how much I like it.

27 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm viewing a place tomorrow over here and if I like it I plan on offering 20% less than the asking price. The worst they can say is no and I then have to decide how much I like it.

Went to see another one at the weekend, set at 150% market price. Some c**t offered 145%, house gone.

Good luck!