Leafa 16/17 prem 1 & 2

Quackers

I'm only saying what i hear from other teams and players pal. Not slagging anyone, those players can be decent on their day and like i say will probably do well at savlie. We werent good enough last season simple as that, myself included.

Its an opinion thread and personally i dont believe some really gave a fuk towards the latter part of the season given their minds were already made up about moving. Might be completely wrong, but thats my thoughts, and sure there would be some agreement tbh.

Cheers for the personal words though, made my night ðŸ‘

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure you were Nizza, quite blatantly slagging off former team mates. Did 1 of those players not win player of the year last 2 or 3 years for Tollcross? Can't be that bad surely? You going to directly blame the departed players for the amount of goals you concede or amount of times you flap and drop crosses etc? Can't always blame your tools Nizza......

If u wanna make something out of it fair enough. Of course all the goals that go in are my fault. One thing though, missed a 3rd of the league season due in which we conceded a bundle. Just saying

Guess whether u think i deserved it or not, ive been and done it. Good luck trying

Danderhall strengthen one or two and they will be right in about it, hope they do it.

But for me, Linlithgow will win Premier 1.

If Tollcross replace those boys with decent players and add a bit more dig, they will be fine. Excellent passing side and good players but when I've played against them or watched them they were too nice and needed to be harder/dirtier/more aggressive at times, that's all that was missing.

Hopefully St Bernards can put up a sustained fight against Craigshill but based on the last two seasons i would say Craigshill will win it... And nearly everything else as well.

Danderhall strengthen one or two and they will be right in about it, hope they do it.

But for me, Linlithgow will win Premier 1.

If Tollcross replace those boys with decent players and add a bit more dig, they will be fine. Excellent passing side and good players but when I've played against them or watched them they were too nice and needed to be harder/dirtier/more aggressive at times, that's all that was missing.

Hopefully St Bernards can put up a sustained fight against Craigshill but based on the last two seasons i would say Craigshill will win it... And nearly everything else as well.

Probably a fair point Mr Tee, Deano came in and was probably the one that would always get stuck in to teams. Was a petty he was cup-tied for almost all the cups when he joined.

Well so you should, would say about 90% of the goals are probably your fault. You played a few games for Scotland ams fair enough but no idea how to be honest. Not a hope in hell you'll be anywhere near it ever again.

No a fan of the big man I take it 😅😅 tbf I think he's been fairly open and honest. I watched Tollcross twice last year and can see what he means as the players in question are technically superb but didn't really looked arsed, maybe an off day when I seen them. They will definitely improve Salvie though that is a cert

Obviously a Tollcross supporter pal if u know that much.

Feel for mate. All those wasted saturdays watching shite(in ur opinion). Well other than the guys away to Salvie, they're superstars(again ur opinion)

Well, this has been entertaining reading today. Some very varying opinions from behind hidden identities.

As someone who's left Tollcross and signed for Salvie I felt it's fair to share mine. It's Mikey so you know.

Boss Man. I know I speak for the #Salvie7 (that's what we call ourselves since it's been treated like a mutiny for leaving) when I say we appreciate you having our backs today when some have been critical, one in particular. I'll get to him a bit later on. Would love to know who you are?

I'll stick up for Rambo tho and say he is a very good keeper, partial to a mistake like us all. This is amateur.

Rambo, I agree it could of went smoother leaving. The last few months didn't go smoothly and we all had our reasons for deciding to go, but it shouldn't of effected the end of the season.

One point you made I'd question tho, which teams did we play each week said that we, the #Salvie7, were shite?

Green At Heart. You made your feelings very clear today. I won't go thru all your points but I have to ask about a couple....

Firstly, you said you weren't part of the Tollcross set up, but you followed us a lot. There wasn't anyone who did that I didn't get along with so you've come on here behind an unknown name and said it's easy to replace all of us, and that we didn't have the mental edge to cut it at Tollcross.

That's pretty poor chat from someone I probably liked. You certainly didn't say that to any of us in person.

So not only do you think it will be easy to replace 7 players (probably closer to 10 with 2/3 others maybe going their own way too) but you think it will be easy to replace our ability too?! That's bold.

Until this year the last 3 Premier 1 winners have folded and they barely lost half what Tollcross have, and they had the appeal of bringing in players to the current champions. Tollcross have to do it after a mass have left which will make players ask why so many have left.... Teams all through the leagues fold each season due to the lack of players around, let alone Premier 1 quality. Don't get me wrong, I want Tollcross to get bodies in and continue, but you throwing about it's easy to just pull in 7+ good players and you aren't even part of the set up is ridiculous.

