The Big One: Belgium v Italy

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was to hide a tattoo

Nope, a few years back one of his sleeves got torn off in a game and he played really well. So he kept doing it on purpose cause he's a bit superstitious. 

Wilmots :lol:

That's what happens when you hand the job to the Ally McCoist of your country. An absolute charlatan.

Really, given Belgium will still cruise past the two pub teams in the group, they're as well binning Wilmots now and give a competent manager the gig with an eye on the knockout stages. It's their only realistic chance of winning a major tournament and they don't stand a chance with that clown in the dugout.

A job well done for Conte and Italy.

Hummels and Boateng aren't even close to Juventus' BBC combination. Hummels wouldn't even warm their bench ahead of the backup they signed from Empoli or some other outfit. It's a position that they're insanely strong in while Hummels is more than a bit pish.

Ooft, VikingTON on the whisky tonight

Can't believe he called Hummels pish. And Belgium lost a stuffy game to a team just as good as them in Argentina at the WC and tonight they again could've easily taken something from tonight's game if Lukaku didn't have such a mare and Origi kept his eyes open.

I really enjoyed that. Deserved win for an impressive Italy, but Belgium weren't out of it until the last minute. 

Lukaku was absolutely shite and I'd be surprised if he actually managed to register a double-digit number of touches. Possibly even worse a striker's performance than the one Harry Kane mustered on Saturday night. 

The best play of the game has to go to Eder for me. Bear hugging the Belgian guy to the ground, getting booked for it and punting the ball into the stand. Tremendous.

:lol:

It was a like a semi-violent version of Peter Kay's "Ave IT" advert. Brilliant. I liked Chiellini's better though, the moment he got skinned everyone in the stadium knew what was coming.

Italy were superb, although they didn't have to be against a bunch of pea-hearted sand dancers. Lukaku was horrific, De Bruyne appeared to have suffered some sort of head knock which made him forget he was a professional football, and Fellaini has been a fucking fraud for years.

I hope they finish with no points.

Stick to making up yet more of your Walter Mitty tales champ: the adults are talking in this forum. 

Can't believe he called Hummels pish. 

I called Hummels a wee bit pish; which he is. If you want a central defender that looks in complete control for eighty-five minutes before routinely shipping goals against quality opposition, go for Hummels. If you actually want the best defenders in the world, look no further than that Italy/Juve line-up. 

Stick to making up yet more of your Walter Mitty tales champ: the adults are talking in this forum. 

I called Hummels a wee bit pish; which he is. If you want a central defender that looks in complete control for eighty-five minutes before routinely shipping goals against quality opposition, go for Hummels. If you actually want the best defenders in the world, look no further than that Italy/Juve line-up. 

I actually agree a wee bit here. Hummels always has a mistake in him. Still a terrific player but I'd have Bonucci ahead of him every time. Boateng as well probably.

I think Italy must have been training twice as much as any other team as that was terrific. When the work done on the training ground is obvious when watching a match then you know it's top notch. I think they'll struggle if they go 1-0 down in a game though.

I actually agree a wee bit here. Hummels always has a mistake in him. Still a terrific player but I'd have Bonucci ahead of him every time. Boateng as well probably.

I think Italy must have been training twice as much as any other team as that was terrific. When the work done on the training ground is obvious when watching a match then you know it's top notch. I think they'll struggle if they go 1-0 down in a game though.

Not saying you're wrong but can you name these mistakes?

Also I would say that Italian defence are the best back line defensively in international football but they still should have conceded two goals tonight. Got lucky because of some terrible Belgian finishing.

Archived