Leafa 16/17 prem 1 & 2

Quackers

Yeah mate he could only make you better, played against him a few times since and what a nightmare to play against! He's always been that way, just enjoys playing with his mates in familiar surroundings. Personally I've always said he's wasted playing this level but he enjoys it and at the end of the day that's what it's all about!! Think like a lot of boys when he played junior he was promised stuff he never got and that's what's put him off. He's only got a couple more seasons do I hope he gives it a go with the select squad

1 hour ago, scorer said:

I have asked Jules along to the select squad but he doesn't fancy it, i totally understand his reasoning behind not wanting to be a part of the squad, great player on his day and rightly so regarded as one of the best in the league.  but i do hope he changes his mind about the select  

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played with him for the first time on Saturday and he's up there. Put most of my kicks onto his head won most if not all and one led to our goal. Ball at his feet and waltzed past players. Looking forward to playing more games with him as season goes on.

Played with him for the first time on Saturday and he's up there. Put most of my kicks onto his head won most if not all and one led to our goal. Ball at his feet and waltzed past players. Looking forward to playing more games with him as season goes on.

Well I can assure you that you will love playing with him, he's even a good CD. Can play anywhere but he's better up front IMO. Good bunch of boys down there always looking at thier results and were extremely unlucky not to win it last year, which I felt was the best chance they've had. Always a hard team to bear especially down at Linton

Great to see players for Prem 1&2 in the Scotland Squad for Sundays International match v England.

Scotty Walker (Fernieside)
Graham Butler, Tony Jaconelli & Paul McCracken (Craigshill)
Sean Smith (Linlithgow)

Clark Campbell (Craigshill) is on stand bye.

All the best to the players involved [emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Just seen the results on the website. Lithgae score is a bit of a shock would of expected that to be closer. Every team has off days tho

We were well beaten today, few call offs this morning that meant last minute changes but no excuses we should be better and weren't a match for Lithgae first half. 

I know we can do much much better though so I'm not too concerned as we will improve and it's a marker of where we need to get to if we want to compete regularly. 

Must say, for the good players they have going forward, their centre half the boy Chucky is an absolute rock for them and was best player on the park for me organising everything and completely nullifying our attackers. 

• 3 months later...

First game in a few months yesterday due to health reasons.  Headed down to East linton wearing 2 pairs of trousers, 3 jumpers, and a shin length coat.  Still freezing.  Thanks for the gents at the stall for the drinks.  Otherwise it would have been really bad.

Anyway.  Worried for east linton.  They Battered Spartans for almost the whole game but never looked like scoring.  Missing something up front.  Lost a couple of goals via goalkeeping errors. In my opinion.  

No 6 for East Linton best player on show.  Got a bit excited toward the end though!

No luck at all.  Certs for relegation unless something weird happens.

Shame.  East lothian football toiling at the moment with teams disappearing and struggling for players. 

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:43, oldandround said:

First game in a few months yesterday due to health reasons.  Headed down to East linton wearing 2 pairs of trousers, 3 jumpers, and a shin length coat.  Still freezing.  Thanks for the gents at the stall for the drinks.  Otherwise it would have been really bad.

Anyway.  Worried for east linton.  They Battered Spartans for almost the whole game but never looked like scoring.  Missing something up front.  Lost a couple of goals via goalkeeping errors. In my opinion.  

No 6 for East Linton best player on show.  Got a bit excited toward the end though!

No luck at all.  Certs for relegation unless something weird happens.

Shame.  East lothian football toiling at the moment with teams disappearing and struggling for players. 

WOW!

The referee walked up to me after the game and asked if our galie(spartans) had a save to make

nuber 6 for east inton did on numerous occasions decide to kick our players during corner kicks etc, he seemed to want to drag us into a battle rather tha play football

I'm not here to sling mud or slate anyone but we were by far the better team.

in regards to missing something up front, I think East Linton's number 9 is one of hir best players i've seen him a few times over the past few seasons and very rarey has a bad game. You can only do so much with the service behind you though. Every time East Linton got the ball it was launched into te air in hope for the number 9 to chase. Felt sorry for him because as I say he is a decent player

Had a chat with a couple of players ater the game and they said ther manager leaing had a big factor on how things have turned out for them

All said and done, best twishes to East Linton for the remainder of te season, although I hope they don't pick up too many points(as it'll benefit us)

WOW!
The referee walked up to me after the game and asked if our galie(spartans) had a save to make
nuber 6 for east inton did on numerous occasions decide to kick our players during corner kicks etc, he seemed to want to drag us into a battle rather tha play football
in regards to missing something up front, I think East Linton's number 9 is one of hir best players i've seen him a few times over the past few seasons and very rarey has a bad game. You can only do so much with the service behind you though. Every time East Linton got the ball it was launched into te air in hope for the number 9 to chase. Felt sorry for him because as I say he is a decent player
Had a chat with a couple of players ater the game and they said ther manager leaing had a big factor on how things have turned out for them
All said and done, best twishes to East Linton for the remainder of te season, although I hope they don't pick up too many points(as it'll benefit us)

Played them a few years ago thought they were decent,why the manager leave?

23 minutes ago, xnxx said:

Played them a few years ago thought they were decent,why the manager leave?

not too sure

from what I seen as an outsider looking in, they were an ok team a few years ago(I've played against them a few times over the years) and it just seems they have a very similar team all the way through, haven't added many new faces and of course age gets the better of alot of us So possibly just an older team stll playing in a very competitive league, maybe starting to show now

but as i say still have some good players, just maybe not as many as they once had, when slightly younger

9 hours ago, bugsy7 said:

WOW!

Great to have a debate on Non ayrshire football on here!  

I agree that you deserved to win.  East Linton had a lot of the ball especially in the 2nd half and did press you right back.

However, Spartans defended fantastically well, and the keeper didnt have much to do right enough.  Spartans took their 2 chances and were good value for the win.

Doesnt change that East Linton had most of the ball, but they were chasing the game.  Enjoy your win.

It was a better game than the weather should have allowed it to be.

And the no6.  "excited" was my term for him, but I'm a player from the 70's amateur game.  Now, that was a time for "excited" men.

Good luck and hope to watch you when your down in Musselburgh or perhaps danderhall next time.

On 28/12/2016 at 15:00, Burnie_man said:

9 hours ago, bugsy7 said:

not too sure

from what I seen as an outsider looking in, they were an ok team a few years ago(I've played against them a few times over the years) and it just seems they have a very similar team all the way through, haven't added many new faces and of course age gets the better of alot of us So possibly just an older team stll playing in a very competitive league, maybe starting to show now

but as i say still have some good players, just maybe not as many as they once had, when slightly younger

Was affecting his personal life mate, defeats getting to him etc. Right decision in leaving but it took there best player and a bit of fight with it. Couple good cup results that I wasn't involved and a couple I was.

Hope all changes for them over the course of the last few games.

Great to see East Linton get their first league win of the season today.
Played against them in their first league game of the season, have to say i'm surprised they've big time struggled. But maybe kick on now, some decent players in their team too.

Great to see East Linton get their first league win of the season today.
Played against them in their first league game of the season, have to say i'm surprised they've big time struggled. But maybe kick on now, some decent players in their team too.

What was their score

Archived