It's quite a coincidence that the only players who lacked the mental edge happened to leave.... No bad words for the players who've stayed?

I decided to move as I hadn't enjoyed the last few months and my mates, the #Salvie7, had decided to move together for a fresh challenge. Nothing wrong with that, and nobody owes anyone anything at this level where you need to stay. Everyone raves about playing Premier 1, but some of the best teams are below that league. Craigshill, ESV, St. Bernard's to name a few. We plan to be like them and do well next season.

P.S. Someone mentioned previous POTY winners, they're all going to Salvie. Can't be that bad. Although Faron Gribben's award was as corrupt as FIFA's annual bonus awards.

Great post SAF, very valid points.

You're welcome for having your backs, i liked all you guys that left and most of the boys in general. That includes Nizza btw, was purely trying to get a bite from him so Nizza don't take anything i said personally. Most of it was true but not all of it 😂

Green at heart is a bellend SAF, wouldn't take what he says to heart, just a disgruntled current coach in my eyes.

You must be as blind as you are thick boss man, well and truly living up to the E- tag now. Eh think you covered most of them Mikey, but I'd put everything I'm worth on you being the first one benched, huffing and puffing and creating another poisonous atmosphere before the season is out. Proper lady part

Well, this has been entertaining reading today. Some very varying opinions from behind hidden identities.

As someone who's left Tollcross and signed for Salvie I felt it's fair to share mine. It's Mikey so you know.

Boss Man. I know I speak for the #Salvie7 (that's what we call ourselves since it's been treated like a mutiny for leaving) when I say we appreciate you having our backs today when some have been critical, one in particular. I'll get to him a bit later on. Would love to know who you are?

I'll stick up for Rambo tho and say he is a very good keeper, partial to a mistake like us all. This is amateur.

Rambo, I agree it could of went smoother leaving. The last few months didn't go smoothly and we all had our reasons for deciding to go, but it shouldn't of effected the end of the season.

One point you made I'd question tho, which teams did we play each week said that we, the #Salvie7, were shite?

Green At Heart. You made your feelings very clear today. I won't go thru all your points but I have to ask about a couple....

Firstly, you said you weren't part of the Tollcross set up, but you followed us a lot. There wasn't anyone who did that I didn't get along with so you've come on here behind an unknown name and said it's easy to replace all of us, and that we didn't have the mental edge to cut it at Tollcross.

That's pretty poor chat from someone I probably liked. You certainly didn't say that to any of us in person.

So not only do you think it will be easy to replace 7 players (probably closer to 10 with 2/3 others maybe going their own way too) but you think it will be easy to replace our ability too?! That's bold.

Until this year the last 3 Premier 1 winners have folded and they barely lost half what Tollcross have, and they had the appeal of bringing in players to the current champions. Tollcross have to do it after a mass have left which will make players ask why so many have left.... Teams all through the leagues fold each season due to the lack of players around, let alone Premier 1 quality. Don't get me wrong, I want Tollcross to get bodies in and continue, but you throwing about it's easy to just pull in 7+ good players and you aren't even part of the set up is ridiculous.

It's quite a coincidence that the only players who lacked the mental edge happened to leave.... No bad words for the players who've stayed?

I decided to move as I hadn't enjoyed the last few months and my mates, the #Salvie7, had decided to move together for a fresh challenge. Nothing wrong with that, and nobody owes anyone anything at this level where you need to stay. Everyone raves about playing Premier 1, but some of the best teams are below that league. Craigshill, ESV, St. Bernard's to name a few. We plan to be like them and do well next season.

P.S. Someone mentioned previous POTY winners, they're all going to Salvie. Can't be that bad. Although Faron Gribben's award was as corrupt as FIFA's annual bonus awards.

Tollcross will struggle to stay upafter losing that amount of quality I think.

Most of those players will be an asset to another side.

I do however agree that those who had made thier mind up prior... performances at tail end of season simply wasn't up to thier usual standard, I'm not saying they didn't give a f... just that they were going through the motions.

All the best to those guys though, premier 1 will be really string this season though with 6 teams good enough to win it imo

I think people quickly forget the quality tollcross lost at the start of last season as well and they still challenged for the league. Think the salvy 7 need settle down a bit, obviously have a very high opinion of themselves. It's amazing how short people's memories are when they only think about themselves

Archived