Your team's outcome v pre-season expectations ?

glensmad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a disastrous start to our season when we lost first 2 games and managed to score a late winner in our third league game

To come back and win the league and get a fair distance in the WOS cup was probably better than we could hope for in the third /fourth week of the season

Guest chavez

Better season than expected for Bathgate considering the hassle we had last close season. Hopefully improve again next year.

Better season than expected for Bathgate considering the hassle we had last close season. Hopefully improve again next year.

The place was looking a picture today.

Guest chavez

Thanks for that.

Wee bit progress at a time. Despite silly comments elsewhere we have no "sugar daddy" just a hard working committee and management team with a groundsman who is worth his weight in gold.

As far as the league goes, was all about consolidation in the league as we had a lot of changes in the summer and to be fair we started poorly and I thought we were going to be pulled into a relegation dog fight.

As you would imagine we have far exceeded our expectations in the cups, winning the Scottish cup was way beyond our wildest dreams and a semifinal appearance in the west and reaching the Ayrshire cup final it has ended up being a fantastic season.

Hopefully we can push on from here and get a challenge in the league next year.

Talbot started off strongly then after a sluggish period we were written off by most opposing fans as over the hill long ball one dimensional footballing team. So it's nice to see we won the hardest league in the Juniors, The West and ET cup.

No bad for a bunch of pensioners. Said this before but write Auchinleck Talbot off at yer peril.

Probably the worst season I can imagine,

Not aided by Meadow being the 2nd poorest team I support at holding onto a lead,

(I also support Aston Villa).

Roll on next season it can't be worse than this one..........................

Archived