Leafa 16/17 prem 1 & 2

Quackers

Sounds like you boys are the ones that never won anything? I never said the players weren't good enough ability wise. I merely stated that the attitude didn't suit what tollcross were about and that ultimately undermines the team and manager. You have to be selfless and most of said players that have left aren't.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're all good enough to play in Prem 1 but obviously not good enough to challenge for honours at the top level. For the last 4 or 5 seasons their record in the big games vs East Linton, Edinburgh Rose, Sandys etc hasn't been good enough. That's why they don't win things and maybe that's either because those teams have better players or there isn't a strong enough mentality.

For the last 4 or 5 seasons the likes of Sandys, Edinburgh Rose, Heriot Vale (before folding) etc have been challenging for honours consistently whilst Tollcross haven't really. Yet every season people are tipping them to win the league or do well in the cups.

Not doubting their ability, but attitude and respect for their manager and team mates is lacking. Tollcross have been victims of their own success with long runs in the EOS scuppering league chances when the fixtures pile up, but have always been in it in the final third. I agree that mental toughness is lacking for some though and the best teams cope with the fixtures, hopefully that will be rectified this season now that some weaker members of the squad have left. How they are replaced is crucial, but I'm sure it'll work out well. All the best everyone

Not doubting their ability, but attitude and respect for their manager and team mates is lacking. Tollcross have been victims of their own success with long runs in the EOS scuppering league chances when the fixtures pile up, but have always been in it in the final third. I agree that mental toughness is lacking for some though and the best teams cope with the fixtures, hopefully that will be rectified this season now that some weaker members of the squad have left. How they are replaced is crucial, but I'm sure it'll work out well. All the best everyone

Haven't Kyle Hay (their best player imo) and Mikey Yuill (biggest goal threat) left?

i think we are in for a cracking season all round, some of the players iv seen added to some of the teams in the leagues will really enhance it!

Looking forward to it and seeing how it develops. Can onto be good for the leagues and push every team to do better.

As for predictions, il tip Linlithgow for the prem. They came close this season in their first there, they know what to expect now and are already strengthening and I think they will go well.

Our league, Craigshill are strong favourites for a reason but if I didn't think we could give them a run for their money then I'd be aswell packing it so we will just need to see what happens.

Hahahahahahahahahaha Greig Hogarth best player in the league. You boys been on the glue again? Point out the contradiction Quakers. In reference to weaker members perhaps look at the context of what I was saying, I was talking about mentality. No doubting some of their ability

"The players that left tollcross never won anything and never have won anything at amateur level,"

"depends on if the calibre of player is higher than those that left, won't be hard in my opinion"

"I never said the players weren't good enough ability wise."

you were saying?

You sound like a disgruntled manager/coach Green At Heart. Is this the case? Hardly say victims of their own success with a cup run in the EOS, they never got to the final or won anything! Personally I would class success as winning trophies or in other cases promotion.

Some of the weaker members of the squad have left?? That is comical considering 5 or 6 of them were starting almost every game, that's how it almost proves that you are indeed involved with Tolly in some capacity. How they are replaced is crucial and hopefully you can do that, I just feel with the current management team you will struggle to bring in quality players good enough to win the league or cups. Just my opinion of course :)

I know it's your opinion but come on....

haha well in my eyes he's the best ðŸ˜

Dinsey, i actually think you boys will be challenging Craigshill and seem to putting together a stronger squad by the sound of things. I would much rather you did win the league, always good to see someone who works hard and puts alot of effort in with no budget 😂😂😂

Haha I can assure you I'm not a manager or coach, life is too short to spend Saturday afternoons trying to get halfwits to follow basic instructions or watch players put in half hearted tackles. No I'm just a keen spectator nowadays. OK so success was perhaps a strong word but I think I made my point. They've always had a chance of winning the league coming into the final stretch. Tell me being in that position season after season and not winning trophies is down to management and tactics? That's just a self defeating argument. The last month or two is the hardest of the season and you have to be mentally tough to come out on top. I will eagerly watch how the departed players fare next season but I always say a team is in trouble when it's manager goes round to players houses to sign them. That's a lack of willingness from the player and near desperation from the manager. Power is immediately handed to the players and I wouldn't trust half these departed players as far as I could throw them. So I give it til Christmas until at least one of them is bitching or moaning about being dropped, unless ofcourse the manager has guaranteed them starting places. If so, I pity him

Haha I can assure you I'm not a manager or coach, life is too short to spend Saturday afternoons trying to get halfwits to follow basic instructions or watch players put in half hearted tackles. No I'm just a keen spectator nowadays. OK so success was perhaps a strong word but I think I made my point. They've always had a chance of winning the league coming into the final stretch. Tell me being in that position season after season and not winning trophies is down to management and tactics? That's just a self defeating argument. The last month or two is the hardest of the season and you have to be mentally tough to come out on top. I will eagerly watch how the departed players fare next season but I always say a team is in trouble when it's manager goes round to players houses to sign them. That's a lack of willingness from the player and near desperation from the manager. Power is immediately handed to the players and I wouldn't trust half these departed players as far as I could throw them. So I give it til Christmas until at least one of them is bitching or moaning about being dropped, unless ofcourse the manager has guaranteed them starting places. If so, I pity him

Sounds like a coach or manager to me :lol: bitching about the former players that left your team. You can deny it til the cows come home but you've made it fairly obvious. How often have you been down to watch the players in question or for that matter Tollcross? So because they are "in a position season after season" to win the league it's 100% down to the players for not winning? A settled team would possibly help this surely? Heriot Vale did the quadruple with a small group players and generally the same starting 11 every week instead of a squad of 25 chopping and changing week in week out.

As for the manager, would you not maybe see it as dedication and sensible getting players signed up early before they are poached by the Tollcross managers friends or hounded by email/text by the Tollcross manager? Wouldn't trust these guys as far as you could throw them? Correct me if im wrong but have they not all been there 3 or 4 years possibly some longer? That's a long time to stay at a club when you're winning nothing and being the nearly men. Doubt you'll see any of them leaving for not getting a game, they are all good enough to start every week for Tollcross so must surely be good enough to start in a team in a lower league? :thumsup2

Oooooohhhhhh someone's finally got a bit defensive. I don't need to say who, pretty sure everyone discussing this knows who we're talking about so we can protect individual identities to save them from further embarrassment. I can guarantee I'm not on the coaching staff, you have my word and I speak the truth as you can see by my posts hahahahahaha

Archived